SAU Community

2010 F1 Season

Roy

Doesn't seem to have kept touch as well during the development year.

Who's to know- Maybe the chassis he inherited from Heikki hasn't particularly been compatible with his driving style. His version of the MP4-26 may suit him better.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On Saturday evening on the way from the Interlagos circuit to his hotel in Morumbi, Jenson Button and the other occupants in the car in which was travelling were attacked by armed assailants. Vodafone McLaren Mercedes had provided both Jenson and team-mate Lewis Hamilton with bullet-proof vehicles driven by police drivers, who had been trained in avoidance techniques and were armed. The police driver of Jenson’s vehicle reacted swiftly and, using avoidance techniques, rapidly forced his way through the traffic, taking Jenson and the other occupants of the car away from any danger and back to their hotel. Neither Jenson nor the other occupants of the car – his father John Button, his trainer Mike Collier and his manager Richard Goddard – were hurt. The Sao Paulo authorities have also acted efficiently and will be providing additional security to transfer Jenson and other senior Vodafone McLaren Mercedes personnel to the Interlagos circuit for Sunday’s Brazilian Grand Prix.

The attack is not the first in F1 in Sao Paulo and there are bound to be questions asked about whether it is wise to continue visiting a facility where F1 people are targets for local thieves and hoodlums.

Need Alonso to take Webber at the restart....

If it finishes like this, I'd still back Webber to take the WDC over Alonso because RBR is looking unbeatable barring any unforseen incidents...

Sounds strange given that he's still leading the WDC, but unfortunately I can't see him winning it..

He's 8 up on Webber. I can't see RBR not finishing 1-2 at the next race (unless something goes wrong obviously). Alonso MUST split the RBR's to take the title

Sounds strange given that he's still leading the WDC, but unfortunately I can't see him winning it..

He's 8 up on Webber. I can't see RBR not finishing 1-2 at the next race (unless something goes wrong obviously). Alonso MUST split the RBR's to take the title

the next race is a ferrari race!

Ferrari should be able to match RBR or quicker than them, due to the type of circuit

If all the cars remain reliable for the final 2 races, Alonso will probably win the WDC.

Here is the math:

SV: wins both: 256

MW: 2nd in both: 256 (SV ahead on wins)

FA: 3rd in both: 261 (still beats MW and SV)

FA: 3rd in 1, 4th in 1: 258 (STILL beats MW and SV)

LH: wins both: 260

LH: wins 1, 2nd in 1: 253

MW: wins 1, 2nd in another: 263

FA: 2nd in 1, 3rd in another : 264

In other words, if MW doesn't win at least ONE of the races, FA really just has to score 3rd and 4th, provided LH doesn't win both. And EVEN if MW wins 1 and comes 2nd in another, FA just has to score 2nd and 3rd to win.

Of course this assumes both FA and MW don't crash/blow up in the race.

The only thing realistic thing MW can hope for is FA's last engine to need replacing before the race. But even with a 10 place grid drop, FA could conceivably still score 4th.

As much as I want Alonso to win it, you haven't taken into account the fact that if it's Vettel leading Webber in the final race, and Alonso is in 3rd, that Vettel will surely move over for Webber (given that he cannot win the title even with a win with Alonso in P3), which will give Webber 10 points over Alonso, winning the WDC by 2.

The only way Alonso is winning the WDC is if he can split the RBR's, beat them both, or they make a mistake/DNF and finish down the order or out of the points completely.