SAU Community

Problem With Fuel And Tempurature Gauge

hi all

I recently bought a 04 white v35, found problem with fuel gauge. I filled up the tank the needle only display 3/4 full and fuel light alway on. the tempurature guage / needle does not move at all. took the car dealer as still until warranty. they used a scanner and says fuel system and temperature is running normal. it just doesnt display correctly and need calibration.

it is schdule to be fixed in jan next month

is it big problem? any one have similar problem? how can this happen?

apart from these, the car runs fine and speedo is correcy

I hope these are small problem and hope to resolve asap so i can enjoy the ride.

hi all

I recently bought a 04 white v35, found problem with fuel gauge. I filled up the tank the needle only display 3/4 full and fuel light alway on. the tempurature guage / needle does not move at all. took the car dealer as still until warranty. they used a scanner and says fuel system and temperature is running normal. it just doesnt display correctly and need calibration.

it is schdule to be fixed in jan next month

is it big problem? any one have similar problem? how can this happen?

apart from these, the car runs fine and speedo is correcy

I hope these are small problem and hope to resolve asap so i can enjoy the ride.

Hi Mate,

I have just bought a new 04 white V35 coupe and I am also facing the exact same problem. Fillled up the whole tank and needle only went to 3/4 full. My needle moves but tends to be quite inaccurate. My light is fine though. Did you happen to get this fixed?

Thanks.

I have just bought a new 04 white V35 coupe and I am also facing the exact same problem. Fillled up the whole tank and needle only went to 3/4 full. My needle moves but tends to be quite inaccurate. My light is fine though. Did you happen to get this fixed?

I had the same problem with my 92 Maxima. I'd like to blame it on a dirty resistive track on the fuel sender in the tank but with all the fuel sloshing around, that should keep it clean. I ended up fixing mine myself by painting a thin film of conductive carbon ink on the worn pads but this stuff isn't cheap to come by (about $200 a bottle) but I use it for a number of other applications in my line of work so that was my justification for it.

I'm not sure if you can just get that as a replacement part. I do remember asking around for my own reference including my favourite Nissan dealership but I can't remember if I had to get the whole assembly (minus the pump) or not.

Edited by The Max

Where did you guys get your car from?

My fuel gauge is the same. I fill up and only 35 litres can go in and the gauge fluctuates from full to three quarters full so at half full the gauge shows empty and the empty light comes on. Any clues????

My fuel gauge is the same. I fill up and only 35 litres can go in and the gauge fluctuates from full to three quarters full so at half full the gauge shows empty and the empty light comes on. Any clues????

It is usually the fuel sensor, know fault check the US g35 sites for more detail.

With the needle on the temp you can do some checking yourself. get the servicing manual and they have a sequence you need to do with the ignition and the pedals to enter into diagnostic modes to test the dash. This will tell you if there is an actual problem with the needles or the dash.

Edited by ther

it is scheduled to be fixed by a electrician in january. will let you guys know how it goes.

the dealer says it is electronic problems. he used a scanner to check tempuratue and fuel and said it was correct.

I hope it is only electronics problem

• 3 months later...

Ok I can Confirm now that cleaning the Fuel Sensor with Q-tip is working. First my fuel gauge only shown 3/4 full when filled up to the max. Now it's all fix now.

pw350gt, do you think i can get a mechanic to do this for me. I am not confidence doing this Diy. how long did it took you"?

Ok I can Confirm now that cleaning the Fuel Sensor with Q-tip is working. First my fuel gauge only shown 3/4 full when filled up to the max. Now it's all fix now.

I think your Mechanic should take that long to do it for you. It took me an hour because i spilled the Fuel onto the Rubber O-ring and it expanded. TOOK me heck a long time and frustration to put it back. As long there isn't a problem with O-ring, i don't think it'll take that long at all probably 30 Min.

I Suggest leave the Fuel at about 1/4 full to be on safe side. If you are not confident just show your Mechanic the steps how to do it.

Good luck