SAU Community

2010 F1 Season

Roy

Heres the thing, i dont like saying this... but i feel that Jenson is Mclarens version of Massa

He's good when its good. Bit you throw him one hurdle and he just hacks it as much is it could be.

obviously theres the one difference between them, but other than that? what has Jenson done thats made anybody sit back and sad say wow

agree with that button is great when things are going his way but not good at jumping any hurdles. just like massa he can lead from the front ok, just don't expect him to be able to work to get there...

Sebastian.V: "wakka wakka baby"....

and here i was thinking he couldnt be more of a dickhead.

yes just when you think he's reached the absolute pinnacle of gayness he reaches new heights...

Very obvious where the RBR allegiance lies. They should have said sorry seb, yours got damaged mark kept his in good nick. there's f**k all difference anyway so just get out there and get on it.

To actually take it off one drivers car and put it on the others is showing that with only 12 points difference at the halfway point in the season they are already using any chance to give Vettel an advantage and make sure he wins WDC not Webber.

if it was 3 races to go and vettel had 20 points on his teammate then sure. but now it's just a flimsy excuse.

yes sadly it's quite obvious RBR management have webber earmarked as their number 2 driver behind ze-tool.

I'm very pleased he is not taking it lying down. clearly he has always thought and been told that there really is no team order and clearly he believed it as this is the first real display of strong favouritism and straight away he's come out and said if he knew the team would behave like this he would not have renewed his contract.

he does need to tread a bit carefully with what he says though as he wouldn't want to suddenly find himself out on his arse or even worse stuck in a team that cut him off from the good development.

he did a fantastic job and it could not have come at a better time for him. if ever there was a weekend he needed to smash ze-tool this was it. even better was the fact that it was hamilton who took ze-tool out and not webber. and in fact if anything it was ze-tool squeezing webber up against the wall, not webber pushing zetool. by the time they got to T1 webber was clearly ahead and had every right to stick to the racing line and run it out to the edge of the track. zetool was on drugs if he thought he'd be able to stick there on the outside against another RBR, especially one piloted by a bloke who's grass he's cut many a weekend in the past.

webber's call about 'not bad for a number 2' was pretty pointed. he really was on a mission this weekend and looked furious at having his wing physically taken off his car and given to zetool after zetool had damaged his.

it's very simple, they had 2 wings which should have been 1 per car. after zetool damaged his that should have been bad luck end of story. or like James Allen suggested he should have just left both cars to run the old wing. They are 1 second a lap up on the next closest team after all and the new wing is at best 1/10th better than the old one. all it did was divide the team and make them look bad to the public. there was no need to create all this drama just to gain a poofteenth of a second for one half of the team. the reasoning was piss-weak and very transparent too.

one of the best bits of the whole thing was the audible cheer from the crowd as webber led the race one lap 1 with zetool getting taken out. clearly webber is popular amongst the fans and I doubt many of them have any sympathy for zetool (outside of germany that is).

anyway, GO WEBBER!!

I again put some cash on webs pre-qualy hoping he could qualify and race well and he paid me back in spades. thanks mate. :rofl2:

I very nearly put some dough on button for a podium as he was 16:1 for a podium after qualifying. very glad I didn't as I would have spewed at him getting 4th!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeh I think its clear that Red Bull Racing do not like what Red Bull the drink manufacturer management are doing within the team!!! :rofl2::D Red Bull are going to do a 2007 McLaren and lose both championships....

The scary thing is I can see Webber being shown the door before seasons end if he continues to fight the system :) I cant believe that Horner, Newey and the guys actually in the team, (not consultants to the team) are the ones pulling the strings.

Everyone has bosses and I think that means the whole team is under pressure. One thing for sure, Webber best tread carefully. If Berger as part owner of STR can be forced out and Speed, Liuzzi, Bourdais feel the burn ... I don't think a contract means much if Webber wants to say too much publicly and Red Bull/Mateschitz feel Vettel is only losing points to a team mate in the Championship and its time to blood Buemi in a competitive car.

I can see it happening.... and as a bunch of employees i dont see Horner, Newey or anyone else able to stop it. I would love to buy DC a beer and hear his side of things and wonder if his McLaren experience has him giving Webber some advice on the side??? He has seemed to be pretty flattering of Mark this year in his comments

all spot on mate and like you say scary stuff if webber can't sort things out to some kind of happy resolution and just get on with racing and keep the barbed comments to himself.

yeah DC I think has a lot of time for webber in fact most drivers in the paddock seem to respect webber as a great driver and a great sportsman. he was head of the GP drivers assoc. for a long time and has spearheaded a lot of driver reforms and negotiations etc in F1.

