SAU Community

Spotted!!

Shell

Yeah I can't remember either. I think I was given it about 4-5 years ago at a Marques in the Park.

Ive swapped out the piece of crap KKR430 i had, for a Garret GT3076R.

Also upgraded to the Vipec V44 ECU

Glenn has tidied up a bit of my shoddy work and theyre tuning the Vipec.

heard it start up for the first time in 2.5 years on Wednesday, really keen to find out how it goes >_<

saw the white 34 its Houn. Didnt see a yello one however.

Oh was it? Dammit i didn't recognise it but I am a bit hopeless lol. Was about 3.30pm. We were driving together for a short while near Narrabundah so maybe you saw him on a different stretch cos you would have seen me for sure.

Spotted JimmyS in his GTR on Northbourne this morning while heading to the EPIC servo...

Also a De-winged Carboned R34 GTR (got a wave) and a Blue GTT between home and EPIC.

Multiples in Goulburn and an R33 with green wheels on the HWY home, plus a Mattish black 33 on Northbourne this arvo...

43178919.jpg

about 1:30 Grey S15 with some really good front end damage on the expressway heading south. Base of the hill heading to the Woden Turn-off.

Spotted Shell in tuggers at the lights and a black 32 GTS-t on Scollay st.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Really sad news to hear!!  I’ve scheduled a post on our SAU FB and Insta for later this morning, which I hope will do him justice!! I tried fitting in some quotes from you all into the post, but stupid FB and Insta have a character limit…  Neil meant a great deal to many people… I remember emailing with him early in my tenure in the committee to get him his (at the time) new Life Member card… he was pretty chuffed - I could tell he loved SAU and it would be from the memories made with all of you…  Rest in Peace Neil!! You’ll be dearly missed!! 
    • That’s fair, my main reason for not throwing the stand alone in right this moment is money lol. Figure I’ll get the thing going as is hopefully, have some fun with it then start throwing fancy parts like that towards it down the road 
    • Hey All, I'm in the process of doing a solid lifter conversion on a series 2 rb25det head from an r33. I've heard some contrasting things online but theres not many resourses on the topic of the solid lifter conversion. A specfic question has led me to make this thread, but would love to hear other peoples experiences with solid lifter converting a non-neo 25 before I go guns blazing... I want to run higher lift cams but Ive read the Nvcs oil pipe runs under the springs on the intake side, leading to less intake valve life. I've seen valve seats for the exhaust side to even up the installed heights of the springs, but i dont know this would help with the lift issue. I have a set of the tomei type B valve springs for the solid lifter conversion which are sold with intake retainers which i think offsets the installed height on intake side? - not sure if exhaust side springs seats are still necessary with this setup but I assume it does the same job as the exhaust seats but allows for higher intake valve lift?  Anyway I have a set of these spring without retainers, and cant find any info on what retainers will work anywhere. Tomei doesnt sell the retainers alone as far as I know and i really dont want to get a full set just for retainers. I was wondering whether there are any other options for retainers which will work? Will I need exhaust spring seats to even the installed heights with these springs? Any help is appreciated. Cheers,  
    • This and this are not in conflict with each other. A good ECU for an RB20 will run something else too.
    • Do you want to borrow it? I don't mind sending it to you. It doesn't get *that* much use! 🙄