SAU Community

Standard Catalytic Converter

Aruna

The magnaflow 91006 doesn't have a exhaust sniffer in the back of the cat, all s13's 14's 15's, 32's 33's 34's have a cat with a probe in the arse end from factory.

this is why a non standard cat doesn't pass emmissions/epa test.

wow $350 fitted, if anybody wants one i can send them one for alot less then that with a probe boss (nut welded in)

most nissan genuine cats are still good at 10 years, they won't be the same as when new, but they will still work, cars should only have to meet emission's requirements when first registered it's bs testing a car which has done no less then 100,000kms 10 years old and what it's going to meet the requirements of a new car ?

good luck

The magnaflow 91006 doesn't have a exhaust sniffer in the back of the cat, all s13's 14's 15's, 32's 33's 34's have a cat with a probe in the arse end from factory.

The Magnaflow 91006 has an exhaust sniffer, it is ADR Approved and is the cat fitted to Skylines when compliance is done. I passed the EPA test today, I had to go to a place that does compliance and get a cat that they remove when the car is imported. This cat is not approved to be used in Australia. It has got Nissan and X3 marked on the body.

If anybody has to do the DECC test remember you need to change the cat to a Nissan one. The guy in Granville who does the test is an idiot, try not to go to him. My car was perfectly legal, the sound level was less than 90 db and had the correct ADR approved cat and he failed it. I was severely inconvenienced due to his ignorance (spent more than $500 on cats and 5 days off work). I will write to the EPA and ask them to compensate me for my time and money. The guy where I bought the Nissan cat (he does a lot of compliance work) said he is going to support my letter because what they have done is wrong.

http://www.planetmagnaflow.com/shop/magnaflow-91006-701.html ----->wrong cat

and

http://www.planetmagnaflow.com/shop/magnaflow-91036-705.html -------> correct cat

end of discussion.

Not the end yet mate, those cats are in USA. This is the 91006 available for the R33 in Australia.

post-54030-1261514183_thumb.jpgpost-54030-1261514236_thumb.jpg

I have installed two of the in my car and removed them. It definitly has an O2 sensor port.

TICKLE ME PINK !! why rebox a cat for aus market?

since you have the cat why not share a pic with the part number stamped on it too :(

seriously dude just move on, i don't know why i bothered to reopn the thread, and i WONT again.

TICKLE ME PINK !! why rebox a cat for aus market?

since you have the cat why not share a pic with the part number stamped on it too :(

seriously dude just move on, i don't know why i bothered to reopn the thread, and i WONT again.

I really didn't want to reply but you are questioning my integrity, Like I said two 91006 and a close up with the number stamped. You are harder to convince than the EPA tester.

post-54030-1261566311_thumb.jpgpost-54030-1261566344_thumb.jpg

I really didn't want to reply but you are questioning my integrity, Like I said two 91006 and a close up with the number stamped. You are harder to convince than the EPA tester.

post-54030-1261566311_thumb.jpgpost-54030-1261566344_thumb.jpg

Hi Aruna,

I live in Castle Hill and I have an R33 S1 GTS-T. My cat seems to have some internal damage (rattling- maybe collapsed core). I'm planning to replace it but your experience has me worried. I'm happy to keep my car stock. Where do you think I should get a replacement from?

Khaled

0423-025-102 (post count less than 10, too :) )

PS. Can't believe what they put you through. I would be furious too but I doubt they'll reimburse you without a fight. Good luck mate.

Hi Aruna,

I live in Castle Hill and I have an R33 S1 GTS-T. My cat seems to have some internal damage (rattling- maybe collapsed core). I'm planning to replace it but your experience has me worried. I'm happy to keep my car stock. Where do you think I should get a replacement from?

Khaled

0423-025-102 (post count less than 10, too :) )

PS. Can't believe what they put you through. I would be furious too but I doubt they'll reimburse you without a fight. Good luck mate.

Khaled,

You can give me a call 0414933343 I have 2 Magnaflow 91006 which is the ADR approved cat for the R32 33. We can organise something.

Aruna

Pics of the required CATS

post-64617-1262045132_thumb.jpg

Those are the X4 and X5 cats, apparently an X3 is also passable but no photo of it.

Sorry for the horrid scans but the photos i was given are not the best quality.

Im still looking for one of these to get my car passed, PM if you have one!!

Pics of the required CATS

post-64617-1262045132_thumb.jpg

Those are the X4 and X5 cats, apparently an X3 is also passable but no photo of it.

Sorry for the horrid scans but the photos i was given are not the best quality.

Im still looking for one of these to get my car passed, PM if you have one!!

This a photo of the X3 I got in my car post-54030-1262058534_thumb.jpgpost-54030-1262058573_thumb.jpg

sorry for the bad pics but the car is very low.

looks just like the X5 in my pics so yeah sweet, passable cat.

Man, this just gets crazier.

I spoke to JustJap @ kirrawee and the guy there told me that by law they have to destroy the original nissan cats that come off the car when they arrive here in Australia.

These being the cats that the DECC say you need to pass your car.

im f**king lost hey.