SAU Community

Spotted!!

Shell

haha nice yea i was their with the girlfriend i was like oh skyline better park behind it cause i couldnt park next to you :D

cheers for the comments :) yours looked nice and tidy too i feel really bad now that i didnt get a sunroof though everytime i see others with one i think god damn it <_<

spotted Leech (I think, not to familiar with everyone) parked behind me this evening at the tuggy mall near the good guys. The 34 wheels I think make it look like a new car!

haha

yeah saw you doin the rounds through dicko mate :D car sounded tuff!

d

Yeh it sounds O.K. i thought my exhaust was turbo back though, had a look underneath properly last week and its only cat back with standard cat CRIMINAL...my little moty bike sells tomorrow so i am putting aside $3k from that to spend on my car... fun times

Turbo-Cat pipe

New Cat

Apexi boost control add on for my PFC

Blitz front mount

Fuel pump

Fuel pressure reg.

Adjustable Cam gears

Oh yeah and new rubber on Saturday

Had a chat to the lads at the zorst place in braddon, what do people think about their idea bout rotating the plenum (the standard one) to shorten the piping distance to reduce lag when putting in the front mount?

adamACT33 = adam kercher?

nah mate, another Adam. I've used the nick astram here but have only ever posted a few times. That account doesn't wanna work for me anymore so I made a new one. I'm a belco guy so I tend not to run into many of the posters here (who seem to be mainly south-siders :D)

Had a chat to the lads at the zorst place in braddon, what do people think about their idea bout rotating the plenum (the standard one) to shorten the piping distance to reduce lag when putting in the front mount?

Quite simply... Dont.

It is a method used by some guys to reduce the amount of bends in the piping and reduce the amount of work the air has to do to get from A to B. However... it does work when you spend the money and replace the standard plenum with an a/m plenum (.e Greddy). what doesnt work is when you use the standard plenum that has been cut and welded. You see what happens is:

the standard plenum has the intake on the side and is designed to distribute air evenly between all clyinders. When you change where the intake is (move it to the front) the air enters the plenum unevenly and services the first three clyinders more so than the back three. What also happens is:

The plenum is designed to have air enter it and pressurise by bouncing of the walls of the plenum. If that air then has to travel three times as far before it hits anything??? Which agan goes back to the cylinders furthest away from the intake being lean.

Where the idea comes from is the a/m plenums that are designed properly to disperse the air evenly. You will notice that most of these plenums start to thin out at the back end. These do the Job fine and you wont have any issues, but having said that I dont remember anyone really getting that much out of it.

Quite simply... Dont.

It is a method used by some guys to reduce the amount of bends in the piping and reduce the amount of work the air has to do to get from A to B. However... it does work when you spend the money and replace the standard plenum with an a/m plenum (.e Greddy). what doesnt work is when you use the standard plenum that has been cut and welded. You see what happens is:

the standard plenum has the intake on the side and is designed to distribute air evenly between all clyinders. When you change where the intake is (move it to the front) the air enters the plenum unevenly and services the first three clyinders more so than the back three. What also happens is:

The plenum is designed to have air enter it and pressurise by bouncing of the walls of the plenum. If that air then has to travel three times as far before it hits anything??? Which agan goes back to the cylinders furthest away from the intake being lean.

Where the idea comes from is the a/m plenums that are designed properly to disperse the air evenly. You will notice that most of these plenums start to thin out at the back end. These do the Job fine and you wont have any issues, but having said that I dont remember anyone really getting that much out of it.

Yeh Cheers mate, i was not too keen on the whole idea really, just wanted to know what people thought!!Advice taken though

Spotted a stock looking dark blue R32 GT-R on the Parkway on the way to work this morning a bit before 8am

A black R34 25GT-t in the pool carpark in Civic about the same time

and 'MSPEC2' on Allara street, about the same time :P

Quite simply... Dont.

I have heard that before, but I have also talked to a few guys who use a modified front throttle standard plenum and they have all said that if you have an adjustable air/fuel computer then you can get it to run fine, and you do save alot of lag.

It depends on how the engine is tuned though, like I said you must have an adjustable ecu though too.

Oh and BTW I have one of those plenums with piping to suit an R33 for sale if anyone is interested! :O

Edited by R31DET