SAU Community

Spotted!!

Shell

Had a run along the parkway with a white R34. Pretty sure the driver is on here, just cant remember your name. Car looked awesome, especially with those eyelids. just a shame you had to see mine in its current totally-dirty state!

Had a run along the parkway with a white R34. Pretty sure the driver is on here, just cant remember your name. Car looked awesome, especially with those eyelids. just a shame you had to see mine in its current totally-dirty state!

Thanks mate. Was admiring the dish on your rear wheels, will have to get me some new wheels some day!

Wow, must be alot of skyline owners in weston area.

I was at weston car wash last night at around 9:30pm and there was a R31 next to me. Mark I think it was. Hope you had good luck with the rego.

also just spotted another red R31 on athollon just then with a big R31 skyline australia sticker on the window.

How's the new car going champ??

its awesome, i love it <3 got shawn to tell me what i was doing wrong so im enjoying it more now :glare: just have to stop myself clicking on the parts for sale section lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I've used the same style crimps on 600VAC, well above 25A. When I'm writing a bill of material for a design, I base it on what it's rated for and nothing more. If I measured every neck of every terminal I used, I'd get fired and presumably sent to an insane asylum. You're over thinking it. Now this only applies if he's using a name brand terminal and not a ching chong meow ali express special. My Radium hanger uses much smaller bulk heads and ring terminals and they're cold to the touch.  As for my question concerning the nylon lock nut, crimps and if the ring is properly landing on the bulkhead, what I was getting at is if the bulkhead landing area is small and the ring terminal is oversized for the stud and not making a good contact, it could cause the heat with a nylock. As for the heat, if that's in fact a nylon lock nut and the nylon liquified which is what it looks like in that picture, it took some serious heat! Something was poorly done here, perhaps loose nuts or the crimps themselves. Looking at those crimps, it looks like he didn't use "Insulated terminal" crimpers as there's no indent anywhere to be seen. 
    • This is a legendary thread!! Exactly what I needed after searching for so long, thanks dude. 
    • Bah. That bit there can't be more than 0.5mm thick, and only about 6mm wide. That's only 3mm2 XS area**, which is a lot smaller than any other part of that circuit. (Although, granted, the wire inside the tank on that blue ring crimp looks a lot smaller than the wire outside!). The equivalent neck on the blue crimp has to be even smaller. **And yeah, I realise that 3mm2 should be able to carry ~30A. But something has to be the weak link here, and that is the narrowest part of the whole thing. So, unless the crimps are bad and causing high voltage drop, the next most likely suspect has to be the necks. The face area of the ring onto the passthrough's landing would have to be multiples of the neck's XS area. So long as they started out tight they (the ring contact face) never should have been the source of the heat. Same with the suspicion of the possible nyloc. If it started out tight, it shouldn't have ever gotten hot enough to melt the nylon, loosen and then cause the heat that melted the nylon. The circular argument has to start elsewhere. If it were me, I'd be thinking about some other sort of passthrough that doesn't require the nuts and ring terminals for conductivity. If there were passthroughs that had direct crimps on both sides, they'd be single use, but they would have metal to metal interfaces only at the crimps. Would be solid metal between the crimps.
    • Those yellow ring terminals are usually UL rated to 48-50A, and the blue ones to 30A. 105C. I doubt that's your issue. What's oozing out of the top of that nut? Is that a nylon lock nut? Does your bulkhead fitting have enough landing for your ring terminal to make good contact on both sides? Bad contact = Heat. Also check your crimps. Once crimped, confirm it's done properly by trying to pull the wire and ring apart. It should not budge. 
    • I usually rip off the insulation off those terminals and crimp them down without it (to get a better crimp) then heat shrink over the top. Man, just PWM your fuel pump and enjoy life lol.