2010 F1 Season

Roy

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, unless Ferrari or McLaren can find some speed, you would have to say Vettel is looking good. I mea, if the team had not made the mistakes it had or car problems then odds are RBR would have had two 1-2s in a row and 3 poles in a row

So whats the thoughts on the race with the 2010 regulations in Sepang? I thought it was a more exciting race than Bahrain, but still a somewhat boring spectacle (half of that is the average track design). Can't wait till they get past all the 'new' tracks and hit some of the classics.

How many changes of position were there in the top 6? Interesting race, but i still think there would have been more to race for if the cars were running to theor pace and stopping twice for fuel and tyres. As is the cars could almost go without stops if allowed, Button pitted on what lap and had pretty good pace for all those laps. Rules are BS

Well Vettel is lucky to retain his win. Turns out all that arm waving on one of the last laps was because Trulli slowed in a corner where a yellow was out for Alonso's car and Vettel overtook him. He slowed sufficiently and thankfully Herbert was the driving standards advisor so Vettel was not penalised. Dont think Webber would liked to have been handed the win...but looking at the points tally, if you dock Vettel 7 points and give Webber an extra 7 then ut puts him on 31, 1 point ahead of Vettel and only 8 behind Massa... anyway, good to see the right decision being made.

Interesting that Herbert only gave Hamilton a warning for his weaving....i think that was the right call as well rather then a drive thru. Let Hamo show the world he is still a spoilt little kid who throws his toys out the pram when someone dares pass him :action-smiley-069:

Sauber engine failure too- Could Ferrari be out of the WDC/WCC hunt towards the tail end of the season due to engine related grid penalties?

Interesting that Herbert only gave Hamilton a warning for his weaving....i think that was the right call as well rather then a drive thru. Let Hamo show the world he is still a spoilt little kid who throws his toys out the pram when someone dares pass him

how does trying to break a tow mid straight constitute toys out of prams?

was he to just relive what happened the lap previous where Petrov threw one down the inside? he must have recognised that he might get taken out by a n00b and tried something different. If he gotten overtaken again in an identical move he'd be getting berated for that instead.

perhaps he should have have been as disinteresting as massa to watch behind the toro rosso.

Edited by ctjet

still up on bets this year?

Nope

So whats the thoughts on the race with the 2010 regulations in Sepang? I thought it was a more exciting race than Bahrain, but still a somewhat boring spectacle (half of that is the average track design). Can't wait till they get past all the 'new' tracks and hit some of the classics.

The majority of the passing was because of the Ferraris and McLarens being at the back. Not much going on without refuelling and the strategy that comes with it.

As for Hamilton, the rules say you can make one move to block down the straight, and can't cut back after it...How many times did he change sides, 3 or 4? Lucky to only get a warning in my opinion

how does trying to break a tow mid straight constitute toys out of prams?

was he to just relive what happened the lap previous where Petrov threw one down the inside? he must have recognised that he might get taken out by a n00b and tried something different. If he gotten overtaken again in an identical move he'd be getting berated for that instead.

perhaps he should have have been as disinteresting as massa to watch behind the toro rosso.

This isnt 'Nam man, there are rules :)

You are allowed to move over and change your line once, generally people move back over to get some of the line back once they are in or near the braking area. The rules are a lot clearer in that you are not allowed to weave and change your lines repeatedly....which is exactly what Hamo did after Petrov got back under him .

I agree tht Herbert and co got it right and handed out a warning, but what he did was wrong and should be stopped. A warning was sufficient. Will wait until i watch the BBC coverage to see what their one eyed coverage had to say about it. But the ESPN which is not biased were pretty critical of it, especially Gary Anderson who was rather scathing saying that he was driving like "a spoilt child" or something.

Again, i thought it was a bit rough to be moving all over the track and guess last year he would have been given a drive through, but this year the driving standards folk seem to let a little more go. A warning was definitely required...

Unfortuantely while the "old" tracks are much more interesting to watch as a challenge, and I'm sure more fune to drive....but they don't promote overtaking. Imagine how monaco will be without pitstops? And even today monza will be won by the car with the most power. This season is still on track to be one of the most boring on record (and no you can't count teams getting qualifying wrong so fast cars start at the back as being part of the plan!)

BTW big improvement from webber this week, only losing 1 place from his qualifying position. Still getting soundly beaten by the only guy he is really racing though (his teammate)

and didn't he look happy about it in the post race interview. *chuckle*

can't believe it didn't rain; f.o.m probably won't feel the need to look at changing this race's schedule next year

It's good to see that Mark is now upset with scoring "only" second place, as it means that he has the desire to go for the wins when he can, rather than just cruise and collect.

I do wonder if Red Bull had covered two different scenarios though with the car setup, with Mark maybe having a bit more of a wet setup that Vettel.

Can't believe Alonso was that quick with "no clutch."

From the start things went wrong. On the formation lap my gearbox broke and I had no clutch during the race, so I had to brake in a weird way. I had to first gear down and then push the throttle hard so it would engage the gear for that corner. So it was probably the hardest race of my whole life in terms of driving, because I had to improvise for every corner. But even so we were going to get a few points, which in the end was not possible because of the engine. But if the gearbox and then the engine are going to break, it’s better than in happens when you are ninth than when you are leading and you lose 25 points. [emphasis added]

good race, it was Marks to lose, and he knows he did.

Hamilton drove fantastically, he gained what, 10 positions in 2 laps? He was on the warpath. I know the swerving was against the rules but it worked. It wasn't blocking, Hamilton was leading each change.

Well done to Alonso for driving the way he did with what he made seem like a minimal handicap.

Still hanging out for shoe maker to get a good run going, can't wait to see what he can do a few races in.

You know, it would kill the lot of you to say something nice about the race...

How many of Hamilton's 10 places were made before and into turn 1..?

He was given a ridiculously clear drive up the inside leading into turn 1 by all other drivers. But the Mac/Louise fans love to go on about 10-12 places in 2 laps, as if he was performing Senna-Hamilton-esque passing manoeuvres all over the track...

So that's his fault?

He saw an oppurtunity and took it, if it were anyone else in any other race they would be a hero. Imagine if that happened in a V8 race...

There's a lot of Hamilton hate going around

So that's his fault?

He saw an oppurtunity and took it, if it were anyone else in any other race they would be a hero. Imagine if that happened in a V8 race...

There's a lot of Hamilton hate going around

I never said it was his 'fault', just that it's not as impressive as hard fought overtaking moves. He picked the best line, good luck to him, but no one really made it hard for him now did they..