SAU Community

2010 F1 Season

Roy

Webber just re-signed with RBR for another year on his contract till the end of 2011 !!!!???? :thumbsup::):banana:

That may be the end of Marks career I think. I couldnt see another team taking him up after that.

Edited by Tektrader69

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By all reports though Webber sounds as though he will be happy to retire once he has another few seasons in a good car and isnt too interested in punting amid field car again. Sounds as though he only wanted a 1 year contract and is looking for the flexibility

Webber just re-signed with RBR for another year on his contract till the end of 2011 !!!!???? :):nyaanyaa::spank:

That may be the end of Marks career I think. I couldnt see another team taking him up after that.

Of course it's the end of his career. Realistically he didn't have any other options. McLaren have their line-up for the next ten years I think, Ferrari appear to want to keep Massa and Alonso or replace one with a young driver. RBR are the only other decent car on the grid atm. He may have to keep reminding them he's as good a chance as Vettel to win races, but aside from that it's too late in his career to go to a new team.

I think he only had two or three years left in him in any case. He's 34 this year and most F1 drivers retire in their late 30s (unless you're a 7-time world champion who just can't let it go). F1 teams know that and few would take him now.

He`s Just MADE HIMSELF SAY $10 MILLION :nyaanyaa: for that ,So Let say THE CONTACT is worth that to anythere team so he win`s either way ,

RBR have good car so why not :yes: if was shit like they had been maybe he would look else where,

AGE well chat with Rueben`s about that & look :nyaanyaa::rofl: what he`s driving :yucky: poor bugger ,

Where was MISTER 7 :wacko: not going to well ;)

Mark`s a smart man been in the system & know`s what he`s doing ,

Good move i think,

Bet VERTOOL TO WORLD CROWN will be sweeter :nyaanyaa: for him as well (finger`s crossed for him) as it would be just reward for hard work with all the TEAM`S he has been at :thanks::wave:

Cheer`s Chuckie.

BUMP!

So this weekend they're up in Canada, with a lot of people peggin mcLaren to walk it in due to their top end speed and low drag co-efficient.

Sad to say that I don't think Webber will be in the lime light for this one, unless some F-Duct improvements have been made for him over the weekend (unlikely).

This will be an interesting GP. Lets see if McLaren can consolidate on their new found pace, or will Hamp drive into the safety car in pit lane this year?

RBR, Ferrari and Mercedes will all be trying to keep them honest and you cant help but think this race may spring a surprise with Renault.

The ol' ear nibble and reach around seems to have worked on SV, he seems pretty motivated this weekend.

I hear he was pushing the car pretty hard in P1 and P2 and topping the times in P2.

The LH and JB don't appear to be as quick as expected at this point and this track should really suit them.

its only practice- smoke and mirrors :P

wont get a good indication until final practice, and even then fuel loads between the teams will be different. IMO mclarens will be front row after quali

forecast is for showers over the next couple of days too so that could blow things wide open. practice times are pretty well meaningless, i tipped mclarens to do well merc engine + f-duct + long straights.

I don't think I've been this excited for an F1 for ages! :P

Knowing my luck it will probably be a boring race, but it will be great to see how it turns out.

Stop hoping hamilton f**ks up again!

its only practice- smoke and mirrors ;)

wont get a good indication until final practice, and even then fuel loads between the teams will be different. IMO mclarens will be front row after quali

I realise that practice is smoke and mirrors but someone at the track reckons SV was pushing pretty hard.

If you believe the post practice comments, LH seemed a bit disappointed in their pace in a straight line.

The McLarens should be front of the grid based on last weeks performance but the changeable weather will make it a lottery.

Man...i thought Webz had it when Hamo mesed up his lap on the softs...but he was able to make them hang in there for a well earned pole. Now will the softs fall apart, can Webz get him off the line...will Webz get a poor start from the dirty side and get chopped by Vettel?? Hell, is there a rule that the car must return to the pits after quali or is there a penalty to having to be pushed?????