SAU Community

Spotted!!

Shell

Failing a Dickson inspection, thats expected... If you own a Skyline you can be pretty sure that you will fail.

What did you fail on?

-need matching width tyres/rims

-suspension is making wheel foul on sway bar or something

-spoiler light not working

-oil leak from gearbox

-aftermarket turbo requires engineers report+ possible emissions test

not as bad as it could have been but still not cool :thumbsup:

Its awsome when the 30c p/l ones are out, fill both tanks in the troopy :D . Helious, you would know Steve from the Manuka store yeh? Has a red AE86 and a red F100.

Nah I only work at epic one and never anywhere else due to staff shortages...almost forgot the smiley face on this line of text... :)

I don't work Fridays only Saturday and Sunday day and I clean the slushie machines on monday and then have my night shift on Tuesday. Like most of us I like having my fridays off, which is how its been since ive ever worked anywhere. As for the 8c, you get a special voucher if you spend some amount of money on your 'Coles Myer Source mastercard' So I keep a spare next to me all the time :)

Anywho spotted a r32 or r33, forgot as was distracted by memory loss, but had a black bonnet...I think it was a r32...anyway i waved :)

And who is it I serve at my work on weekends now and then with the silver r34...you told me you are on SAU :(

Edited by Helious

-need matching width tyres/rims

-suspension is making wheel foul on sway bar or something

-spoiler light not working

-oil leak from gearbox

-aftermarket turbo requires engineers report+ possible emissions test

not as bad as it could have been but still not cool :blush:

Not good...

Staggered fitment wheels and after market turbo will need engineering, but if the turbo is low mounted on the standard manifold, you might be able to get away with not engineering it if you dont tell them that its aftermarket.

I'll warn you though, if you have to get an emissions test and engineers certificate youre up for a fair amount of cash... Probably around $1,000.

But can I ask why you went to Dickson? You might be able to go somewhere else and not have them pick on you so much.

I was told when I changed the rego over to ACT, to take it to dickson, as the rb25 motor meant it had too many mods. So maybe that's why he has to go to dickson. since it sounds like it was unregistered for a time.

Ahh the nightmares of Dickson pit.... I had those days. Many of our MR2 club members get caught out in that too. They pick you on everything including the ones that comply - and I had to make a complaints to RTA guys in the office (not the inspectors).

Not sure how my GTR will comply.

Simon's car is from Vic. Hence his trip to the pits.

You dont have to go to Dickson for that, when I changed my rego from NSW to ACT I just found a workshop that was certified and had a chat with the bloke who does the checks and he said that he would "go easy" on me, so he did it and it passed...

I would avoid the Dickson pits like the plague if it was me...

Not good...

Staggered fitment wheels and after market turbo will need engineering, but if the turbo is low mounted on the standard manifold, you might be able to get away with not engineering it if you dont tell them that its aftermarket.

I'll warn you though, if you have to get an emissions test and engineers certificate youre up for a fair amount of cash... Probably around $1,000.

But can I ask why you went to Dickson? You might be able to go somewhere else and not have them pick on you so much.

ive gotta find some wheels to take over the pits but that shouldnt be toooo hard,

they spent a while uming ar arring about the turbo then they got the cranky old scotish guys opinion and he got them to write down non standard turbo fitted requires engineers, possible emissions test.

on the inspection sheet the guy only wrote down "non standard fitted, requires engineers, possible emissions test" .......non standard what fitted :S

ive gotta find some wheels to take over the pits but that shouldnt be toooo hard,

they spent a while uming ar arring about the turbo then they got the cranky old scotish guys opinion and he got them to write down non standard turbo fitted requires engineers, possible emissions test.

on the inspection sheet the guy only wrote down "non standard fitted, requires engineers, possible emissions test" .......non standard what fitted :S

Ive got wheels (GTST) that will get you passed, but not sure of how the rubber fared on the skid pan as to whether they will pass. You're welcome to come and see.

As soon as the old Scottish bugger gets involved, youre screwed... Ive heard many many horror stories...

To bad mate, sorry to hear it.