• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gents,

Who is in for a trip to Singapore?

Names and Availability to me ASAP!

You know I've been twice now Mikey... Singapore is a great city to visit, but in terms of actually enjoying the race, I honestly think Melbourne is better. However, there are rumours afoot that the layout will be changed quite a bit in order to increase overtaking opportunities and improve the quality of the race.. I can tell you, they need it too!

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/7657.html

http://www.motorsport.co.uk/formula-1/sing...rss318605.shtml

2011 FTMFW!

Edited by Marco-R34GTT

What a top weekend. Sat on Copse corner for two days and the result couldn't have been any better really.best viewing moment was Kubica coming through Copse too hot in Q3, massive oversteer which he corrected in the blink of an eye.You really get an appreciation for what these guys can do live.

The whole wing debacle was a big talking point before the race on Sunday. I think most of the fans felt Webber was hard done by, and the cheer was huge when Mark got to turn one in front. Maybe that was because Lewis made up a spot too. Haha. The English love Webber though, and short of Lewis or Jenson winning, that was the best result they could hope for too.

The Circuit really is in the middle of nowhere! I can see why Bernie has referred to it as a country fair on more than one occasion.

Having said that, they have spent big bucks on the track, and it was a really well run event. There's tens of millions more being spent in the next 12 months and the pit straight will be in the middle of the new section next year, not its traditional place. Sorry if they already covered all this in the broadcast, i guess what I'm getting at is it's definitely a race worth going to. Lots of money and support behind it now, and 105,000 through the door on Sunday means it'll stay that way.

Like has been said dozens of times in this thread, i just hope the RB team doesn't implode before the season's out. I think it's gone a bit beyond the 'healthy rivalry' Webber and Vettel kept referring to in press conferences..

I stay in Oxford when in the UK so was always easy to get to Silverstone from there, i am hankering to drive the place :blink: Would have killed to go to the GP there, my mates who dont give a stuff about motor racing have even been and say its great! :D

Was reading today that James Allen seems to think that the decision to stiff Mark was most likely Newey's decision. No outside Red Bull pressure on Red Bull Racing and most likely was Adrians preference for Vettel as a driver that saw him get the part

Like has been said dozens of times in this thread, i just hope the RB team doesn't implode before the season's out. I think it's gone a bit beyond the 'healthy rivalry' Webber and Vettel kept referring to in press conferences..

This came today in an email entitiled, "RESPECT RUNS DEEP AT RED BULL RACING":

"We’ve already debriefed the race weekend at the factory and have cleared the air. It’s now understood that, should we face this unlikely dilemma again, preference will go to the championship points leader.

I, for one, will be waiting to see if it actually turns out that way.

"We’ve already debriefed the race weekend at the factory and have cleared the air. It’s now understood that, should we face this unlikely dilemma again, preference will go to the championship points leader.

....and yet this has been the position all along except that pit strategy and positioning for quali haven't always gone to the beat of this drum.

If it looks like spin and sounds like spin then......

SV will be favoured that is how it is. They will try harder to not be seen to be favouring him but I can't see Helmut backing off his push for his boy.

Horner has revealed that he didnt even tell Webber in peson they were taking his wing and the reasons. it was up to his engineer to tell him what was happening. MY GAWD that is bad people management and no wonder it turned into a dog's breakfast

Horner has revealed that he didnt even tell Webber in person they were taking his wing and the reasons. it was up to his engineer to tell him what was happening. MY GAWD that is bad people management and no wonder it turned into a dog's breakfast

no wonder webber was pissed off. the least horner could have done was tell him to his face and give his bullshit reasons in person. he was probably afraid webber would kick his ass....

still lets hope webber pulls his shit together and keeps on trucking. he's still looking good. I haven't torn up my webber 2010 WDC betting slip just yet!

shame they are drastically changing silverstone. it's already lost a bit of character and moving the straight will be even more damaging. :( the irony is as well the drivers complained that the NEW section is where all the bumps are.

Anyone else notice the McLaren's were very bouncy over the bumps (in new section) compared to other cars?

Slightly stiffer dampening I suppose. Didn't really hurt them results wise but it didn't look ideal.

I wish they hadn't banned testing, i'm sure testing would help the new teams be closer to the back of the group-a pack. How long will it be before an experimental part causes a huge accident when it fails. Like the sauber wings ealier in the year

Anyone else notice the McLaren's were very bouncy over the bumps (in new section) compared to other cars?

Slightly stiffer dampening I suppose. Didn't really hurt them results wise but it didn't look ideal.

I noticed that in quali too. In the race they seemed to really mellow out though.

Nothing as smooth as redbull, but its good to see they have areas to improve on

You have to be kidding...gayest sneaker on the market...surely. And Kimi is gone from F1. It will be an even ore pathetic comeback then Schuey who is 10x as motivated as Kimi woudl ever be.