SAU Community

33 Gtst Builds

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you decide what turbo to replace the T300 with?

Myself and BHDave have both run T300's before and probably could have helped you out with specs, bit late now though! I'm actually selling mine at the moment, but it's a kit for an SR20 so not much help either. Was a good turbo though, especially for it's age. Has made 285rwkw's on my SR with more in it.

I got MTQ to do some homework for me, they found that a GTBB3071R has very similar sizes as you can see below. Space is an issue for my setup. The 3071 front cover is on a TO4E platform which has a pretty big Dia. Too big in fact to fit. My old T300 cover is on a smaller Dia TO4B platform and can be modified to fit the 3071. The other bonus is that the 3071 cover has only a 0.5 A/R and the T300 has a 0.6 A/R.

This is how they both started /ended life as Mr Garrett intended;

GTBB3071R, 53.1mm comp wheel,0.5 A/R, TO4E, 56.5, T86 turbine, 0.64A/R, 4 bolt ext gated.

T300, 52.3mm comp wheel,0.6 A/R, TO4B, 55.2, T78 turbine, 0.64A/R, 4 bolt ext gated.

I will end up with a modified version, some thing very much like this? i think

GTBB3071R, 53.1mm comp wheel,0.6 A/R, TO4B, 56.5, T86 turbine, 0.64A/R, 4 bolt ext gated.

Noddy,

I am currently using the GTBB3071R and have done for a few years now. With the 0.64 turbine hsg it runs out of breath from about 6200 rpm. I have been thinking about getting the 0.64 slightly modified instead of going all the way to the 0.83 hsg but i don't know. Will you still be running the std log style manifold?

With this turbo it has great bottom end and pick up but i really miss the top end rush of some other setups.

6200???? hope not. I was hoping with a slightly bigger tail it will help the top end a little. The T300 fell off at about 7100 on it's HKS cast manifold. I've had the crack repaired and faced up. Give it about 2 weeks and we should have it on the dyno.

Well maybe it does not completely fall off but the boost drops slightly and it does not feel as good at 6K and up compared 4-5K. It is still nice to drive maybe i am just more used to it now. Anyways you will love it i have attached the dyno sheet for ya. It is a std engine with HKS 256 264 cams.

I look fwd to getting the two cars out on the track mate.

post-14375-1265424619_thumb.jpg

0.78 twin scroll sounds a treat, that might help the old girl breath up top but not sacrifice too much down low. Who did you purchase that turbine hsg through Dane?

Sorry to Hi Jack ya thread Noddy.

0.78 twin scroll sounds a treat, that might help the old girl breath up top but not sacrifice too much down low. Who did you purchase that turbine hsg through Dane?

Sorry to Hi Jack ya thread Noddy.

I bought the turbo and housing off of a member on the forums. He's decided to go for a 3076 52 trim twin scroll unit and offered me his 71R and housing so I snapped it up. I was going to go for a BW Airwerks unit prior to this, but the Garrett is a proven unit in this application so I'm really looking forward to getting it on :D

Best place to get the housing would be ATP turbo in the US or GCG here if you were after one though. Don;t forget the manifold to go with it though!

Stuart: Was it much more $$$ to get the modification done to your 71R over the price fo a standard one?

Have been busy this evening, remaking a turbo manifold for the boss/minister for war and finance's race car. She has ditched her very cool twin turbo setup for a single, gtbb2830.

old set up on a dummy motor about 5 years ago. Has been a good thing but a pain to work on. FYI R32GTR hats on Garrett gt28 cartridges, 3SGTE. They would probably be a good upgrade for a GTR, might want a birthday first though.

allonf.jpg

I have re used the old manifold and cut it up to re model it. This has to have about the shortest runners possible. Hope it wotks ok. I still need to finish it off properly as you can probable tell, just needed to see if it was going to fit ok.

hailey017.jpg

hailey024.jpg

Edited by Noddy

• 2 weeks later...

hey it's the noddy-mobile build thread! I have missed a lot of good stuff in this section.

i thought the old noddy-mobile went pretty good, it wasn't far off my 4wd cheater gtr at that Oran Park day last year.

If you are going to go faster I am in trouble for morgan park next year

Yeh dunc, I knew things were not looking too good when it was down about 70-80 rwhp on Johns dyno the day before Oran. When we got back there was 2 or 3 more events and the turbo got more whistley so it was def time to give it all a realy good look over. And look wher it has ended up.... in a road car.