James Allen was right to draw parallels between this situation and Rubens at Ferrari and DC at Maclaren (both behind hakinen and kimi). as he pointed out though both DC and rubens were clearly shaded by their 'number 1' team mates where as webber vs vettel is pretty much an even fight. if not slightly in webs favour. and he also rightly pointed out that for the most part DC and rubens both just sat back and copped it accepting that that's the way it was and they should be happy enough to be number 2 in the best team. still better than 18 other guys out there. webber clearly is not like that though and having signed on for equal treatment expects to receive equal treatment. it doesn't seem like too much to ask for does it?

I am usually not one to join in on any display of nationalistic ferver in any sporting events much. A few years ago I consigned Mark to the also rans and couldnt watch the races.

For some reason, everytime I see Mark leading to the win I get really wound up and scarily proud. The fact that these douchbags are making life hard for him feeds the Aussie emotion and I JUST WANT HIM TO SCREW THE BASTARDS AND SHOVE IT UP EM.

If he could feed off the good will we all feel. HE WILL WIN THE WDC

Rant off :rofl2:

Edited by Tektrader69

I'm rewatching the race now and I'm suprised how messy and how poor Alonso's lines were when he was chasing Sutil ( before he pits on lap 50)

The dude gets fin wound up and turns to shit.

1000s of man hrs in those elements Tim...

Exactly. I wouldn't have been surprised if they had only brought one. It's not just the time, making a piece that big out of carbon fibre is not cheap. The other thing is that it's an unproven component. Since they can't test much these days, at least not IRL, they would want to run it on the track for a while before mass-producing spares.

Not to mention that they may have other upgrades that will come on-line in coming rounds. No point making a dozen new wings if you're only going to run it for 3-4 races.

Webber's mechanics wave wing at Vettel's engineers

Can't help but chuckle and yet be a bit concerned at the same time - this team's gonna implode big time

I thought this was good for a lol. I'm not that worried - it's not just the drivers in a team that compete against each other. The crews can be every bit as partisan as the fans, cheering for 'their' driver. Some of the mechanics would have been just as pissed as Marky-mark was at the wing situation, as seems evident from this story. Had there been fist-fights I'd be more concerned.

Go back 20 years to the Prost-Senna days at McLaren. They just about were at the point of punch-ons on a regular basis. It got to the point where one year after they tangled at Suzuka, Senna DELIBERATELY rammed Prost off the road at Suzuka's turn 1 - a very fast corner. And yet McLaren were able to keep it together and have one of the most dominant reigns in F1 history. I don't think the tension between Webber and Vettel is even a tenth of that level. It's quite common for drivers to loathe each other - it just normally gets kept under cover.

And I doubt that Webber will get booted unless he really mouths off, which I think he's too self-controlled to do. I get the feeling RBR want Webber more than he wants RBR, since they've signed him for next year quite early. Were RBR interested in playing hardball they'd have made him wait longer. I'm pretty sure it's Mark who wanted the 1-year contract, since RBR would have liked to keep him longer. He may be a "number two driver" as far as RBR are concerned, but he's still a solid points-scorer and race-winner. Vettel is not Schumacher, he can't win a constructor's championship for the team all by himself. "Number two's" are hard to come by, assuming you want more than a pay driver/seat warmer.

Not to mention that he may yet convince RBR that he's more than a "number two". Mansell did it with Williams, and he had a similar no-BS attitude to Mark.

I am usually not one to join in on any display of nationalistic fervour in any sporting events much. A few years ago I consigned Mark to the also rans and couldn't watch the races.

For some reason, every time I see Mark leading to the win I get really wound up and scarily proud. The fact that these douchebags are making life hard for him feeds the Aussie emotion and I JUST WANT HIM TO SCREW THE BASTARDS AND SHOVE IT UP EM.

If he could feed off the good will we all feel, HE WILL WIN THE WDC

Rant off :rofl2:

:D Feels good, doesn't it? :)

I was always a hardcore Webber fan but prior to last year I was losing faith he'd even win a race. I'd long ago lost hope he'd win the championship. Yet here we are. He's within a sniff of the lead with half a season to go. It won't take much for Mark to be number one again. He's got the car for it, he just needs to keep the shiny side up.

Whenever I see SV's car get close to MW's, my blood pressure starts to elevate now.

I wonder if the RBR sponsors get as nervous as I do?

Or do you think that all this BRU-HA-HA can actually do the reverse and attract more sponsors?

I don't think RBR would want MW to leave.

It's just that I ask myself, who would RBR get to replace him? And furthermore, who would want to be #2 to SV and be subservient to him? Certainly not MW.

Yes that wing being waved around is making a LOL Statement.

I don't think RBR would want MW to leave.

It's just that I ask myself, who would RBR get to replace him? And furthermore, who would want to be #2 to SV and be subservient to him? Certainly not MW.

