SAU Community

Loud Noise On Acceleration And Bosch 044 Intank Fuel Issue

pimpek

Hey guys,

Pretty new to the scene and very overprotective of my car hehe just need some help to calm my paranoid mind about my car...

I got 92 R32 GTR and i get this loud mechanical sound upon acceleration at low rpm which almost sounds like its coming from the middle of the car. Usually happens when im 2nd gear and going over a speed bump then accelerate once i've gone over it, as well as driving around a car park or at low speeds in street the noise comes on accelration and then after about 2k rpm the sound just dissappears. Took it to a mechanic and they said everthing is fine and its just a common sound from the gearbox and its normal. Still i find the noise loud and annoying and was wondering if it could be something else such as cv joint or diff. Was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem?

Also had a new Bosch 044intank installed and the car doesnt wanna start as nicely as it did before the swap (spark plugs? battery?)any ideas on this would be a big help

Many thanks

R32s are awesome, of course you are protective ^_^.

Sounds like the transfer case, may need some more fluid. Get your mechanic to check it out (common problem in R32 GT-Rs I believe). When it gets very low it will make a sloshing sound so I don't think yours is serious if much more than normal :) so don't stress. The other possibility is the clutch engagement but without being more specific on the sound I would be inclined to think the first is what you are hearing.

As opposed to Walbro, Nismo, stock fuel pumps the 044 doesn't keep fuel pressure when car is switched off (I forget the exact reason). With that pump all you need to do is let the fuel line prime for 1-2 seconds before you crank the engine. You'll learn to hear the sound when the fuel reaches the fuel rail.

also in regards to the sound possibly being a clutch issue, i have recently installed a 4000 pound heavy duty single plate clutch. to be honest the sound is a bit hard to describe but i would definitely say its a rough mechanical turning sound almost shuddering. dont know if it will help, but yea