Rear Mount / Mid Mount Turbo

jordan101

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah fair enough but thats easier said than done for someone in my position. i would rather get the job done , route all the piping close to the chassis railing and have all in matte black to make it look somewhat stock. otherwise just drive it stock turbo, keep it a sleeper and if i get caught sell up and buy something legal.

So

you can get pinged for- Modified vehicle, Power-Weight, Unroadworthy vehicle, Major defect, EPA, plus the offense for which you are pulled over. This will be expensive, prob get the 5points needed for a loss of license too if you don't have P's up or are speeding etc.

Then if that doesn't put you off, If you are in an accident, TAC injury insurance and your Property insurance won't cover you after they inspect the vehicle.(Assuming write-off accident).

Have I put you off yet?

Buy something sensible, drive sensible, spend the money on other areas of the car, and just enjoy the freedom and learning to drive. R34 GT-V is pretty much an R34 GT-T minus the RB25DET IIRC. Any skyline with an RB25DE will be quick(not fast, fast doesn't matter due to speed limits) enough. R32's do come factory with RB25DE if you look hard enough.

My opinion.

screw it, I'll take the risk and drive a turbo 32/33, when i get pulled over I'll say its my dad's car hopefully the cop is nice bloke, otherwise the worst thing that can happen to me according to vicroads is 3 demerit points and a fine. and then buy another Fiat 124

LOL @ people who try and claim non turbo RB's are in any way fast (RB30 is slightly better, but no rocket).

IMHO don't bother with a Skyline til you can legally drive (and by that time afford) a decent turbo one, you'll thank yourself for it.

screw it, I'll take the risk and drive a turbo 32/33, when i get pulled over I'll say its my dad's car hopefully the cop is nice bloke, otherwise the worst thing that can happen to me according to vicroads is 3 demerit points and a fine. and then buy another Fiat 124

Please then don't post up in 6 months like every other idiot that gets busted and then wants to have a cry about it :P

I wouldnt man....A guy in the qld section, i wont say who, has done just this and he will get screwed

Any officer that see's a kid that cant shave yet in the drivers seat of a turbo car....and doesnt take action is fkn reckless.

Is it really worth it? :P

And what about insurance? If you hit a new bmw, you will be paying it off for the rest of your life.

Edited by r33cruiser

i was thinking that if the car's registered in my dads name and insured in his name with me as second driver i would be alright but thats a risk i don't want to take.

theres a R32 with an RB25DE for sale right now which is is obviously a very sensible idea which I'm considering Plus if i were to do internal Mods theres no way for police to check, right?

i was thinking that if the car's registered in my dads name and insured in his name with me as second driver i would be alright but thats a risk i don't want to take.

theres a R32 with an RB25DE for sale right now which is is obviously a very sensible idea which I'm considering Plus if i were to do internal Mods theres no way for police to check, right?

you'll find you 'won't' be right. Just because you can have insurance, doesn't mean you are covered.

DE & mods - why would you waste your time? Dead money.

Drive it, save the cash, then buy whatever you want 2-3 years from now and spend the cash you've saved.

Drive it, save the cash, then buy whatever you want 2-3 years from now and spend the cash you've saved.

yeah makes sense, sounds like a good idea .

someone else hit the right note.. buy a skyline later down the track and drive something else for now. vtec is good mmmkay. no really it is..

expensive to modify + FWD - but top motor's none-the-less that go very hard

Edited by jordan101

You can't be a secondary driver on a turbo car, forget that bullshit right away. The most important thing is this. If you are driving a car that is banned for you to drive and you get into an accident that kills some one, even if it wasn't directly your fault you will be screwed for life, no insurance, no CTP, nothing, just jail. If you think that is worth the risk than go for it, but your an idiot either way.

Edited by PM-R33

You can't be a secondary driver on a turbo car, forget that bullshit right away. The most important thing is this. If you are driving a car that is banned for you to drive and you get into an accident that kills some one, even if it wasn't directly your fault you will be screwed for life, no insurance, no CTP, nothing, just jail. If you think that is worth the risk than go for it, but your an idiot either way.

wasn't thinking about that stuff - All i thought about was trying to get away with an illegal car.

guess I'm after a GTS25 then, there's one for sale in my state ATM too

wasn't thinking about that stuff - All i thought about was trying to get away with an illegal car.

NO, what your after is a corolla and save the rest for a gtr when you have a full license.

Hey Jordan, whats the point? u dont need to prove to anyone that ur car can go fast. And no, u cant get away with an illegal car. I was extremely, i realized, to never hav been pulled over in the 33 till 2 weeks before i got off my p's. Tryin to hide your turbo,,,blah blah blah will just cost u more and you'll be major screwed with insurance if u crash.

...2 months of school holidays left

NO, what your after is a corolla and save the rest for a gtr when you have a full license.

No dont buy a corolla..........if your going to get an old toyota atleast get a crown/cressida. OR buy a cheap non turbo gts4 :P and do a 26 conversion when you get on to your opens :D easy peasy. That is if you are really intent on buying a skyline now. Otherwise then yes I would drive a shitty old vl or something like that around and just get a gtr when im on my opens. But a corolla.........noooooo

Edited by Lukas 33

Lukas, please change your avatar. I can't stop staring at it, which is a bad thing at work :D so hot

Also, you guys need to l2ACT P's, no restrictions other than BAC ftw?? I think so....tho I'm on my fulls now, so it makes no difference.

My mate's currently on his L's in a ~200rwkw GTT...lovin' the ACT haha

Lukas, please change your avatar. I can't stop staring at it, which is a bad thing at work :D so hot

Also, you guys need to l2ACT P's, no restrictions other than BAC ftw?? I think so....tho I'm on my fulls now, so it makes no difference.

My mate's currently on his L's in a ~200rwkw GTT...lovin' the ACT haha

hahaha very nice. Arent you even allowed fireworks and shit down there? So epic :) fast cars and fireworks, no all they need to bring in is all hot women must be topless rule and Im moving.

Oh yeh, I cant change my display pic or else I wont have anything to look at while at work hahaha