SAU Community

Police Cars Around The World

Kujotk

those hummers are only H3's, not much bigger than a pajero lol.... the riot squad Nissan Patrols are the real deal though.... and its not like the Germans and Austrians don't have their equivalent of kangaroos over there, so they use a thing called fences to stop animals from crossing their highways....I know its a new concept for Australia, but a fence would do the job..... and not a dodgey wire fence, wire isn't a fence, its wire lol. why don't we do it here, its not like our government doesn't waste money on other stupid things....?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No doubt there is heaps, but what difference is a hummer supposed to make?

Is it just meant to look scary?

Or were they donated by hummer as a publicity stunt?

I dunno, i think its all out of control, police should be upholding the peace, not enforcing the law...

But if everybody else is driving around in v8s and hummer then they may as well to...

Then who do you expect to enforce the law?

When there is a party with a few hundred/thousand people outside your house smashing shit up are you going to sort it out yourself or will you be thankful when the riot squad turns up with their fully stocked 4x4s?

Bog standard SS or XR motors.

So they dont have interceptor packs anymore..police cars have always had better packages id be surprised if they are different now..even the standard cars get fatter tyres and sports suspension, i reckon there'd be a few engine mods there too.

So they dont have interceptor packs anymore..police cars have always had better packages id be surprised if they are different now..even the standard cars get fatter tyres and sports suspension, i reckon there'd be a few engine mods there too.

About as far as mode went were the old BT9 packs on Holdens. Remove some soundproofing, removed gates from auto transmission, FE2 suspension and SS interior and shithouse steel 15 inch rims.. There never have been engine mods.

About as far as mode went were the old BT9 packs on Holdens. Remove some soundproofing, removed gates from auto transmission, FE2 suspension and SS interior and shithouse steel 15 inch rims.. There never have been engine mods.

BUMMER!!!!!!!

the reason why australia does not have autobahns is because they wernt built in the first place and also australians dont like spending money and to opperate the autobahn and maintane it costs huge amounts of money. they have tolls frequently on them.

although when i was on it i was on a bus and looked out the window to see the police lambo murchilago (sp) drive past. was pretty cool.

the reason why australia does not have autobahns is because they wernt built in the first place and also australians dont like spending money and to opperate the autobahn and maintane it costs huge amounts of money. they have tolls frequently on them.

although when i was on it i was on a bus and looked out the window to see the police lambo murchilago (sp) drive past. was pretty cool.

hahahah omg i think i get what your trying to say but the highlighted part made me laugh lol...

but the government wastes our tax money on heaps of useless things.... an autobahn isn't useless though, seing as our states along the east are so spread apart and the land and money is there why not build a straighter road with more than 2 lanes.... really in this day and age with the technology and the money Australia has, why do we need stupid turns and corners on our interstate freeways? Yes they pay tolls in Europe to maintain their autobahns.... but we pay stupid tolls here in NSW to maintain motorways that are congested, overpriced and dangerous to drive on because they are privately owned and are not maintained properly anyway....

Besides in Europe the tolls are not that expensive anyway, the gf's cousin in austria says they pay about $100 a year for unlimmited use of the autobahns in a year.... thats allot cheaper than even travilling from the west to the city of sydney and back for 2 days....

there have been engine mods and i believe there still is our family friend who is a police offer bought an ex undercover police car and that had a lot more go then factory.

lol he bought an ex cop car...... life expectancy isn't very good after being thrashed its whole life on cold starts and what not

there have been engine mods and i believe there still is our family friend who is a police offer bought an ex undercover police car and that had a lot more go then factory.

Sorry, They are modded then. You get a whole lot of extras.

Drill holes in the dash and floor.

Extra grippy brake discs due to increased friction of heats cracks

Super loose auto transmission for faster shifts.

Custom paint thanks to markings and rook lights.

If you get the delux ones you my even get he high performance RBT tubes and rubber gloves stuff unders your punctured and sneakily plugged spare tyre.

well i based my theory of expensive tolls on some documentry i have seen on the discovery channel haha. maybe they have alot more people using the roads than we do wich offsets the costs?

yeah that first line of mine is a bit silly but you get what i mean. if they did make one they would have to go around towns and shit like that. cant build a assive highway that will go straight through a place like byron or whatever. the locals would not allow it.

UK emergency vehicles

post-27754-1260162030_thumb.jpg

not real, just a concept

post-27754-1260162049_thumb.jpg

post-27754-1260162714_thumb.jpg

post-27754-1260162793_thumb.jpg

We just get commodores with mobile radar and numberplate scanning technology instead.

lol no idea what role the concept car will have lol, it can't even go on a road unless its dead flat lol...... good for doing highway patroll on an airport runway lol.... thats about it.

"hey you in the 747, do you know why I pulled you over? doing 312km/hr in a 60 zone!!!" lol

lol the rexy patrol car.... boy did they die in the ass, i remember the coppers saying they were going to use the wrx to keep up with the street racing/tuner/import croweds and so they couldn't be out run anymore.... lol then a couple months later they were winging about how crap the gear boxes were during a pursuit (stripping 2 gears at a time lol)

The GTO is abit scary on a straight line though

From what i have heard also our main highways are in much better condition than alot of there open limit freeway,

Also about the fences idea, you do realize a grown kangaroo can clear a 6 foot fence pretty easily, and the little ones are pretty good at crawling under them..its alot easier to stop a moose or whatever animals they have in germany

Another thought that came to mind today while i was daydreaming...if there was open limit from say for eg...melbourne to sydney,.. the road is good enough for it...you could get to sydney probably in under 5 hours...now when you factor in the time to get to the airport , park your car, check in your luggage and self, await departure and then repeat the whole process at the other end it takes 4-5 hours ..why would u bother when you could drive there as quick and have more fun in the process...Anyway my point is plane companies could potentially lose out..proabably has no relevance to anything but it was just a thought

We should have autobahns just so we can be cooler than germany, if for no other reason..

While we are at it to beat the nurburg ring, Tasmania should just be a fulltime racetrack

Edited by doozooby