SAU Community

Spotted!!

Shell

Nissan never officially made a 4dr GTR, my understanding is Autech got hold of a few 4dr models and dropped a few GTR bits into them (namely engine and 4WD) and then sold them through Nissan dealerships.

The wikipedia page has a dodgy photo of one but you get the idea http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autech

Anyways, spotted a maroon R33 near Woden Hospital today after midday, think it had a GTR kit on it.

Edited by r33skylinegtst

that one at Trojan is a replica very nice job tho. looks good

Pretty insane replica if it is, its got the flared rear gaurds and front gaurds, noting the rear gaurds which i would think would cost a fortune to replicate......

The guys at trojan said the tag says its 1 or 40 ever made....

Very original, although not sure about the gtr badges on the back, had the gtr wheels, rb26, leather bucket seats, flared arches, console gauges etc.

so nice, ultimate sedan!

speaking of trojan, i was there this arvo and saw some nice looking skylines out there, and i think i saw sl33py's car, looked like it

got ovetaken by a silver 34 on the way back from sydney on sunday night.. just north of marulan in that insanely heavy traffic.

also saw a silver 34 with a black bonet doing laps of woden yesterday.. looked nice

sleepys cars getting a new diff i believe, talking about trojan, popped my hood the other day and realised my strut brace had not been refitted at the end of my turbo swap, i was like wtf, howd i not see that, lol, along with a couple of grounding cables that were also not attached props, hmmmm

Yep Zane, new diff and a retune for me. Apparently she's on the dyno as I type :wave: Been a while since I've been able to run it on full boost (not sure why, curious as to the reason). Anyway - can't wait!

Alex: Eep... just go back and ask em to put em back on haha. They probably got distracted when they found the other stuff wrong! Coulda been worse :)

Yep Zane, new diff and a retune for me. Apparently she's on the dyno as I type :wave: Been a while since I've been able to run it on full boost (not sure why, curious as to the reason). Anyway - can't wait!

Alex: Eep... just go back and ask em to put em back on haha. They probably got distracted when they found the other stuff wrong! Coulda been worse :)

Ben, I'd be very curious to find out what your boost issue is mate as I'm going through a very similar thing (booked into Trojan next Tuesday to hopefully sort it)...

Turns out I didn't really have a boost issue, just that my greddy profec was upset by my turbo spooling up fast and making it think it was overboosting... or something to that effect... John fixed it by fiddling with the gain a bit. Still have the same power I think (yet to really give it a hard go and use the pantsometer :sick: ). I wouldn't be surprised if your issue is something else. Tell ya what though, a new diff feels pretty nice! Feels a bit more like a go-kart

Turns out I didn't really have a boost issue, just that my greddy profec was upset by my turbo spooling up fast and making it think it was overboosting... or something to that effect... John fixed it by fiddling with the gain a bit. Still have the same power I think (yet to really give it a hard go and use the pantsometer :blink: ). I wouldn't be surprised if your issue is something else. Tell ya what though, a new diff feels pretty nice! Feels a bit more like a go-kart

Sounds good Ben, I'll be keeping a close eye on your rear diff experiences with chattering etc.

Yeh, I think my boost issue is different. Even without the boost controller connected (std wastegate pressure) i make about 19psi... So we are changing the Dump pipe next Tuesday and putting it back on the dyno.

also saw a silver 34 with a black bonet doing laps of woden yesterday.. looked nice

That was me floating around. i was extremly bored!!! so i went for drives...lol

That was me floating around. i was extremly bored!!! so i went for drives...lol

very very nice looking car.. i saw you driving on that little road past hoyts when i arrived then again when i was leaving you were up on melrose hammering it off the lights.. sounded tough

Sat two cars back from a black 32 with chrome rear wheels and diff set on the front this morning at 7am on tharwa drive the a white 33 passed in the opposite direction.

very very nice looking car.. i saw you driving on that little road past hoyts when i arrived then again when i was leaving you were up on melrose hammering it off the lights.. sounded tough

Yea it does sound tough. i just had a few thing done to tidy it up (interior and new front bar a skirts) so i havent had for a few weeks and missed it and now i cant get myself out of it.

spotted a very nice black stagea on my way to work this morning.

also spotted a couple of "trouble-making" ACT members at a certain green faces event last night at the irish club. you know who you are :P