SAU Community

2010 F1 Season

Roy

What a shit race, shame the FIA for taking away re-fuelling. Cars that are 2-4 seconds per lap quicker and stuck back in the lower positions :thumbsup: This year is going to be shit compared to some of the blinders we had in years past

agree 100% mate. very neatly put.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has me wondering if its worthwhile jumping accross the drink and going to Malaysian and Chinese GPs ????!?!?!?!? Will have to see what happens with Albert Park i guess. Though Malaysian GP is usually pretty good as there are some good spots for overtaking and weather is a good variable. Plus the weekend on the drink in Malaysia is normally good fun

yeah before the race I was near 100% for a quick trip down to melbourne for next weekends GP, but after watching the race I think I'll stay home and watch it on TV. I was planning to do singapore later in the year too as justin is there now, but not so sure any more. :thumbsup:

yep, last season was pretty good. lots of different winners. championship down to the second last race. webber won a couple and a few podiums. plenty of crazy moves to keep things interesting too.

things are looking pretty dull this year with no real hope in sight.

Well what a boring race....If its going to be like that for the rest of the year i won't be watching....

I still rekon they're going about the whole passing thing the wrong way...Give the cars back the mechanical grip with tyres and underbody aero aids (think indycars of the 90's) and reduce those wing sizes even more to try and reduce some disturbance of the air behind the cars

Man, there is no need for another review of the regulations. How cheap would it be to simply re-introduce re-fuelling and rather then Kers which only a few cars have, give them an extra 3,000rpm to use for 12-16 seconds per race in intervals of no more then 3 seconds per lap. The extra revs bag them a bit more power and top speed down the straights so that when they are 2 seconds quicker then the car they are following there is at least the opportunity to pass and clear on out

I still rekon they're going about the whole passing thing the wrong way...Give the cars back the mechanical grip with tyres and underbody aero aids (think indycars of the 90's) and reduce those wing sizes even more to try and reduce some disturbance of the air behind the cars

maybe F1 cars should do away with front and rear wings altogether and just be permitted to run fan-assisted ground effects aero so the downforce levels don't change near other cars?

The solution to the whole 'no refuelling' balls-up seems amazingly simple to me

Bring refuelling back, BUT make it a rule that the fuel hose has to have been disconnected from the car, and the hose man have stepped away BEFORE any of the tyre crew are allowed to touch the wheels. No more cars trundling down pitlane with the hose attached, strategy restored.

Easy.

Just thinking of this, maybe, has the FIA mandating smaller rear wings on these cars having an effect of some sort? Smaller rear wing = less drag and a smaller slip stream for the following car?

Btw, I noticed during the commentary about bridgestone making the front tire smaller for this year... Why didn't they make the rears a little larger to bring back car balance, which would in turn have made them less dependant on aero! Yet still achieve and same goal??

I know it absolutely will not happen, but I'm crossing my fingers for re-fuelling for Melbourne in two weeks...

Edited by Marco-R34GTT

the problem's not refueling, that has always been a "fake" way to spice up the racing.

Just ditch this 2 hour procession crap and run 3x 20min sprints instead. Add reverse grid to the second race if you want some excitement.

most of the 'overtaking' in recent years has been done in the pit lane, based on stop-strategies

seems this year it'll happen by the other two common methods; mechanical f**k-up or being out on the wrong tyres when it starts to rain

as a footnote, I did get quite a chuckle when Lewis inherited P4 back after McLaren brought Button in and baulked Rosbergs pit exit- Machiavellian maybe, but a good example of the limited scope teams have to influence a driver's track position.

p.s no way in hell Red Bull can do a wheel change in 1.8 sec :cool:

But to me the tension to see the lap times drop as drivers went a few laps longer tryign to jump spots then defend on cold tyres on a heavier / different fuel load was still great viewing. It wasnt quite Button at Brazil every round, but the races were at least interesting watching the strategies work or...or not. Button on 2 stops vs Rubens on 3, ditto Webber v Vettel on different stops etc etc

I think the engine and gearbox usage rule has ruined the sport also. Lift the engine development freeze and allow as many engines and gearboxes with no V8 gheyercar rev limiter!

this is the truest statement. the v8s were great on the weekend. big anti-climax on sunday night.

was a little bit of action at the back of the pack but far out.....it was boring. :cool:

glad i gave melbourne a miss this year, except the fact im missing out on bar20.

big problems.

wow.

just watching the replay on one. 11 laps in, no sign of action. off to mythbusters.

these guys have pulled off an amazing feat in the off season in making F1 *less* interesting than v8 supertaxis!

great to see new teams at last instead of the same old crap. but the racing is rubbish

I think the engine and gearbox usage rule has ruined the sport also. Lift the engine development freeze and allow as many engines and gearboxes with no V8 gheyercar rev limiter!

agree with that too. it's another way of cheapening the sport. and I don't mean keeping the cost down... it makes the sport look cheap. F1 is supposed to be the bloody pinnacle of motorsport with boundless spending on useless crap. I want to see engines running a bees dick away from exploding every single lap and at the end of the race they take out that molten smoky engine and put in a nice new fresh one for next time.