SAU Community

Spotted!!

Shell

Could just do power cleans or hang cleans.

Before I actually reply I need to clear some shit up with these lifts, will ask the question in gym and supp thread if you care to input :P it's to do with defining each lift, since they're all very f**king similar yet have completely different names that seemingly mean one thing but in fact mean something else.

Before I get the question answered, I'll just be retarded - I've occasionally chucked in a bunch of cleans (be it power cleans from knee height, or whatever the f**k it is from the ground) towards the end of my back or shoulder sessions. If it was a shoulder sesh I'll usually continue the movement through to the overhead press, though if it's just back that session I'll increase the weight and not add the press.

So remember it this way:

Clean and jerk = putting it over your head after the clean part.

Power clean is from the ground.

Hang clean is from arm straight then clean, without it touching the ground.

If I was doing a split Resistance training program, such as you are doing Troy if I was going to do these would be on back day.

So remember it this way:

Clean and jerk = putting it over your head after the clean part.

Power clean is from the ground.

Hang clean is from arm straight then clean, without it touching the ground.

If I was doing a split Resistance training program, such as you are doing Troy if I was going to do these would be on back day.

See now I'm a little more confused - see:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/200767-gym-and-supplement-discussion/?p=7097614

So your first two descriptions are wrong but your last two are correct.

As I said, a power clean is starting from the floor and up to shoulders.

Hang clean is loaded bar off the ground (i.e. hanging at knee height...or however long your arms are) and then cleaning it to shoulders.

No, I was going to Storm, been doing MMA for about 6 years. Did Muay Thai for about 4 or 5 previously, plus police boys club boxing and a couple other things when I was a kid.

I was training under James Te Huna when I lived in Sydney.