SAU Community

R34 Gtt - Wandering Steering And Disconnected Feel....

Hi GUys

I have used the Front CUSCO Caster for almost 4 years, for almost a year i notice the steering precision has lost, felt like something is loose now and there is always slight twitch when braking (like a counter steer effect). Looking at the caster arms which is already pillow ball, would there be any chance of it giving way? Really trying to solve the wandering feeling...need advice.

New coilover set, rebuilt steering rack + new power steering pump, Nismo bushes all round + CUSCO Camber kit all done within the past 1 year period.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Could also be tie rod ends? I've noticed the same feeling you're describing, and my tie rods have a bit of play in them. I'm putting the problem down to them. I'm yet to replace them, but when I do, I'll let you know how it feels.

-Brent.

• 1 month later...

I finally fixed the problem, this was the last resort before i had to rebuilt the steering rack (again) as i recently also changed the tension rod & end to pillow ball. The main culprit is the bearings (2 different type of bearing) at the knuckle which Nissan doesn't list them even on FAST software. You are required to changed the whole knuckle. The car now tracks smoothly and the whole front is feeling tight like a new car. If you hv the same problem like me, most people will overlook this important area. I posted pics of the bearing changed to sealed version instead of original which isn't sealed. There is another bigger bearing (not shown) when removed everything just fall apart, now i got a sealed one too. Hope this help...

post-11004-1267361232_thumb.jpg

post-11004-1267361317_thumb.jpg

post-11004-1267361389_thumb.jpg

post-11004-1267361429_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...