SAU Community

Spotted!!

Shell

I dont know if you know Leigh but I used to work for BMW and we had all sorts of problems with the 850i's... They werent the best built beemer ever thats for sure.

They also didnt sell very many because of the price tag, they were a BIG flop for BMW and I think they lost a lot money out of it too.

Nice cars though and they go pretty good (even though they weigh 2 tonnes). :kiss:

I didn't know that, you would have seen some awesome cars then. I just thought it looked funky i have not really seen anything like it on the road before. Sounded pretty mean when he put his foot down, It was a black one by the way.

i have seen that one around also.

The M1 brings back memories - my uncle runs a garage in Zurich and he got one of these in by chance for a checkup (not in racing livery of course):

AML20070401-120014.jpg

AML20070324-120019.jpg

i only just noticed now that the front of the 850 looks like it was lifted from the 1972 bmw turbo concept, is that right mick?

72bmw_turbo_5.JPG

I didn't know that, you would have seen some awesome cars then. I just thought it looked funky i have not really seen anything like it on the road before. Sounded pretty mean when he put his foot down, It was a black one by the way.

Yeah, there are 2 black ones geting around the ACT I believe... They sound mean when you put the foot down because they have an "active" exhaust, which just means that there is a butterfly in each pipe that opens right up when youre into it and closes slightly when youre cruising to help save fuel, which you'd need to do when youre driving a 5 litre V12... They did have 300bhp and heaps of torque standard though, so they got up and moved pretty well.

i only just noticed now that the front of the 850 looks like it was lifted from the 1972 bmw turbo concept, is that right mick?

72bmw_turbo_5.JPG

Looks that way doesnt it...

Have you guys heard about the M8 concept that BMW was going to produce?

They scrapped it but it was going to be based on the 8 series but using a wide wheel base, lighter body and chassis but it was going to have a 5.7 litre V12 producing 550bhp! Niiiiiice.

Spotted a nice white 32 gtst-t at braddon bp around 5pm, had a chat to the owner, not on the forums, invited him to texikhana. Also spotted a purple black r32 east bound on barry drive around 5:10pm.

Spotted a silver V35 350GT with two big cannons and its lights on (The back looks damn MEAN with the lights on!) go past as I was heading towards the glenloch roadworks. Looked sooooo good!

The rain came and went before the tow truck showed up. It took about 3 hours to get me home as because the transfer case was shagged, he had to use the 'dolly' as he wasn't driving a flat bed.

What a mess, there's a gaping hole in the transfer case and chunks of stuff everywhere. I have my old auto gearbox and the transfer cases look identical so hopefully I can just swap them over and get back on the road.