SAU Community

Vq35de 5 Speed Auto Diff

Am after the V35 auto ratio of 3.3, which is different to all the R33 and R32 ratios

Your other options are to see if a 3.3:1 FD ratio is availabe aftermarket.

Otherwise, find a manual diff and see if someone with a slusho FM platform car wants to do a swap of the ratio. The speedo reads off the rear ABS sensor on our cars so changing the FD does not put the speedo out, and in the US its quite popular with auto owners to do a 3.5:1 (or even a 3.7:1) FD ratio swap.

Thanks for the comments, scathing.

Understand diff ratio will not affect speedo accuracy.

There is a 2006 manual Z33 diff on ebay for $250, would have bought it if it were right. The US guys quote $500 for the parts for a ratio change. Then I would have to get someone to do it (I can install the diff). Probably $1000+

Am looking at buying a low km 2005 Z33 auto diff from a wrecker, which will give me lsd (stop VDC going off all the time), just it is expensive, $800+.

There is a 2006 manual Z33 diff on ebay for $250, would have bought it if it were right. The US guys quote $500 for the parts for a ratio change. Then I would have to get someone to do it (I can install the diff). Probably $1000+

Is that diff on eBay the entire pumpkin as an enclosed unit, or is it just the internals?

If its the former, you could see if someone with a slusho Z wants to just do a direct swap. Maybe offer them a VLSD fluid flush on the 3.5 FD you're giving them to sweeten the deal, which shouldn't cost a great deal extra. They drop their diff off their car and you fit it to yours, and call it quits. You wouldn't need to open anything up, which would bring down costs as you don't need new washers and seals and shit.

You could even offer to do the install for them, if they're happy to trust you with it, so it'd cost them absolutely nothing for a 3.5:1 VLSD conversion on their car.

Hi Guys

Am after a diff out of a VQ35DE 5 speed auto.

Anybody have a spare?

Regards

Might have one just got to work out how cheap I can get it for you.......... In other words f**cking cheap.

Thanks, Nigel

Sounds very good. Send me a PM.

Thanks for the comments scathing, just thought there was too much risk mucking around with the diff on ebay. Someone else bought it in the end (mmm maybe I alerted them to it). Didn't want to get stuck with another part I don't really need. Anybody after a 6 speed box? haha