SAU Community

HELP ME! I want to buy a Commodore!

2fardown

OK I've had this weird thought that I should buy a VT/VX SS Commodore GenIII 6 speed. The reasons are I want something that I can tow a boat with next year when I buy one and something a little larger in size so I can seat more people.

I currently own an R33 GTST that I have had NO problems with at all. The only thing is the car will be 10 years old next year and as all cars this old it is showing its age.

Feel free to swing my decision away from the SS but keep in mind I want something NEW not pre 1997. Yes I could buy a 1991 R32 GTR :sly: but these cars are far too old. The engine will be tired and so will be the paint.

So basically I want something around the $25-28k, NEW, powerfull, towing capabilities and reliable.

HELP

Autech Stagea 260RS - no further discussion required :rolleyes:

fun for the WHOLE family! :)

Maybe not Autech, but possibly a Stagea.

oh and ur looking at figures of about 30% of GenIII's with mechanical problems, major problems.

i guess you dont want to look at somekind of turbo SUV, you many have enough $$ left to get the boat at the same time. if this is a NO then my moneys' on the stagea rb26dett single mothers mobeel!!

oh and ur looking at figures of about 30% of GenIII's with mechanical problems, major problems.

Where are these statistics from?

10% of people know statistics 50% of statistics are made up on the spot :rolleyes:

Honestly, I don't think a VTii/VX SS is a bad idea.

Guest RedLineGTR

for about $25-28k u can find yourself (well i have seen advertised) a nice R34 Gtt (stock Form) going for about 28-29K the year is a 98 model so its not that old if your worried about it depends what u want to use it for. For that price you have to have a decent look around but these are the prices they are starting to go for.

Autech Stagea 260RS - no further discussion required :rolleyes:

fun for the WHOLE family! :)

QUOTE]

Id love an Autech Stagea too, its a pitty that they sell for more than R34 GTRs hey? If only i had a spare 100k lying around.

Im pretty sure there is only 1 Autech Stagea in Australia, the one that was in HPI a while back.