Show And Shine Wrap Up Thread

Sl!m

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my highlight of the day was when i found out terry ashwood seen my 1:10 scale RC shell of the winfield GTR and loved it so much that he bought it off me.

Makes me feel kinda proud that i done such a good job on it.

Hiya John,

We met at the '08 Putty > Pub > Good food - good company!

Lateral Thought:- If you can make up another R/C Winfield Godzilla exactly the same; and if we both rock up to the 21st Anniv of R32 GT-R Celebration at Terry Ashwood's Trackside Restaurant, we'll ask him to autograph the new one (since he knows you now). Other VIPs might do the same too? You'd bring a fine tip permanent marker and get him/them to sign your car on the offside strut tower in the same spot as Terry has his autographs. You saw them on his Godzilla did you?

Thanks for the video Terry - I just got it in the mail. Good thing too as my video of the Skaif Richards car didn't turn out.

Team effort Eric - and thanks to you for spending your rare time on making a professional compilation!

If you enjoyed seeing the cars sitting still....come along and see them moving.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Te...an-t298118.html

seriously....you are allowed to do skids at this event....maybe that r35 was confused about which event he was at?

$45 for a day on the skidpan :cheers:

Hiya John,

We met at the '08 Putty > Pub > Good food - good company!

Lateral Thought:- If you can make up another R/C Winfield Godzilla exactly the same; and if we both rock up to the 21st Anniv of R32 GT-R Celebration at Terry Ashwood's Trackside Restaurant, we'll ask him to autograph the new one (since he knows you now). Other VIPs might do the same too? You'd bring a fine tip permanent marker and get him/them to sign your car on the offside strut tower in the same spot as Terry has his autographs. You saw them on his Godzilla did you?

Hey Terry,

Thats exactly what i was thinking. but because the shell is just that and doesn't open they would just have to sign the bonnet or roof or something like that.

but yeah it defiantly crossed my mind

Hey Terry,

Thats exactly what i was thinking. but because the shell is just that and doesn't open they would just have to sign the bonnet or roof or something like that.

but yeah it defiantly crossed my mind

So by next year, you WILL end up with the most valuable R/C around John!

BTW, DVDs of the SnS have been sent out this morning to Nowra & Wyoming

...half hour of goodies incl. 1 minute of botch-up when I forgot to turn off the cam at one point (so just skip that chapter) :D ... sorry guys...

still waiting for pics from Xmetal! Story all done and then will send of to HPI!

I will let you know the outcome.

Good! Pleased to have met you on the day, Andrew.

Meanwhile 2X DVDs sent off to day to Arcadia, Hornsby - enjoy

I would like to say and i know it has been over a week now but I wanted to say i really liked the effort that some of the owners undertook for this event.

I also am pleased that some other makes and models attended the event.

I will try to attend more major events !

Edited by nuttsHunglow

Which brings me to address the subject of "Best Exterior". Yes as has been well documented I was the soul judge. This was a non-Skyline only award and I know I picked the best exterior. Doubt me at your will,,,go on I dare you.

Hi ... :) ... from what i can see no one is doubting for a second that the BEST EXTERIOR wasnt awarded to the right car - the Audi did have the best exterior out of all the other cars there ... & that the day was an absolute cracker & enjoyed by everyone ... its a credit to every owner of every car that took the time to be there to collectively make the day an enjoyable experience.

I believe that its brilliant to open the clubs arms so to speak & invite non Skyline car enthusiasts to participate in the days events - the message that that sends is that Skylines Australia is made up from members that are friendly, welcoming & good spirited which is the best advertisement there is ... :) ...

Im a firm believer that every car is a trophy to its individual owner - we all have different budgets, tastes, aspirations, hopes & needs for our cars but with the one common underlying thread thats the same no matter who you are or what you drive & thats "passion" for these lumps of metal, glass, plastic & rubber ... i really dont think anyone cares who wins a trophy and who doesnt ... its all a bit of friendly fun keeping that essence of good spirit front & foremost.

Though within that structure (criteria) would it be wrong to have a couple of seperate nominations for guest non Skyline cars which in my opinion helps promote their inclusion ?

SKYLINE CATEGORIES:

BEST R32 GT-R / BEST R32 GTS-T / BEST DR-30 / BEST HR-31/2

BEST R33 GT-R / BEST R33 GTS-T / BEST CLASSIC IE: KPGC10

BEST R34 GT-R / BEST R34 GT-T / BEST STAGEA /AUTECH

BEST R35 GT-R / BEST 350 GT / BEST RADIO CONTROLLED CAR

BEST SKYLINE INTERIOR

BEST SKYLINE EXTERIOR

BEST SKYLINE ENGINE BAY

BEST SKYLINE ENGINEERING

BEST SKYLINE IN SHOW

SKYLINE IN NEED OF MOST LOVE

NON SKYLINE CATEGORIES:

BEST NON SKYLINE IN SHOW

BEST NON SKYLINE INTERIOR

BEST NON SKYLINE EXTERIOR

BEST NON SKYLINE ENGINE BAY

(the above are just ideas offering an alternative & by no means suggest that this is the right way - please all suggestions welcome)

I have no idea how much the trophies cost per unit nor do i know the cost involved in securing the venue along with the added costs of coordinating the day ... but for me if it meant paying $15 or $20 to enter & that helped in any way to alleviate the ongoing misunderstanding in relation to judging categories and offered an "agreed" alternative id have no hesitation whatsoever in paying a bit more ... maybe have a "ballot" & vote rather than the decision having being made by just a few ?!

... all food for thought ... the very reason that these forums exist ... for individuals to voice their ideas publicly for other members to digest, ponder, formulate, comment & discuss upon ... sometimes to discount & discard & sometimes to indulge & incorporate ... :D ...

cheers malcolm ... :D ...

Malcolm,,,the Execs and I appreciate your input and everybody elses and we will take it all on board. If it happens next years we may change things. SKYLINE IN NEED OF MOST LOVE,,,ah such a nice way of putting it. ;)

St1LO yours are also noted but "People Choice' as has been said earlier sucks,,,,that award always comes down to who has the most friends there. "work in progress" is also very cool,,,I like it. ;)

To the small few that decided to PM me about my choice,,,I think I addressed your concerns and have no one re-pm me. If anybody else is thinking of questioning my choice feel free,,,but do it in here,,,you might be taken aback when you find out my extended life within the motor industry. :blink:

Cheers

Neil.

I think their should be a award for a silver R33 GTS-T owned by a guy called mark who is 44+, The award could be backhander.

Best race/track car owned by club member, opened to any make or model-thats my idea for this year....

Best race/track car owned by club member, opened to any make or model-thats my idea for this year....

Great minds think alike ... BEST TRACK/RACE CAR crossed my mind too ... though i couldnt see how it would be judged ie: performance figures or set up or aesthetics ?!

... a must category to be considered ... :blink: ...