2010 F1 Season

Roy

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think the compromise the teams used to have to make between the high and low downforce settings have now been nullified.

the whole stadium section have been removed, outside of what looks like fast 'hairpin' final corner

vettel and nando look damn good for the win here

Feels like its been months but we start back up today. Webz year could well be over. Spain will crash and burn with its economy now depending on Alonso getting a win at home...and everybody still saying Vettel is fav for championship whilst Mclaren collect points and win races.

Suspect this will be the GP where Hamo and Alonso muscle onto the podium. Lets see how old man Schuey goes this weekend with his drift spec, overtseering F1 car

yeah webber really, really needs to a get a result this weekend to keep himself in the hunt. so far it's been pretty dismal for a bloke in one of the top 3 cars. especially with all the good qualifying and fastest laps he's had. needs to start figuring out how to turn that stuff into wins. come on webber, you've faced darker times than this mate!

If, buts and excuses aside, with the exception of qualy in Bahrain, Marks pace has been as good as Vettels...throw wet race lottery into the mix. Vettel could have just as easily had 3 wins this season. But Webber could have had two, China where they made a mess of the calls and went midpack trying to recover and In Malaysia where he was too kind to Vettel. I am sure a team owner who understands the game would find a seat for Webber if he was available...the other thing is would he be interested in a lesser seat after occupying them for all those years? I think he could walk away as well...but no way can i see Kimi coming back

yeah I have a sinking feeling on two fronts.

1, if webber doesn't do well for the remainder of the season and start finishing ahead of vettel now and then that red bull wont give him another seat for next year.

and

2, if red bull don't give webber a seat next year he might walk away from F1 rather than take up a lesser spot somewhere like torro rosso etc.

It would be sad to see our only aussie in F1 gone. who is there on the horizon to be the next aussie in F1? Roy maybe? possibly me? any other prospects out there?

Webber may not have a drive next year, but he's so involved with redbull that he'll never be out of F1. Doesn't he have a three year contract anyway. (I guess thats what expensive lawyers are for-loophole'ing driver contracts)

He only renewed a two year contract, this year being the second. As long as Webber is backing up Vettel and getting points and podiums then i think his seat woudl be safe at RBR. If he replicate of improve on last seasons performance then i dotn think that will be a problem. Until his run of piss poor results, stop gos at Spa, crashes etc he had a very good first half of the season. He needs to now be consistant the mid to latter part of this season.

Anyway, its all been said before and only time will tell. In my eyes the real test will be if RBR miss out on the Constructors title, will they be looking at Webber's performance as the reason. SO far this year, he made a qualy mistake in Bahrain and then got dicked by shared strategy in Australia and China. I dont think the team would be looking to lynch him as being the reason why they are where they are. Hell he led China and Aus but was dogged in Aus by the teams pit calls.

It would be sad to see our only aussie in F1 gone. who is there on the horizon to be the next aussie in F1? Roy maybe? possibly me? any other prospects out there?

Daniel Ricciardo! Local Perth boy- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Ricciardo

Mmmm, looks like Michelin is in the box seat for an imminent return to F1, hopefully accompanied by Pirelli and/or Avon!

Michelin return to F1??

Old man Schumi seems to be getting up some pace! Barca is one of his stronger tracks, and the new car seems to be working well! Fingers crossed!!!