SAU Community

Show And Shine Wrap Up Thread

Sl!m

actually i think there is more than one that feels this way... not to take anything away from your audi... clearly you've spent alot on the exterior and you dig it, and you think its fantastic, and thats great, and its great that duncan picked yours as best exterior.. had it been autosalon i would have no quarms what-so-ever.. i personally didnt take any notice of it... my vote for best exterior wouldve gone to the Drift School S14, with the stitches and the kind of grubbiness that comes with a hard core car. thats what floats my boat and thats just how the world works, everyone is different.

given that the original call out was that the guys wanted all types of skylines to enter as it wasnt a "show and shine" persay.. they didnt just want show quality cars they wanted all sorts of skylines from all walks of life.. i expected the best exterior award to go to a clean original skyline.. like kev's hakosuka.

had the shoe been on the other foot, and one skyline turned up at an audi club show and took out best exterior.. i think the response would be the same.

cheers

Linton

Linton ... i love you ... (but not in that way) ... this topic isnt rocket science ... you are spot on ... thanks for backing it up with a common sense post ... cheers malcolm :banana:

Edited by malcolm

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Linton ... i love you ... (but not in that way) ... this topic isnt rocket science ... you are spot on ... thanks for backing it up with a common sense post ... cheers malcolm :)

awww shucks :P

:banana:

Well a big congrats to all who helped with this event. Was wonderful to see so many new faces and some old ones too.

Also I would like to thank Terry for Bringing his R32 GTR all the way from Queensland,

The cars looked great and was nice to see other cars who wanted to apart of the event.

Also Ian aka Xmetal thankyu for taking so many pictures you are 1 in a million. cant wait to see some of those special shots which will be sent of to Performance Imports magazine. I have almost finished the words and is sounding good.

Anyway again big congrats and a special note I really anjoyed the undercover area great for the body , and cars and photos.

I say lets have a even bigger one next time

^^^ I'm very happy Andrew that you enjoyed the day & didn't melt in the heat/humidity.

You & Ian seemed to be really having a great time.

I'll look forward to viewing XMetal Photography in Performance Imports Mag. :P

^^^ Really lovely pics "Babalouie"

Great contributions by all eh?

Awards...

Guys, perhaps next time we as a club hold a show and shine, please volunteer to be on the comittee and have your say on how the club runs it - not many people wanted to put their hand up.

the awards were done, congrats to the winners. I agree with duncan, next time we wont have awards.

there's always one!!!

To put it simply, i found out after the show the Club President chose my car for Best Exterior...so therefore you have a problem with it, take it up with him!

Hi :down: ... I dont have a problem with it at all ... & if you knew me you would know that i strongly work on principles based upon fairness ... you have completely misunderstood the post ... i am suggesting that because the same point is raised at every SnS regarding this we find a solution to stop the same point needing to be raised again ... as its a Skylines Show n Shine very simply have Skylines judged against other Skylines & non Skylines judged against other non Skylines ... thats not an unreasonable adjustment to make ... your car is amazing im not discounting that it is worthy of recognition & by changing the title of BEST SKYLINE EXTERIOR to BEST NON SKYLINE EXTERIOR would not have changed the result of your winning your trophy because you won the best exterior out of all of them anyway ... what this proposed solution is aiming to achieve is alleviate the need for anyone anytime to have a reasonable need to say anything about this again ... :down: ...

Put it this way ... youre at the Annual Audi Show n Shine with all your mates who have an obvious passion for Audis ... youve all worked hard at presenting your cars to look their best ... every one is very supportive of each other and deep down doesnt really care who wins what because there this "common bond" you share that is the passion built round the same thing - Audis ... then BEST EXTERIOR goes to an Enzo Ferrari & BEST IN SHOW a Porshe GT3 ... let the Ferrari take home BEST NON AUDI EXTERIOR & an Audi

BEST AUDI EXTERIOR ...

If this isnt a reasonable solution based upon fairness & equality to an ongoing question that will alleviate the need for anyone to have to ask the same question again then can someone please come up with another one ... :down: ...

To say "theres always one" is unnecesary in this instance as i am not participating or promoting "immoral or negative" behaviour in searching for a positive outcome.

.... :down: ...

Hi...:P

I can clearly see your point of view in relation to the matter. Perhaps the commitee running the show should have changed those trophies (ie Best Exterior, Interior, Engine Bay, Engineering etc) to a skyline class then had a couple of awards for the non-skylines there. The commitee had opened it up to "NON" skylines to enter the show as well. I believe when you fill in the entry form, u have the option in ticking what class you want to compete in, hence why i ticked both the Non-Skyline and Exterior classes. My interior isnt done (yet), and i know my paint work is up there with some of the best (considering its just come straight out of the paint booth like that and hasnt been cut/buffed yet!!!!)

I did go to an "annual" show n shine for the Audi (aka VW Nationals) which is held at the same showground. They gave the best late model audi trophy to a standard RS3 over my car (mind u, my car was simply HOK Jet Black back then with different wheels!). I was annoyed, but i didnt have a cry about it, cause at the end of the day, its not worth it. I was like...ok...weird, but thats life!

Just a thought to those who ran this show, perhaps next one you do, make it clear on the trophies as to if its a non-skyline/skyline class if your going to open it up to other vehicles. I loved the show, it was a good day out, it was good seeing the amount of modifications you can do with a skyline, and ive always loved them (mainly the R34 GTRS).

If you dont want non-skylines winning trophies, dont invite them....its that simple!!

Awesome show, and was really happy to help out and be a part of it.

