2010 F1 Season

Roy

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aren't stupid pilots meant to be flying planes instead of capitalizing on team mate's mistfortune?

Not happy at all...especially since seb was hands down the standout driver of the weekend...

Vettel was choking back (tears?) at the post race interview with Webber and Alonso both turning towards him expecting him to blubber. I actually thought Vettel was following team orders by holding back the pack so Webber could run off into the distance, take his stop, then come out behind Vettel for a 1 - 2. In my eyes this would have been a PR win / win for all concerned. Pity the stewards did not agree. Vettel keeps talking about the team, however this is code for 'me'.

Vettel was choking back (tears?) at the post race interview with Webber and Alonso both turning towards him expecting him to blubber. I actually thought Vettel was following team orders by holding back the pack so Webber could run off into the distance, take his stop, then come out behind Vettel for a 1 - 2. In my eyes this would have been a PR win / win for all concerned. Pity the stewards did not agree. Vettel keeps talking about the team, however this is code for 'me'.

I actually thought if it paid off it would have been a brilliant strategy!

It is strange that SV didn't pull away from Alonso once MW got that small break. He was running 2.5sec in front of Alonso which wasn't going to disrupt the Ferrari. Once he was notified of the investigation he pulled his finger out but SV could have easily had 11-12 secs up his sleeve. Enough to cover the drive through.

The race was decided by how he drove after the restart as much as during the restart. I bet he is annoyed as he will have a month to stew over the coulda shoulda woulda's.

what a race! go webber. I got some cash on webber after qualy at 3.50:1 and also put a few bucks on alonso as back-up at 6:1 which I thought was pretty good odds. I was nearly right, very nearly had an alonso win but webbers was much sweeter and not just the pay-off!

How funny that rbr screwed him and it ended up being a fantastic strategy. webber should take the credit though as he made it work by running fastest lap after fastest lap after fastest lap in that middle part of the race. his pace was amazing, they were all inch perfect one lap qualifying type laps (remember how good webber was in the old 1 lap shooutout format?). well done mark.

what can I say about sookbastian ze-tool? he is a masive cry baby and as usual only has himself to blame. again he f**ked up behind a safety car (anyone remember a certain Japanese GP?????).

perfect result for webber. webber on top of the WDC, red bull on top of WCC, no points for hamilton, and vettel 2 places behind him and dirty as hell. yeehaa!

what a race! go webber. I got some cash on webber after qualy at 3.50:1 and also put a few bucks on alonso as back-up at 6:1 which I thought was pretty good odds. I was nearly right, very nearly had an alonso win but webbers was much sweeter and not just the pay-off!

Was on the edge of my seat around mid way. as i am sure you would have been too, i really wanted that Alonso win i think i had 7.5:1 on it! but webbers win was sweeter. i got about 17:1 on him for the win on the championship..

hows rosebergs tyre getting flung throught the lane!?

dangerous as hell!! very lucky bunch of mechanics

I think later in the night several of us realised how lucky we were not to have a dead mechanic. A tyre moving at that speed is quite capable of inflicting fatal injury.

How funny that rbr screwed him and it ended up being a fantastic strategy. webber should take the credit though as he made it work by running fastest lap after fastest lap after fastest lap in that middle part of the race. his pace was amazing, they were all inch perfect one lap qualifying type laps (remember how good webber was in the old 1 lap shooutout format?). well done mark.

what can I say about sookbastian ze-tool? he is a masive cry baby and as usual only has himself to blame. again he f**ked up behind a safety car (anyone remember a certain Japanese GP?????).

perfect result for webber. webber on top of the WDC, red bull on top of WCC, no points for hamilton, and vettel 2 places behind him and dirty as hell. yeehaa!

I'm not convinced it was an attempt by RBR to screw him. Mark's comment in the post-race suggests that it was either his idea or a move that he supported. The simple fact is that by doing what everyone else did he was never going to improve, in fact it could have made things worse with the pit chaos. I was very surprised at how well the soft tyres held on, Mark was generating fastest laps right up to his pit stop. RBR may well have known this was on the cards and given Webz a chance to use the mass pit stops to his advantage. Mark needed clear air if he was going to make any progress, which he was never going to get behind Alonso (see what happened to Vetool after his penalty). Getting out in front after the safety car was the perfect opportunity for Mark to use his superior car speed. I admit I thought Mark's race was ruined when he didn't pit, but it turned out to be his salvation.

yeah agree 100% he was never going to get anywhere by doing what everyone else was doing. I actually thought it was a good move at the time. I was suprised the commentators were saying how his race was over etc because he didn't pit under safety car. I thought it was a great idea. i mean he was in the fastest car on the grid so by staying out and getting to the front he'd have a chance to use it. the only unknown (for me) was how long the softs would last. he still had to make it work though with lap speed and he did it. :domokun:

I thought he was screwed due to a flashback to an earlier race (I think it was canada) Where he also found himself out in front and yet to pit and trying to open up a big enough gap, but then the tyres went off.

But as it turned out, a brilliant strategy and a great drive to put in about 20 qualifying laps one after the other.

Edited by Smity42

Was on the edge of my seat around mid way. as i am sure you would have been too, i really wanted that Alonso win i think i had 7.5:1 on it! but webbers win was sweeter. i got about 17:1 on him for the win on the championship..

I reckon webber's probably shortened a bit now, but I reckon I'll still put something on him before Spa