SAU Community

Looking For C34 Stagea Bits

Kierin

G'day

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm looking for some parts for a project I had in mind, they do not have to be in good condition, nor in a working condition. The purpose of these items is just to trial fit an engine in a C34 Stagea to see how or if it will fit. If I have left any parts out that anyone thinks could be handy please let me know. A left over half cut would be near perfect if anyone has one lying around instead of taking it to wrecker.

Looking for the following items:

1) Front half of a C34 Stagea (4WD) shell going as far back as possible but no shorter than the transmission mount, no need for panels - needs to be fairly straight.

2) Cross member from a 4WD model

3) Steering rack

4) The steering shaft between the steering wheel and steering rack

5) Front sump including diff, presumably from an RB25 motor

6) Front Drive shafts - can be twisted, snapped or other

7) Sway bar

I live West of Brisbane, so I can pick up items if they are within a couple of hours from Bris, otherwise a transport company will be needed to get em.

I have tried some importers of halfcuts and wreckers with little success. If anyone knows of any places that might sell or store what I'm looking for, please let me know. I have posted the above in the "Wanted To Buy" section also: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/St...it-t298813.html

Regards

Kierin

If you are wanting to fit a Cima VH4.1 AWD V8 into a stagea I can put you onto some who has nearly finished doing it. Plus he is twin turboing it as well.

If not what engine are you thinking off if you are tring to use the RB sump?

I was hoping no-one would ask... I'm a bit worried I'll be shooting myself in the foot by cutting off any chance for help... but here goes. I have a LS1 which has had a little work done to it, its fitted to the T56 with a decent clutch and sitting in my garage doing nothing (killin me to have it sit there). I have a bloke at work which is quite good with the custom work that is required to complete a job like this and a workshop available every weekend, so might as well make use of it.

The plan is to end up with a twin turbo LS1 6 speed manual AWD wagon. Most may ask why not start with an Adventra? Well, because I'm in love with the look of the R34'd Stageas.

I am interested in the option of using a Nissan V8 because it will already have the diff fitted to the sump which will take a bit of complication out ot the matter. Could be good to catch up with your mate to find out how hard it was for him to decide if I go much further.

At this stage I'm just looking to trial fit it.

Nah, you're not shooting yourself in the foot. More like in the head!

:blink:

But seriously, that sounds like an interesting conversion, and hey it's your car at the end of the day.

Nisswreck in Adelaide might be able to help, but I'm sure someone local with a wrecked car can assist you.

8-cylinders of torque will certainly get a C34 moving!

Might I suggest a GT-R/260RS rear cradle might be wise?

(they have larger axles and an LSD)

theres a place on the goldcoast that had 2 c34 front end last time i checked. The problem is the name escapes me right now.. soo ill have a look around at some receipts and what not and see if i can find the name. Otherwise i still know the address haha.

hmm i cant find the name of the place. Its at arundel on the gold coast. Opposite harbourtown. RB26 stages knows the name of the palce i think, as he is who put me onto them. Goodluck

hmm i cant find the name of the place. Its at arundel on the gold coast. Opposite harbourtown. RB26 stages knows the name of the palce i think, as he is who put me onto them. Goodluck

Cheers guys for the support.

That would be great if you could find the name for that place. I've called Nisswreck and they are yet to get back to me with prices.

Thanks for the heads up on the rear cradle, would be helpful down the track.

Cheers guys for the support.

That would be great if you could find the name for that place. I've called Nisswreck and they are yet to get back to me with prices.

Thanks for the heads up on the rear cradle, would be helpful down the track.

AH, It came to me as i sat down at the computer again haha. http://www.halfcuts.com.au/ thats the website. Hope it helps.

a gtr box wont last 5 min behind a decent powered v8. they dont last long behind a 2.6L with good power so id suggest you look into that more if you want to retain the 4wd and use the gtr gearbox. PPG sells gearsets but they are pretty pricey and still not unbreakable. The best option is a holinger but im sure u know they are very very expensive.

Just a thought as ive always thought about the v8 options myself but the retaining 4wd option is just too hard when factoring in a gearbox to take the punishment. Make it 2wd and its simple and throw some fat rubber under the rear and it will save alot of hassles. The stageas actually get really good traction when in rwd due to alot of weight hanging over and beyond the back wheels. I have ran 450rwhp in 2wd and it wouldnt even spin the tyres on a slow 20kmh roll on in 2nd gear, it just grips and goes, even with a big laggy turbo that hit very very hard.

Oh and stagea rb25 sumps are exactly the same as any gtr sump (just the diff ratios are different but they are interchangable anyway)

thats my 2c worth :blink:

Edited by unique1

AH, It came to me as i sat down at the computer again haha. http://www.halfcuts.com.au/ thats the website. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the contact Stagman, very helpful. They have quoted $500 for everything less sump. Unless someone can beat that or thinks it is a complete rip I will pick it up this arvo or tomorrow. The half cut comes with hubs, brakes, dash, brake booster and steering wheel. Seems fair to me

Unique1 - for the gear box I will be using the Ls1's T56. Firstly it will probably be built 2WD with parts manufactured to allow 4WD down the track, then when some more funds have been collected I'll try and adapt the R32's transfer case to the T56.

Thanks for the contact Stagman, very helpful. They have quoted $500 for everything less sump. Unless someone can beat that or thinks it is a complete rip I will pick it up this arvo or tomorrow. The half cut comes with hubs, brakes, dash, brake booster and steering wheel. Seems fair to me

Unique1 - for the gear box I will be using the Ls1's T56. Firstly it will probably be built 2WD with parts manufactured to allow 4WD down the track, then when some more funds have been collected I'll try and adapt the R32's transfer case to the T56.

Yeah they are normally priced pretty damm good down there. I was having a look at the prices once for a rb26 out of a 33gtr and at 3 grand for the entire halfcut less panels.. its pretty tempting.