Sl!m

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like you guys had a great day.

I stayed at a friends place up the road the night before and drove past the Showground on the way home. Only as I went past did I realise this was on. Would have stopped in, but I was too bloody hung over.

Great turn out for everyone, I think the organisers did a fantastic job. It was really good to see alot of workshops who supported the event.

I was a little dissapointed to see all the 32GTR's down the back considering it was the 20th anniversary of the GTR.

As for the Idiots who seem to think they are "fully sick" i'm sure they were reported to the police and no one thinks big of you.

Fantastic turnout of some great cars!

Congrats to TIMMAH for the wiener of the best Volvo.

How the hell did an Audi get best exterior???!?!?!?!

Thanks to all the volunteers for the day you did such a great job.

xoxo

DIF

Big Thanks to all the people who helped make this event happen, was a great day

And to win best R32 GTR for the 20th anniversary was a bonus, have put alot of work into the car now have somthing to show for it.

I had a top day ... a great venue being in the shade with open sides ... a big thankyou to Terry Ashwood & team for trailering the R32 GT-R Windfield Race Car all the way down from Queensland - thats a huge effort & very generous gesture indeed ... :) ...

Really nice for me to see that the "BLING" era is almost over with so many cars being prepped with "drivability - reliability - performance" in mind rather then "head unit - widescreen - mp3" ... :) ...

Loved the RC cars ... the KPGC10 actually had Watanabe wheels - siiiiiick !! ... :) ...

Highlights of the day: Windfield car - R33 GT-R LM Limited - Raspberry Slushie - meeting Johnny aka GTR-32U - getting a trophy - wow!

Disappointment of the day: Witness 2 entrants wilfully abandon criteria under which their New South Wales Drivers Licences & Comprehensive Insurance Policies remain validated

by engaging their vehicles in an inappropriate manner in an uncontrolled environment.

"A member of my family was killed when she was only 10 years old by a MORON showing off to his mates in a public carpark" - youre both idiots !!

A big thankyou to the principal organisers of the Show & Shine & to everyone who participated & showed up ... :) ...

post-9783-1260742691_thumb.jpgpost-9783-1260742755_thumb.jpg

Edited by malcolm

How the hell did an Audi get best exterior???!?!?!?!

Ask the judges mate! I know personally the club president chose my car, and from what i remember, that award was open to any car that was at the show...

And when u have a 10 grand respray and done by one of Sydney best custom workshops, you would expect it to be up there!!

I honestly didnt expect to get it, i was thinking that either 4SHOWZ or the 9Z WRX would have gotten it over me!!

good job by everyone.. was a good day. great to meet new faces and catch up with old ones.. i had high expectations as the last sau show n shine i went to was the one at the central coast in 2005... it was awesome.. its a shame that car shows are like weddings.. there is always one... or 5 idiots that are all you remember from the day.

i wasnt a fan of the awards... being that it was an skyline show.. i think the rx7 was well deserved for best NON skyline.. all the other awards shouldve gone to skylines..

i think best interior shouldve gone to either the winfield car or one of the drift school cars though. Lack of FTW!

Thanks so much for the pics Ravi!

I only took vids

We only set out to do a decent 2XCar display for the day - and we hoped that it suited picture taking.

Lucky we occupied a spot opposite Godzilla.

PS. Went to night-church later on, and fell asleep lol

PPS If anyone wants a decent half hour dvd of the event, PM me eh? I tried to not leave out any cars - any Nissan cars!

terry... my pic of you catching some z's came out all blurry... lucky for you... it was going up as my avatar. haha :)

sad to see your sign fall over... glad it didnt hit one of your cars though.

terry... my pic of you catching some z's came out all blurry... lucky for you... it was going up as my avatar. haha :)

...prefer your current Av Linton. you won't catch me in a hat like that lol.

Bakes' car must have come close to the top. 'Twasn't a day for black cars on the day - even pearl black.

Big Thanks to all the people who helped make this event happen, was a great day

And to win best R32 GTR for the 20th anniversary was a bonus, have put alot of work into the car now have somthing to show for it.

The other highlight that deserves its own post is the winner of "BEST R32 GT-R - 20TH ANNIVERSARY 1989 - 2009"

A well deserved 1st place in no uncertain terms.

A lot of projects of the magnitude that you've undertaken can easily suffer from the build taking on a life of its own with well thought out plans somehow shooting off in all manner of directions which will create all sorts of headaches as the continuity of the overall "aesthetic" if not continually addressed and brought back into line will suffer and hence so will the ultimate product. The ability to recognise that this is happening is fairly straightforward - the ability to address it "correctly" as its happening and to "bridge" it each time it happens adopting a "linear" mind set is not. You have clearly "addressed correctly" every component of the build of the project because it all works and looks right. So much so sometimes that the untrained eye will not appreciate all the work because the finished project looks so good and works so well that a sense of "no effort" often is mistakenly adopted. As i myself know only too well it can take dozens of hours to get a particular part or pairing of parts to look like hardly any time at all was spent. You mentioned above that you "have put a lot of work into the car." That is the understatement of the century !! - along with that work you put in you put in "ability, talent & reason" which are the attributes required to adopt and stay true to that ever important linear mind set. Not everyone can do that or should i say not everyone can do that to the level that you have expressed.

Its a talent that youve been fortunate enough to be able to recognise, adopt, use & refine that benefits us all !! - something to be very very proud of indeed !

CONGRATULATIONS on an inspired build - it is 1st class in every category - truly remarkable - & as far as having something to show for it its not the trophy on your mantle piece the trophy is parked in your garage :)

Cheers Malcolm :)