SAU Community

December Photo Thread

Sl!m

This is my sad little attempt to take a half decent photo and i failed :)

I took a whole bunch out last night just goofing around with my camera

my tripod failed and i dont have a shutter release cord

ps. i dont have photoshop atm...and when i was taking the pics everyone was getting eaten by mosquitoes...so i got hurried up :D

post-62384-1261789314_thumb.jpg

and i managed to photograph a ghost aka my mate blair running around in front of the camera

post-62384-1261789363_thumb.jpg

Edited by Passive

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

snaps with the new 17-85mm lens i got

post-39016-1261789737_thumb.jpg

post-39016-1261790231_thumb.jpg

post-39016-1261789819_thumb.jpg

post-39016-1261789835_thumb.jpg

missed a couple of the noise spots in photoshop in the first one, and saving it to a lower quality jpeg f**ked with it a little

First time ive ever attempted taking and/or editing these types of photos so throw me some tips if you have any :D

Edited by stenve

Nice work Tabby! I took some shots from Kings Park as well, but without a tripod not one turned out good :) In the 2nd one (looks kinda trippy :D) the lights in the shadow looks a better and less over exposed. I had the same issue, the street lights look awesome, but the bigger signs are unable to be read.

This is my sad little attempt to take a half decent photo and i failed :)

I took a whole bunch out last night just goofing around with my camera

my tripod failed and i dont have a shutter release cord

ps. i dont have photoshop atm...and when i was taking the pics everyone was getting eaten by mosquitoes...so i got hurried up :D

post-62384-1261789314_thumb.jpg

and i managed to photograph a ghost aka my mate blair running around in front of the camera

post-62384-1261789363_thumb.jpg

Constructive criticism: there's no real focus point in the photos (which is, admittedly, pretty hard to set at night). That and the camera shake wouldn't have helped. Also, the trees on the bottom-left of the photos take up too much of the shot.

If you do have a tripod but not a cable release, the next best thing to use when you've composed your shot is the self-timer on the camera itself. Put your camera on the tripod, set the timer to 10sec, compose the photo, and then trigger it to shoot. The 10sec margin should give the tripod and camera plenty of time to settle any movement before the actual shot is taken.

Hey thanks for the advice!!! (camera timer)

never thought of that

yeah the photos are crap IMHO :)

but i had my bf, mate and his 'gf' there and they were whining about mosquitoes, so i didnt get much of a chance to screw around

also the crappy tripod wouldnt tilt any higher

i'll try the timer thing next time

Hey thanks for the advice!!! (camera timer)

never thought of that

yeah the photos are crap IMHO :D

but i had my bf, mate and his 'gf' there and they were whining about mosquitoes, so i didnt get much of a chance to screw around

also the crappy tripod wouldnt tilt any higher

i'll try the timer thing next time

Instead of tilting the tripod higher I would probably zoom in a bit instead if you can.

Try cropping the top and bottom of the picture a bit (prob a bit more at the bottom)

thats what i was going to leave mine as but those damn sulpher lights are too bright. so did in-camera conversion and looked heaps better so left it like that!

and i saw it earlier in the night heading nth, so coming back i had to stop off and take it!