SAU Community

R33 Gtst Question

First time posting here, been lurking on here for a while now.

Anywho.

I'm going down to brisbane to have a look at a 1993 r33 gts-t with 120k on the clock (might get it, might not). Being on my P plates i know i cannot drive it (not until feb).

Since it will just be me and my mate, we're both on P's. Worse case I'll have to drag my ol' man along for the trip. Now I'm wondering if I disconnect the output of the turbo to the plenum and shove an air filter on at the plenum (or pull of the turbo and block off the exhaust), would I be able to drive it back legally (without getting hassled by the boys in blue) and without harming the car, it's about a 130km drive each way? And I don't plan on driving it anymore until feb.

Cheers

Edited by ResidentPsycho

Iwouldnt. Get the old man to drive it back for you. Turbo cars generally run a much lower compression :). Ever heard a car run with a blown cooler pipe ? Thats what it would run like.

Yeah. Dont bother. Be a nightmare of a thing to drive back like that if it would do it at all without a new ecu and tune. Not to mention the effort to do it.

Get someone else to bring it back for sure.

lol it wont drive with just a pod whacekd on at the plenum... will hardly idle at best.

and blocking the exhaust after removing the turbo............................... dot dot dot........ wheres the exhaust meant to get out? lol, No. dont do that.

+1 get someone to drive it home

My god your kidding me dude....

a) It wouldn't drive without the intercooler piping connected since it is an AFM'd car, would want to stall every split second and go through a tank of fuel in half an hour. Not to mention all the other problems caused from a turbo not being connected like oil leaking from the compresor wheel due there being no differential in pressure on the compressor side compared to the inside of the turbo.

b) Pull off the turbo and block off the exhaust, umm you think a car will drive with a blocked exhaust? And also, you really think it is just a matter of "pulling it off".

And finally, the most important one, why can't people understand this, it is registered and complianced as a turbo car. It doesn't matter if you shoved an Excel motor into it and drove it like that. Registered as a turbo car, complianced as a turbo car, therefore you can't drive it, simple as that.

Sorry if this sounds harsh man, but to say you've been on here reading the forums for a while and then ask a question like that....well really...

Edited by PM-R33

God.... i was only asking for some advice

A) i don't have a turbo car

B) none of my mates have turbo cars

C) most of the shit i've read from people on the net is just that...shit

so how am i suppose to learn without asking some questions? and i didn't know where the afm is on this car.

for the record, that whole blocking off idea i obviously didn't think right through now did i, it was just a last second thought before i posted.

(admins, can you please remove this thread for me? before i make an idiot of myself some more :banana: )

Edited by ResidentPsycho