Roy

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no penalty for Hammo or Vettel for the pit lane push and shove

Really?? That has to be one of the biggest jokes since the $100m fine.

The restart needs to be looked at in future whether they penalise Button or not. After Webber was poleaxed by Vettel after Hamiltons silly buggers (on the far right of the track off the racing line) in Japan they really need to be clear about driver conduct.

loved watching the schu drive the perfect smooth defensive line he just knows exactly where to put his car without weaving all over the track. basically a message to hamilton "you'll have to drive around me" and you saw how well it worked. schu hung him out to dry on more than one occasion just by racing his line, beautiful.

Button shouldnt be penalised, it was stupid, but all these highly paid muppets stuff up the simple stuff they dont do too often. I was surprised b how close Hamo and Vettel were followig Webber whilst under the pace car. Surely such crowding is dangerous if the guy in front wants to start building heat into his yres, or os that what they were trying to stop him from doing???

good race i guess tho i lost money :) no webber fastest lap for once..

i liked the ferraris pushing and shoving in the pit lane entry for position haha isnt that ment to be single file into the pits? i think hamo and vettel did a similar thing

Because nobody else has said it, the stewarding this year under the new system of installing ex-drivers has up until this point been great! No stupid penalties and the racing goes on. The heights of stupidity in recent years has really detracted from enjoying the whole event.

Pettiness was staring to overshadow other more relevant and excitng parts of the weekened.

The old mind set of punishing drivers for the smallest infractions will be gone soon and all will return to normal. The era of post Max Mosley is looking good already

Its good to see that penalties are not being handed out for anything and everything....but there needs to be some standards, This weekend was lineball on a few things, it seems they are pushing more and more each race

Yup he was talking to the main comentators on a different channel, was quite funny some of his comments "just add water".

I was waiting for him to say something a bit controversial, but it never came.. :)

As for Hamilton on Schumacher, I'm glad we didn't have to listen to comments like 'well it's clear who's the best ever F1 driver after that pass'. Clearly had a much faster car, but was still made to earn it.

If a car crosses the line marked for pit exit they get penalised so why arent they also penalised if they cross the line on pit entry (it's just as dangerous if not more dangerous). That would mean that atleast Hamilton and Alonso should be penalised.

Button should be penalised for a dangerous restart (as 1 of the commentators pointed out the exact rule which he broke).

I wouldn't say that the entire race would be good to watch on replay but certainly the 2 or 3 laps of Schuey vs Hamilton was good racing.

yeah I agree Ben....skaife was given a drive thru years ago for passing the cars in front on the grass at a start....racing is meant to happen on the race track.

I do very much like some more lattitude from the stewards, but it can't extend to dangerous driving. What Button, Hamilton and Alonso did were all dangerous.

i think the difficulty of passing these days mean they have to push harder in marginal situation like pit in/out, at the start etc

Let's hope not. Was pretty exciting seeing on two occasions cars bustle for pit lane position. Definitely found the tussle between LH and MS the most exciting part of the race. MS has learned a lot over the years about making it difficult to overtake, and threw it right it LH. Just love the way he maneuvered his car to prevent a passing a move. Perhaps to show LH about how it should be done following the 'breaking the tow' controversy.

Agreed - was a great race. No one can say it's been a boring season so far.

Loved watching the pit-lane push and shove! The Schu still has the touch in the wet but as some said, the Merc (Brawn) doesn't yet have the performance edge.

I feel for Webber but while he has proven he's got the pace in qualifying, I'm not convinced about his abilities in close quarters with other cars (in race conditions). He often comes off second-best.

Will get even more interesting as the European rounds start, let's hope they can get there while the Icelandic volcano shroud clears...