SAU Community

Spotted!!

Shell

yesterday i spotted:

1. Bullet32 going home along Canberra Ave around 5.40pm ish. gave a wave/got a wave (finally! :thumbsup:).

2. shortly after a blueish purpleish r32 GTR heading the same direction.

3. a gun metal r32 gts-t parked at the swinger hill shops at around 6pm. i heard you leave, car sounded great. RB20's give 1 of the best exhaust notes ever...

last monday i spotted a white r33 GTR leaving fyshwick in the early afternoon. gave it a squirt and was pretty quick. looked sweet too....

Drove to Sydney to pickup my GTR wing and boot (gen-u-wine :)) and spotted two 34 GTRs (1 blue (pulled into right lane to let him merge onto Hume Hwy and he absolutely flew past me, he would of been going around 200km) and the other was black) and 1 black GTT.

Good days spotting, cant complain about seeing 2 34 GTRs :)

spotted a BMW 850I V12 :P i thought it looked pretty old. Turns out they were released in the late 80's for get this... around $220,000... now I am no mathematician but wouldn’t $220,000 in the 80’s would be a S^#t load of money back then for a car... now a days it's probably not seen as a stupid amount for that sort of car but i mean back then that would almost be bugatti veyron money :closedeyes: ... anyways they can now be had for around 30 - 40K :no:

http://yahoo.drive.com.au/Editorial/Articl...?ArticleID=9682

I dont know if you know Leigh but I used to work for BMW and we had all sorts of problems with the 850i's... They werent the best built beemer ever thats for sure.

They also didnt sell very many because of the price tag, they were a BIG flop for BMW and I think they lost a lot money out of it too.

Nice cars though and they go pretty good (even though they weigh 2 tonnes). :closedeyes:

Edited by Bullet32

No I never had the pleasure of even seeing an M1, I dont think that there are any in Australia...

I did get to drive plenty of M3 and M5's though.

By the way, that pic of the red 850i you have there is the "Alpina" model, they were even MORE expensive.

Edited by Bullet32