Some of the cars there were amazing!

re awards - I think teh Audi was a deserved winner. Stunning car mate!

It's weird seeing people say the awards should have gone to Skyline's when on other forums we are being praised for the fact that we included everyone. To the point where many people have said they will enter next time, and are dissapointed they didn't come along this time.

Awards...

Guys, perhaps next time we as a club hold a show and shine, please volunteer to be on the comittee and have your say on how the club runs it - not many people wanted to put their hand up.

the awards were done, congrats to the winners. I agree with duncan, next time we wont have awards.

sorry, i didnt know we could be on the comittee, i would have put my hand up for sure.. im great at shooting my mouth off, really i am... just ask me.

Can we have another one next year? hopefully i wont be on crutches then, nearly killed me dragging my arse around.

Hahaha, like Chubbs (evil_weevil) has said, we need a LOT more volunteers to run this show on an annual basis! The work that went into this show is almost beyond belief, and even the smallest things you could think of that are usually a non-issue at other SAU events became obstacles for this show. (Example: due to Fairfield Council's compliance with the NSW Food Safety regulations, we had to find a suitable food provider to cater the event instead of just running our usual BBQ and drinks. We'd considered getting a few of the vans that usually work at the Fairfield Markets on Saturdays, but most of them run the same vans at other markets on Sundays, and so seeing as they're pretty much guaranteed to have a lot of sales from a regular group of punters and other stall-holders, they would rather stick to their routine instead of risk a big financial loss for a one-off event like ours.)

In regards to the Audi winning best Exterior, I can see both Malcolm's and Kevin's sides to the argument. This was a Skyline show, granted, but we did leave it open to other cars to enter, so it was (and may well continue to be, unless the "rules" are changed in the future) an issue if another car wins. But of the very few cars I did look at during the day, I was stunned at the detail in the paintwork on Kevin's A4. Of course, if you didn't get up close to the car, you wouldn't notice it, and it was only after I was alerted to do that that I realised the work that must have gone into it! Perhaps if it was parked more in the sun or was under fluorescent lights would the effect have been more apparent.

Speaking of my not having spent much time looking around at the cars, I have to say I completely forgot to go and check out a few cars that I'd intended to see during the day, and especially to meet the owners.

When/if the next one is I'm happy to help out with anything. Volunteered for this one but my surgeon decided I needed some screws in my knee 2 weeks before the event.

Just want to say thank you again to all involved in making the day what it was.

Hi...:P

I can clearly see your point of view in relation to the matter. Perhaps the commitee running the show should have changed those trophies (ie Best Exterior, Interior, Engine Bay, Engineering etc) to a skyline class then had a couple of awards for the non-skylines there. The commitee had opened it up to "NON" skylines to enter the show as well. I believe when you fill in the entry form, u have the option in ticking what class you want to compete in, hence why i ticked both the Non-Skyline and Exterior classes. My interior isnt done (yet), and i know my paint work is up there with some of the best (considering its just come straight out of the paint booth like that and hasnt been cut/buffed yet!!!!)

I did go to an "annual" show n shine for the Audi (aka VW Nationals) which is held at the same showground. They gave the best late model audi trophy to a standard RS3 over my car (mind u, my car was simply HOK Jet Black back then with different wheels!). I was annoyed, but i didnt have a cry about it, cause at the end of the day, its not worth it. I was like...ok...weird, but thats life!

Just a thought to those who ran this show, perhaps next one you do, make it clear on the trophies as to if its a non-skyline/skyline class if your going to open it up to other vehicles. I loved the show, it was a good day out, it was good seeing the amount of modifications you can do with a skyline, and ive always loved them (mainly the R34 GTRS).

If you dont want non-skylines winning trophies, dont invite them....its that simple!!

hi i agree with you 100% ... of course the trophy awarded to the Audi was won fair & square under the categories offered ... what i am suggesting is that NEXT time there be a separate category for non skylines ... from what i can gather people would just prefer that their cars when judged are being compared to vehicles of the same make & model ...

... i do want non Skylines winning trophies ... in non Skyline categories ... :down: ...

Guys had a blast..

was a great day and was very impressed with the quality of cars and the behaviour of all whom attended ( cept for the nuff nuffs in the car park doing fully sicks) its good to know that there are so many 'sensible enthusiasts' out there giving us a good name. we all know what the general public think :)

Thanks to all whom met at the twin caltex in the morning was great to cruize down with you all. very friendly bunch. many a new friend made on the day.

Thanks all involved in the running / organising you guys done a sterling job.

If we run another count me in as an entrant and a volunteer.

Cheers all,

Corey

P.s Yoyo, I want your car!!!

heh, I said before you don't want my particular one, the poor thing has been through a lot under my ownership, my gutter rash is testament to that :)

wow, looks like i missed out... but its good everyone enjoyed the day.

just with that was there alot of turn out for the V Skylines?

I saw Yo-Yo's and BLISTC's car...

only saw two other V35's other than mark's one (love your wheels by the way BLISTC :P well deserved award winner)

Wow, I can't believe how many people are really upset about the trophies. I mean come on, there were so many nice cars there at the event. I couldn't believe the build quality of some of the cars.

Maybe we should do a people's choice system at the next one - where ballots are passed out on entry or something. It's a shame because I think that anyone that puts the effort we all do into our cars should be able to win an award and not have all of the banter about shoulda, woulda, coulda.

I thought that the whole quality of all the cars was impressive. I know I spent a few days cleaning things up, polishing, waxing, etc. We should all just be proud of our club.