2010 F1 Season

Roy

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will be anticipating improvement from the European rounds in two weeks but Merc GP will have their work cut out.

There was talk during testing before Bahrain that the car suited Nico's driving style more and MS didn't like its disposition to understeer.

Sebvet and Lewis oppy-lock out of pit boxes was cool

yeah they both had it lit up nicely! it was cool.

and agree, sanchez stooged massa badly. I imagine massa would be pretty pissed about it. he would have been sitting on redline queued up behind sanchez waiting for his turn in the pit box. would have loved to hear what he said about it on the radio..... haha.

yeah schuey's performance has been a bit disappointing but hardly un-expected. I don't think anyone with half a brain really expected him to be straight up the front in the merc. it is a bit surprising though how far behind rosberg he's been. I'm not sure what exactly the problem is, but I'm kind of sad he did make a come back. he did the right thing retiring at the top of his game. it's never a good idea to come back. especially to come back to a car that is not a front runner really.

So the real pecking order will be established soon. Irvine, Rubens, Herbert etc all have said that Schuey's car development has affected the performance of his team mates (excuses perhaps) But he has always liked a very pointy / oversteery car. So based on what the Brawn was last year, on the weekend it was clear he was struggling with understeer.... to boot Rosbery seems to be doing fine. Will all the car decelopments coming on line at Merc be to suit Schueys feedback. Ie improving the front end? I think its safe to assume it will be whatever the guys has said is needed and i am curious whether the car development is going to hurt Rosbergs pace or improve it. History tells us it will hurt his pace

So how does everyone feel about Schumacher's return?

He's performances haven't been stellar and his team mate Rosberg is totally killing him at the moment.

Are the reflexes, drive and passion gone?

Is he taking a while to get back into the swing?

Does the car not suit his driving style?

Or is he just having bad luck?

I thought it funny that people were expecting Rosberg to be playing 2nd fiddle to Schumacher in the MercGP team. Seems the shoe is on the other foot?

was that the 4th GP? I'm prepared to give him more time.

Lots of fun watching him befuddle "the world's greatest overtaker" repeatedly despite the obvious difference in the cars' performance.

I too couldn't believe the two ferrari's racing each other in the pit entry! that was pretty hardcore. still I guess no one wants to be the sucker queued up behind their team mate waiting for a tyre change. it was a pretty ballsy move though.

lols at that, would have been fantastic if they'd taken each other out.

yeah schuey's performance has been a bit disappointing but hardly un-expected. I don't think anyone with half a brain really expected him to be straight up the front in the merc. it is a bit surprising though how far behind rosberg he's been. I'm not sure what exactly the problem is, but I'm kind of sad he did make a come back. he did the right thing retiring at the top of his game. it's never a good idea to come back. especially to come back to a car that is not a front runner really.

Ditto. He's pretty much performing as I thought he would, good but not great. There's a reason F1 drivers retire in their late 30s, you start to lose your edge at that age, even the "great" Schu. Definitely should have stayed retired but I guess hanging out in his elebenty-million euro castle was too boring. I don't think he's going to see out his three years either, I think that "other commitments" will lure him away at the end of this year.

The stats were always against him, in the 60 years of F1 only a handful of races have been won by drivers over 40. The last one was Nigel Mansell ... remember his "comeback"?

I think most the drivers are too soft. They dont even drinkl between P3 and Quali....suds in the breeze in pit lanes while hitting on grid girls....the drivers are soft

maybe Fatz needs to give 'em some pointers

Haven't been around the SAU boards for a while.

Here's some pics from the Melbourne GP

Oh and i am proud of my iphone camera skills to get the Renault in focus :blink:

Got to meet a few of the drivers

And Still one 1 GP i have been to with out a Senna driving

post-26183-1271840568_thumb.jpg

post-26183-1271840639_thumb.jpg

post-26183-1271840687_thumb.jpg

post-26183-1271840763_thumb.jpg

post-26183-1271840988_thumb.jpg

Edited by Whiplash

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/15197.html

Pirelli express interest in F1 return..

They support Michelin's proposal for 18 inch tyres and a greater relevance for road and sports car racing technology...

How could F1 say no to two premier tyre suppliers, with Avon as a third possibility..

Tyre war? BRING IT!

I think most the drivers are too soft. They dont even drink

A guy I work with met Heikke and his trainer... his trainer says he allows him to eat pizza only once a year... on his birthday.... hmmmmm

Didn't Keke Rosberg used to smoke a pack between sessions? lol

You don't see the pit crew wearing stubbies and thongs any more either. The times they are, uh- becoming quite different.

p.s Maybe that's Heikki's problem- Pizza deficiency