SAU Community

What To Buy

ARTZ

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 for the n15 SSS. have one and love it. also a much nicer car to drive than a lancer. better ride, better handling, more go. out of the smaller cars i have driven 2 pulsars (one SSS, one base model), a lancer and a corolla. pulsar was the best provided it was the SSS. corolla was second best. lancer was last. for everyday use i don't think i could put up with a lancer, driving it for a few mins was bad enough. i actually preffered driving my mother in law's n13 pulsar to it and the lancer was much newer. corolla is ok but the seats aren't that good and the body roll gets to you a bit. the pulsar has a slightly firmer ride (but not rough), plenty or torque as well as plenty of go.

Am I the only one who read that this guy just got off his Ps and doesn't require a P plate friendly car?

R33 GTS-T ftw. Common as cats but you can personalise that and the engine + gearbox are very strong/reliable for what they do. Should be able to get a Series 2 right on the 10k mark.

Am I the only one who read that this guy just got off his Ps and doesn't require a P plate friendly car?

R33 GTS-T ftw. Common as cats but you can personalise that and the engine + gearbox are very strong/reliable for what they do. Should be able to get a Series 2 right on the 10k mark.

pffft sif read topics before posting in them

in that case change my response to n15 SSS with turbo conversion

and add r33 gts-t to the list as well as s13

Hi to all.

New for the site. I do not find suitable forum. Sorry for that.

Thanks to the moderator for allowing me to be here and happy Christmas in advance.

It is good to be here. I am fond of GM and Opel cars.

hmmm, possible future spammer?

Yeah hes off his Ps, but insurance prices can still hold him back

how about a bmw 318i manual.... import wise a non turbo toyota aristo gets my vote... otherwise like ppl have been suggesting magnas camry's all in price bracket and newer.....but they are BORING rides.

318i are pretty gutless, im not a fan really , but they do look hot and i found some 325 coupes for the price...but no interest

+1 for the n15 SSS. have one and love it. also a much nicer car to drive than a lancer. better ride, better handling, more go. out of the smaller cars i have driven 2 pulsars (one SSS, one base model), a lancer and a corolla. pulsar was the best provided it was the SSS. corolla was second best. lancer was last. for everyday use i don't think i could put up with a lancer, driving it for a few mins was bad enough. i actually preffered driving my mother in law's n13 pulsar to it and the lancer was much newer. corolla is ok but the seats aren't that good and the body roll gets to you a bit. the pulsar has a slightly firmer ride (but not rough), plenty or torque as well as plenty of go.

Yeah ive been trying to push sss pulsars on him they are great cars, but he laughs everytime i mention pulsar which makes me think he deserves a lancer... :D

And in a moment of weakness i offered him my R33, It has new paint, enkei rims with brand new tyres, bilsteins and 190rwkw and only 130kms..said hed think about it so i withdrew my offer..If you have to think about it :(

I think alot of it boils down to looks, these kids seem to think cars are built to look at, but cars are like women.

It doesnt matter how good she looks if shes no good to drive

Edited by doozooby

Dats one ugly honda dude....ill pass it on cheers :(

Yeah ive seen better looking turds

All the other cars are considered to old, believe me ive tried and will keep trying

The Alfa is 2001!??

Given your bro drives a hyudai excel and is selecting his next car based on age then I would not bother trying anymore if I were you. He sounds like one of many people that dont know shit about cars and never will.

This sack of shit is a 2008... he will love it!

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/priva...;PriceMax=10000

Job done.

sorry mate, he's after a car not a BOAT!

but anyway, there is nothing cool about driving an old busted ass BMW, not one little bit. Unless it's a late model M Series, BMW's for the dick.

This is the same guy who laughed at a Pulsar and wants a Lancer right?

Yeah ive seen better looking turds

The Alfa is 2001!??

Given your bro drives a hyudai excel and is selecting his next car based on age then I would not bother trying anymore if I were you. He sounds like one of many people that dont know shit about cars and never will.

This sack of shit is a 2008... he will love it!

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/priva...;PriceMax=10000

Job done.

Yeah the alfa was interesting...however i get the feeling it could be expensive to service and/or repair....ill pass it on though..

He was reaL interested in getting a datsun 260z there for a while,,but with no mech knowledge it was a potential moneypit.

It would be good as a hobby car but he wanted it for a daily, which i didnt think was a good idea...

its either gotta be new or really old... :D ... a sporty 90s nissan would be perfect middle ground youd think ...but apparently it doesnt work that way...

Only reason i care is because he askes my opinion, and he was showing me some horrid cars that are usually owned by girls...im actually trying to convince him to keep the hyundai, and save his cash...

Oh and im not a fan of soarers either f*kn horrible looking things...trust you eps :rofl: have found some nice supras though

Why post 2000? He paranoid about mechanical issues? IMO there are a lot of older cars (especially the Japanese brands) that still look very modern.

Edit: For 10k I'd be looking at an R34 Auto Sedan.

^^^^^^

R34 vs VT/VX, I know where my money would be going, and it aint an aussie built heap.

There is an R31 GTS with a t3 and supporting hardware, forgies etc for $12500. Seeing as he has just got his licence he would probably kill himself, but it sort of sounds as if you dont really like him anyway so try and talk him into it.

But really, there is one for sale, looks nice too.