SAU Community

Quiz: What Gain Will I Get From My Safc?

Astro Bear

I'm picking up my SAFC 2 on wednesday night and getting it tuned by the trusty boys at Pro-tek on thursday. Currently the car makes around 161kw atw. What do you peeps think i'll get with the addition of the safc 2?

Oh, it's an r33 gts-t with front mount, 3 inch turbo back and 11 psi.

The person who guesses the closest figure will win a prize!

Disclaimer: Prizes will not be dispensed.

You're making only 161kw with fmic/exh/11psi?? Thats awefully low! It should be around 180kw. Mine made 175 with only 9psi.

Yeah, only made 161. At the same time though, I think the dyno at Pro-Tek reads a little lower though... Wouldn't surprise me if it makes a few kw more on other dynos. I shall confirm when I take the car to the RE Dyno night this friday night to see what the go is.

185RWKW
188rwkw :)

Your guesses have been entered into the drawer. Good luck! You will be informed of the outcome most likely on Friday. If you come to the RE Customs Dyno night, you might even see it up on the rollers. Look out for the white s2 33 with the astro boy sticker on the back window!

BTW, Do you guys really think a gain of 25+ kw atw is achievable? or are you just teasing? lol Because I think i'm only gonna get 170-170 max?

I've got a better game... lets guess how high the dyno figure will be inflated!

Because unless you are hitting R&R with 11psi now (sounds like you are not)... then there will be no 20-30rwkw gain, i'm going to have a nice chuckle if there is though.

The driveability & midrange will be better, economy will be better - those are the key things.

Top end though... not as big of a gain.

Before - dyno run. Tune. After - dyno run. That is where you will see the midrange improvements which will make the car feel a lot nicer.

I've got a better game... lets guess how high the dyno figure will be inflated!

Because unless you are hitting R&R with 11psi now (sounds like you are not)... then there will be no 20-30rwkw gain, i'm going to have a nice chuckle if there is though.

The driveability & midrange will be better, economy will be better - those are the key things.

Top end though... not as big of a gain.

Before - dyno run. Tune. After - dyno run. That is where you will see the midrange improvements which will make the car feel a lot nicer.

I was going to say something similar.

I had my R33 tuned with an SAFC2. 3' turbo back, FMIC etc.

It peaked with 1rkwk more than before, but 4-500rpm lower, but the mid range increase was fantastic.

Economy was improved a far amount too.

Just remember, peak power doesnt mean alot as dynos vary too much. It just depends on how well it drives for a "170rwkw" or a "200rwkw" Skyline. ;)

Post up some before/after plots though. Would be nice to compare.

You will be hitting around 190kw with those mods with timing a little advanced.

I have a Tomei adjustable exhaust cam gear too, so perhaps that will help a little, as I don't think it has been 'dialed in' at this stage to suit the mods etc.

not really important what it makes

what is important is the gain you achieve compared to your previous run on the same dyno

so if its on the same dyno then its useful to check against what you made last time

but if its a on different dyno the results arent that statistical for a accurate comparison

but yeah should be around 180 to 190rwkw

the afr's will probably lean out with stock pump tho

why waste time + money on an SAFC?? get a proper stand alone ecu, not that shit signal bender crap... by the time you've paid for the SAFC + dyno time you'd have been better off spending some more money and getting a R32 ECU w/Nistune + a Buddy Club VTC Controller.... cheap cheap cheap power....

why waste time + money on an SAFC?? get a proper stand alone ecu, not that shit signal bender crap... by the time you've paid for the SAFC + dyno time you'd have been better off spending some more money and getting a R32 ECU w/Nistune + a Buddy Club VTC Controller.... cheap cheap cheap power....

I get sick of hearing that. Clearly an aftermarket standalone is better. But for a quick tidy up a piggy back is ideal.

SAFC2, picked mine up for $250, and an hours dyno hire @ $100.

Give me a standalone, tuned for $350 and ill take it all back.

Any respectable tuner should be able to fully dyno tune a SAFC in under an hour. They are very basic.

Dont forget not everyone has alot of money to spend on a standalone, that costs alot more outright, not to mention the tune costing near as much as the ecu itself. That and also not everyone intends on going the whole hog and actually require anything more.

Personally, i dont think $2000+ for bit of midrange is what id call bang for buck.

Edited by gotRICE?

I get sick of hearing that. Clearly an aftermarket standalone is better. But for a quick tidy up a piggy back is ideal.

SAFC2, picked mine up for $250, and an hours dyno hire @ $100.

Give me a standalone, tuned for $350 and ill take it all back.

Any respectable tuner should be able to fully dyno tune a SAFC in under an hour. They are very basic.

Dont forget not everyone has alot of money to spend on a standalone, that costs alot more outright, not to mention the tune costing near as much as the ecu itself. That and also not everyone intends on going the whole hog and actually require anything more.

Personally, i dont think $2000+ for bit of midrange is what id call bang for buck.

Couldn't have said it better myself gotRICE.