SAU Community

Monaro found on bricks Westfield shops Liverpool

Hiroshima Screamer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funkymonkey: anyone know if there's a bounty on monaro rims?

As far as know and from what ive heard you cannot buy S/SS/Monaro or HSV rims from the dealer unless you can prove yours were stolen/wrecked etc. They charge big biccies for a set of 18inch Monaro rims (around $7k, the old SS 17s were around $5k), so in a certain sense there is a bounty on a set.

Has anyone heard of any problems at the Castle Hill Towers shopping centre.

I am always parking there and quite often when I get back to my car the motion sensor has gone off. Probably due to thumping exhausts on other cars though.

As for Liverpool my girlfriend has twice had her CD player stolen from her car and its only a Ford laser. Funny thing was last time it happened she could not start the car, thought some wires must have been ripped or something. She called the NRMA and they found that the gearstick (auto) had been knocked out of park.

And yes she is a blond.

No where is safe... 2 weeks ago my car was keyed parked on the street at bondi, right outside her driveway. Not even an alarm will stop stupid people from doing stuff like this...

Bondi? Broadway Shopping Centre?! Man this is where I live!!! I was hoping it would be cool around the Eastern Suburbs?! Looks like I am in for one nasty ride now that I own a Skyline.

But 2 friends of mine who have Alfa Romeo's have also had shit happen to them.

One guy had his bonnet keyed. Badly. And another guy has had his tyres slashed. Both Eastrn Suburbs.

I've parked all over the place with my 'line and had very few problems.. BUT take care at Chatswood Westfield. I thought it was a reasonably safe carpark but within 2 weeks both my car, and my bosses Honda Civic were vandalised. With my car they had jumped on the roof, dented it all in, and dented the bonnet. Stole all my valve caps and let all the air out of one of my front tyres, tried kicking off one of the side GT badges and failed. Bent both my mirrors the wrong way (or tried since they were folded in at the time) but that has stuffed one of them up a bit.

Seems you cant park a car without worrying unless its a $1000 crappy thing you use for day to day.

I've parked all over regularly and never had problems at the following:

Eastgardens: good considering its free parking.

Warringah Mall: No worries again, though after 6pm the boomgate goes up. (9pm on Thursdays).

Broadway, Fox Studios: No worries.

I have parked at Liverpool, Burwood and Parramatta without problems but thats not to say there arent any..

Fark, not Broadway! That was the last shopping centre I took my car. What level were you on when it got broken into?

I was on the street level (big mistake) i was in a hurry and parked the car to an empty spot far away from the walking spot to the shops. Now i know why that spot was empty. There are many junkies hanging around there.

Well my old car got broken into in Liverpool Westfield the first time I have ever parked it there. Three or four other cars were broken into the same night.

Also saw an SS got left on bricks in Broadway. This was on the ground floor very close to the entrance (probably the second row from it).