SAU Community

R30 Lower Control Arm Lengths

Guys,

Just wondering if someone has a pair of these hanging around to measure up?

Im in need of a mounting bush to ball joint length.

I dont have any on hand, and local wreckers have none in their yards :D

Also some pics of how the castor/ radius rod mounts to them would be awesome,

from memory r30 is longer than r31 but didnt measure years ago when I looked at them both.

Cheers, :)

Alright guys im running a new group buy for r31 rose jointed adjustable caster rods.

These quality arms are built by Cazman industries in south australia.

http://www.cazmanindustries.com

Cazman industries is a small company in south australia which was started to fill a void in the market. They are currently making adjustable arms and products for many of the drift cars in south australia including the CTS car. They aim to sell the highest quality products with minimal markup to help the drifting community.

I have been speaking Dave from cazman industries over the last few weeks and he has realised there is a massive hole in the market for r31 skyline adjustable aftermaket parts and has agreed to run some group buys to help the members of this club out.

These arms are rebuild-able item with all spare parts being available to you as a spares service.

They have been built to both strong and of the best quality that your money can buy.

We offer a 6-month unlimited kilometer warranty on the rod ends

We offer a 1-year warranty on all turnbuckles

We offer a 2-year warranty on all fasteners.

Quick specs

Common US Made 3/4" Chromolly Rod End

Chromolly Caster Rod Zinc coated for protection

10.9 zink coated Cap Bolts into the control arm

Stainless misalignment spacers for less Rust and a stronger part

Zinc Coated Steel Turnbuckle

The Rod ends are a common 3/4" size and can be replaced with any 3/4" rod end, you can buy these from CBC, VPW etc. The other alternative is to bulk buy out of the USA like we do. This ensure that you get a US built quality rod end for a decent price.

We use a US made rod end, its nylon impregnated, not teflon, as teflon breaks into chunks (pounds out) The main advantage of our gear is the rod ends are a common size, most being 5/8 or 3/4, so you can literally

shop anywhere in your state and buy replacements.

The Rod ends are 4130 Chromolly with a stainless bearing. These rod end iteself 1 piece billet item, not

a pressed in COM bearing like our Chinese Competitors. By doing this the COM bearing loses its tight teflon liner tolerances and has increased stiction and wear.

We use dust boots on all our 5/8 products too. The 3/4 caster rods we cant logistically use, or it would add $25 to them. If there is enough interest we would order the dust boots in from the UK.

The Caster Rod is a chromolly item to ensure no breakages occur.

10.9 Cap bolts are used to secure it to the lower control arm. These are stronger than 8.8 and are easily replaced. You will require a 10mm Allen key to install your new arms.

The nut features a nyloc thread to ensure they don't come undone on you.

The misalignment spacers are made from Stainless also, so that there is no chance of braking, or rust transferring onto the rod end. This ensures your rod end stays in working order for longer periods.

The turn Buckle is a Zinc coated steel item with 3/4" Threads. these are made in steel as opposed to chromolly as these are designed to bend rather than break in the unfortunate event of a collision. The turnbuckle must always be a fraction weaker than the caster rod. The cross section of the hex turn buckle is still great enough to offer superior strength.

The above two pictures are showing the cazman industries s13 arms just to give an example of what your r31 arms will look like.

The r31 arms have 5 more components that the s13 arms dont have including the U bracket and the stainless spacers to go into the chassis etc etc.

PRICES

Introductry price is $320.00

10 or more people is $300.00

postage is $20 to anywhere in australia.

If there is enough of a market we hope these arms may become a stocked item readily avalable for r31 enthusiests to buy, this also may include various other aftermarket products that we are looking at building for aus and import r31's

A minimum deposit of $30 is required. Once we have 10 people on the list the order for all the parts will be sent off and it will be approximatley 3-4 weeks for the arms to be completed.

The list of people who are interested is here once it fills up to 10 people i can put my account details up, this thread will be moved into the active group buys section and i will start taking deposits.

Interested List

1.Ad's DEPOSIT PAID

2.Kitto DEPOSIT PAID

3.Boostin 31 DEPOSIT PAID

4.Bridgy DEPOSIT PAID

5.Ignition Street Dreamz 31 DEPOSIT PAID

6.TheOriginalArachdog DEPOSIT PAID

7.Mainyard DEPOSIT PAID

8.VL Eater DEPOSIT PAID

9.RobM-Z DEPOSIT PAID

10.Drift Gts DEPOSIT PAID

11.Floody DEPOSIT PAID

12.XR-PILOT DEPOSIT PAID

13.SIR_031 DEPOSIT PAID

14.project r31 DEPOSIT PAID

15.G DEPOSIT PAID

BANK DETAILS

Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Acc Name: Edward James Painter

Acc Number:10189405

BSB: 065148

Alright guys i have reduced the first group buy number to 15

You can start making your minimum $30 deposits as of now.

Please leave your username as a reference so i can keep track your money,

And also send me an sms on 0430327597 once your deposit has been paid

with your name and your username and the time and date deposit was made

The $30 deposit will be deducted from the final amount payable

if you would like to combine shipping to save costs please let

me know when you make full payment.

could of just started a new topic?

Im asking more of fitting "datsun style" steering and susp components in my s13..

Easier and cheaper to get your stock castor rods milled down and the thread extended for more castor, shorten the crush tube while your there, $30 castor upgrade :down:

Edited by works 510

excellent!

Ever run r30 lca's with s13 castor rods? thats what im looking to do.

I hoping the swaybar link hole and castor ro mounts are in the same position, if not, its re-drilling time

Dont know if it helps but I am running complete S13 front end (cross member, arms, knuckles) and am still running standard R30 sway bar and shortened standard caster rods (mounts point have not been touched) it all lines up sweet

Edited by DR JOSH

Indeed it does,cheers DRJOSH, if the stock r30 swaybar is used, means I dont have to redrill the lca's for s13 swaybar with r30 lca's.

Im actually doing the reverse, s13 running hr31 struts etc, why?, coz I like to modify and have all the parts here.

Easier to just buy some s13 coilovers, but that costs money :)

Dont know if it helps but I am running complete S13 front end (cross member, arms, knuckles) and am still running standard R30 sway bar and shortened standard caster rods (mounts point have not been touched) it all lines up sweet

bit of trak, but does that mean u runnin a s13 rack 2 ?

yup, S13 rack, Bluebird steering column , Z31 linkages, custom engine mounts, a bit of stuffing around but it's all pretty straight forward. Would be a lot easier to do in a bluebird since they all ready have a rack.

mmm, interesting, ne bump steer ?

Easier and cheaper to get your stock castor rods milled down and the thread extended for more castor, shorten the crush tube while your there, $30 castor upgrade :(

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cheaper and a bit stupid for my money. Lessen the od and you loose it's strength because ANY heat will be detrimental to it's tensile load capabilities. Might only be $30 for the machining, but how much for the new heat treatment to return it to something resembling original????

Wouldn't it be easier & better in the long term to buy the SWR 5/8 (16mm) alternative for $195 set including new poly bushes and crush tubes.

Cheers, D