SAU Community

Sherrifs Dept Blitz Today @ Chaddy

Mean_R34

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahaha - i would have hung around the car parks just to see peoples reactions when they came out.

Haha they need to televise people's reaction - like punk'd / candid camera for the oldies

Except it would be real.... tough luck :blink:

Those of you goody goodies saying, oh but you should pay your fines like a good boy/girl, well the fines aren't always justified.

Sometimes the fines are in the process of being contended and shouldn't have been issued in the first place. For example the time

I got a fine whilst parked in my own driveway. Didn't pay it.

Furthermore, many fines are a form of blatant revenue raising. Here is just another example, these 'raids' are done

purely for economic reasons.

Stick it to them if you can.

First Rye, now this post, I wonder what next...

Glad you asked. I'll tell you what's next...

A bloke at work has a son who is a cop. He's been trialling a new camera (probably same as the Sheriff's cam) that they set up on the roadside. It takes a shot of your rego plate, links back to Vicroads database and alerts the fuzz if the car is unregistered, etc. They are conveniently positioned a few hundred metres down the street, walk out and pull you over.

BAM. You're nicked!

Having said that, it's got me thinking. I asked the Sheriff the other day if his cameras are new. he said "Yeah to us they are, but the police have had them for a while".

Which brings me back to a post I made in Sept 2008.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sp...-M-t235764.html

I wonder if this camera is not a speed camera, but a rego recognition device and the boys are waiting down the track.

How about we all keep an old towel in our boot? Never know when you might like to air it out a bit. :blink:

post-18271-1259972896_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mean_R34

i was once in a back street in Eltham (outer suburbs) anyways, had to move the car out of the driveway quickly so someone else could leave.. moved it out on the street, went inside for 5 -10 mins.. came back out side to move it back into the drive way after the person had left...

recived a parking fine during that 5 -10 mins for (not facing dirrection of traffic) WTF? - not really justified,... just a quick cash grab

Yeah LOL not facing direction of traffic i got done too! Middle of bendigo a few years back, 3am after a night out I was driving back to the motel in a two way street with paralell parking on each side in town, not a car in sight - anywhere - and i wanted to get cash out of an atm. rather than stopping on the other side of road in an unknown area in the dark, i pulled up alongside the atm, lights still on, car running, door open, jumped out, card in the maching, blue and red lights pull up, fining me for facing the wrong way... :D

They fine you for not facing the wrong way because at some point during the parking exercise you were driving on the wrong side of the road, even if for only a couple of seconds. Not to defend the law because I'm sure it's there for revenue more than safety, but I'm certain that's the reasoning behind it.

i take it the government ran out of money to give so theyre "fund" raising??

maybe they should hold some "donut days" at Krispy Cream instead. would probably make more money :D

They fine you for not facing the wrong way because at some point during the parking exercise you were driving on the wrong side of the road, even if for only a couple of seconds. Not to defend the law because I'm sure it's there for revenue more than safety, but I'm certain that's the reasoning behind it.

i know, silly hey! i took it on the chin and learned from it obviously, but i was just backing up ruffels story :D

to anyone defending these lowlife bastards, read my story and see if you can still find a way to defend them...

i received a fine from stonnington council, for:

"being spotted" in a no standing zone outside my work while the car was running and i closed the work gate.

i then moved my car to a spot with no signs saying you can't park there... (arrow has been half painted over with white paint, not by me, and i infact didn't know this until i examined the scene after receiving the fine)

and why did i leave my car where i did? because as i was leaving work i was called in by the police to be told about the death of a workmate, and subsequently interviewed.

stonnington council have ALL this information and have still proceeded with the fine. i have appealed it 3 times, and used all my available appeals.

i have even supplied photographic evidence of the tampered signs, which they refuse to fix.

then the other day one of our delivery drivers double parked his van and asked the inspector if it was ok as he was running in and out... he was told "no worries mate!" as soon as he was out of sight the inspector printed the fine, took photo's put it on the car and then scurried away.

they are dogs.... rabid filthy aids infested evil dogs that should be put down... end of story....

there are thousands of respectable ways to make a living without preying on other people.

A bloke at work has a son who is a cop. He's been trialling a new camera (probably same as the Sheriff's cam) that they set up on the roadside. It takes a shot of your rego plate, links back to Vicroads database and alerts the fuzz if the car is unregistered, etc. They are conveniently positioned a few hundred metres down the street, walk out and pull you over.

BAM. You're nicked!

Having said that, it's got me thinking. I asked the Sheriff the other day if his cameras are new. he said "Yeah to us they are, but the police have had them for a while".

I wonder if this camera is not a speed camera, but a rego recognition device and the boys are waiting down the track.

How about we all keep an old towel in our boot? Never know when you might like to air it out a bit. :)

thats actually not a speed camera/rego checker...a few months back me and a mate drove past one..alil faster then the speed limit and we got abit paranoid..so we went up to the corolla parked near it and it was some asian dude watching over it and we asked him if it was a speed camera n he said its just a camera to see how many people use this road..because there was another one further down the road.

^ so they told you at the time ;)

Fact is, they are a rego checker. They have been on trial here in Victoria for at least 12 months.

They don't even need to alter at the time.

They can simply log the plate, and then you can get a unrego vehicle fine at the time, most of those types of fines are people simply forgetting/omitting to paying rego but driving with the same plates on that the car was previously registered to.

All it takes is an officer to make/model the car against the rego, fine/visit from the police is coming.

^ so they told you at the time ;)

Fact is, they are a rego checker. They have been on trial here in Victoria for at least 12 months.

They don't even need to alter at the time.

They can simply log the plate, and then you can get a unrego vehicle fine at the time, most of those types of fines are people simply forgetting/omitting to paying rego but driving with the same plates on that the car was previously registered to.

All it takes is an officer to make/model the car against the rego, fine/visit from the police is coming.

This is correct. They've been trialling these cameras on Dorset Rd in Croydon for a while now, one of my dads friends was pulled over by the chase car up the road a few months back. By the time you've passed and gone a few hundred meters up the road they know everything about you and whether they need to pull you over for outstanding warrants, no registration, stolen vehicle etc etc.

Edit: The camera was past the servo just up from the Dorset Hotel and the chase car was up near Eastfield Rd. Probably 500 meters max, so they get the info very quickly.

Edited by Priestley

BAM. You're nicked!

How about we all keep an old towel in our boot? Never know when you might like to air it out a bit. :laugh:

The traffic cops in the UK have had the automatic plate recognition cameras (ANPR system) for a while, they constantly scan anf check plates, then alert the cops if you're not up to date with Road Tax (Rego), Insurance or MOT (yearly Roadworthy), all of which are required to legally drive in the UK.

I'm suprise such a device hasn't been put into use over here before, the cameras would pay for themselves in no time.