The BBC made an interesting point last night that this year's silly season could be the most boring in history. Ferrari, McLaren, RBR and Mercedes are already locked in, and Kubica at Renault. So most of the top seats and top drivers are taken. RBR are pretty much stuck with Webber unless they want to gamble on Buemi or Alguersuari, which would be a mistake as they're years away from winning races.

They are 1 second a lap up on the next closest team after all

And well you might think that given the Q3 qualy times... and yet, Lewis was only max ~3.5 seconds behind Webz after the tyre stops shook out, and that was down to a mere 1.3 as the chequered flag dropped.

Further- Button was only 0.6 behind Rosberg at race end, who only made up 2 places by dint of V.Tool and Gonzo's f**k-ups. Had He the fuel to attack and pass Rosberg, Button would have likely been within 15 or so seconds of Webbers finishing time, rather than being held back by Nico

Despite the MP4-25's variable qualifying zest, the lads seem to have no trouble keeping up with the RB6's race pace.

I don't know why Webber should worry about losing his seat. I think he has made his point, the world knows there is favouritism being shown to SV, be it with pit strategy, support after driving into MW in the sphincter of the universe or the front wing.

He is on the record as saying he wants a competitive drive or he will retire. This is the exact reason he signed a one year contract.

Webber isn't there to take up space like Trulli or R.Schumacher (or now M Schumacher).

What is his downside if they don't give him a competitive drive?

Despite the MP4-25's variable qualifying zest, the lads seem to have no trouble keeping up with the RB6's race pace

Webber wasn't pushing at all after the first 5 laps. The first lap after the safety car he opened a 0.5sec gap.

The McLarens have good race pace but they weren't that close this race IMO. Even with LH driving the ring off the car.

What is his downside if they don't give him a competitive drive?

Listening to Webber, it sounds like he is better able to get the car setup since he has said a few times his feedback and changes are going into Vettel's car. Getting a driver with the ability to communicate well with the engineers is not always easy so it might be Vettel wouldn't be doing so well on his own. Certainly, replacing Webber with a 'junior' driver would lose them quite a bit of experience...

Anyway, I think Webber needs the extra incentive the drama is bringing to stoke the fire in his belly, maybe Horner sees this too and is purposely inciting a little controversy, after all it also helps getting Redbull in the news :) Maybe they all get bonuses for every article that has the Redbull name mentioned, they sure are getting a lot of mileage out of it all.

And well you might think that given the Q3 qualy times... and yet, Lewis was only max ~3.5 seconds behind Webz after the tyre stops shook out, and that was down to a mere 1.3 as the chequered flag dropped.

Further- Button was only 0.6 behind Rosberg at race end, who only made up 2 places by dint of V.Tool and Gonzo's f**k-ups. Had He the fuel to attack and pass Rosberg, Button would have likely been within 15 or so seconds of Webbers finishing time, rather than being held back by Nico

Despite the MP4-25's variable qualifying zest, the lads seem to have no trouble keeping up with the RB6's race pace.

Are you joking? seriously?

At no time was Hamo a chance of keeping up with Webber, he drive as quick as he needed to. In light of all the bumps at Silverstone, the wind and clear pace advantage he drove to a gap.

There were several examples when Webber had to go and he did. On full tanks he ap after lap pulled a 0.1 to 0.3 sec a lap on Hamilton. He relaxed and took the extra bit of time to make sure they nailed a smooth stop so lost some time there. But pulled back his buffer, likewise after the pace car.

Not sure if you were watching he lap timing, with about 12 laps to go Hamo put in a fastest lap taking it from 5.2 to 4.7 or something. The next lap Webber beat Hamiltons fastest lap by 1.5 seconds...a pretty clear "don't bother Lewis...i have so much in reserve" . Then with two laps to go brought it home and the 6-7sec gap fell to nothing.

RBR had so much clear race pace, they just didnt need to push the car, a smart thing in light of all the offs over the weekend and failures RBR have had this year.

At no time was Hamo a chance of keeping up with Webber, he drive as quick as he needed to. In light of all the bumps at Silverstone, the wind and clear pace advantage he drove to a gap.

There were several examples when Webber had to go and he did. On full tanks he ap after lap pulled a 0.1 to 0.3 sec a lap on Hamilton. He relaxed and took the extra bit of time to make sure they nailed a smooth stop so lost some time there. But pulled back his buffer, likewise after the pace car.

Not sure if you were watching he lap timing, with about 12 laps to go Hamo put in a fastest lap taking it from 5.2 to 4.7 or something. The next lap Webber beat Hamiltons fastest lap by 1.5 seconds...a pretty clear "don't bother Lewis...i have so much in reserve" . Then with two laps to go brought it home and the 6-7sec gap fell to nothing.

RBR had so much clear race pace, they just didnt need to push the car, a smart thing in light of all the offs over the weekend and failures RBR have had this year.

Read MW 1st Place - Daylight 2nd Place