SAU Community

Latest Reports Say New 200sx Back On The Cards?

THENIG

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Nissan can make the car with around 250-300HP and make it under $25k then it will succeed. Otherwise no one will buy it even with the current following of the S-chassis.

Under 25k, another yank on crack, when has an S15 ever sold for under 25k, did they even sell them in the states, oh thats right, you dont get a real silvia, you get the shitty 240sx, seems that the sr20 was not good enough for nissan usa so they had to f**k it with there own shit box engine, thats not unusual tho, everything shit in the 350z is due to nissan america thinking they can design a japanese sports car better than the japanese, maybe if they had used the sr20 from the start in the states the silvia would have a bigger following and would be able to sell for over 25k.

Under 25k, another yank on crack, when has an S15 ever sold for under 25k

If he's talking about USD$25K in his own market, that's not unreasonable. A top-of-the-line 350Z went for around $33K over there.

If Nissan could get a new Silvia to sell in Australia for under AUD$50K, it would do pretty well I reckon. Being $10-15K cheaper than a 370Z should give it a nice clean market separation.

There's not much out there in the affordable coupe market right now, and as much as I like hot hatches I don't see them as a viable replacement for a sports coupe.

With Toyota/Subaru releasing the FT86, and Honda working on a CRX replacement, hopefully things pick up in the lower end of the sports car market.

Under 25k, another yank on crack, when has an S15 ever sold for under 25k, did they even sell them in the states, oh thats right, you dont get a real silvia, you get the shitty 240sx, seems that the sr20 was not good enough for nissan usa so they had to f**k it with there own shit box engine, thats not unusual tho, everything shit in the 350z is due to nissan america thinking they can design a japanese sports car better than the japanese, maybe if they had used the sr20 from the start in the states the silvia would have a bigger following and would be able to sell for over 25k.

Yes...I was referring to 25K USD. Putting the car at a lower price than the 350z/370z. As for us never getting the Sr20, you act like its my fault. Yes I own a "240sx"....but I transplanted an SR so the difference between it and a 180sx or silvia are now virtually nothing.

As for the following here in the states...I would say it is one of the most popular tuner cars in the US right now and has been for the past 10 years.

Really I wish I had access to the cars you do but all I can do is work with what I have and at the moment try to work with an R32 for which I have NO replacement parts.

Edited by R32USA

oh no don't tell me they are going back to a ca18 lol.

I have to agree with everyone else in this thread aswell that the FT86 looks like an awsome car and will be very popular when/if they come out

25K is completely reasonable, just look what you get for under $25K USD now!

Just look at what you get for under 25K on the R-spec, i don't care what people say about Hyundai i think they got their sh#t together and make a decent product. Just ask Toyota, Hyundai is the only manufacturer they are threatened by.

And even if it is made in Korea it will still be more reliable than my 20yo skyline.

Mind you they do sell the base model direct injection V6 camaro in the states for $23K which still drives better than a 2nd hand 350Z for around the same money.

25K is completely reasonable, just look what you get for under $25K USD now!

Just look at what you get for under 25K on the R-spec, i don't care what people say about Hyundai i think they got their sh#t together and make a decent product. Just ask Toyota, Hyundai is the only manufacturer they are threatened by.

And even if it is made in Korea it will still be more reliable than my 20yo skyline.

Mind you they do sell the base model direct injection V6 camaro in the states for $23K which still drives better than a 2nd hand 350Z for around the same money.

which is actually a commodore with a different body on it

which is actually a commodore with a different body on it

Thats what i originally thought but actually other than the engine not that much is interchangeable with a commodore, all the tooling for all the parts in the camaro were built on the other side of the world, none of it is shipped from here (minus the DI V6 engine i think which only started being put into the commodore at the last update).

All the floorpan and suspension are unique to camaro, even the auxiliaries are not a straight swap.

if it is the new camaro, they are based off the commodore platform. the suspension, etc is the same (although it may not be interchangable it is based off the same platform) however they have a different wheelbase, etc. basically you could liken it to being nearly as close to a commodore as the monaro was.

Looks like they're trying to get the aussie market interested.

I didn't even notice that they named the black colour choice of the car 'Bathurst', shame those south koreans drive on the wrong side of the road.

I don't like the idea of a flat 4 at all. Otherwise, great concept. The more fun cars the better!
it's a shame the new 86 is going to be a flat 4.

Did you listen to what he said, he didnt say that the toyota was going to get the boxer engine he said that there unsure weather it was a subaru or toyota test car with the same code FT86, but as it did not sound like a boxer engine there assuming its the toyota.

Why would subaru and toyota be sharing engines?

Did you listen to what he said, he didnt say that the toyota was going to get the boxer engine he said that there unsure weather it was a subaru or toyota test car with the same code FT86, but as it did not sound like a boxer engine there assuming its the toyota.

Why would subaru and toyota be sharing engines?

Quick google search:

"The car is said to be equipped with a Subaru-sourced 2.0-liter four-cylinder boxer engine"

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/spied/08q...rts_coupe-spied

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/22486/201...berty-platform/

Still, until its released we wont know for sure, but in any case it is confirmed the Subaru and Toyota are jointly working together on this one and that it will in fact be a subaru engine.

First time I read it I thought, why, why, why would toyota (who have a name for reliability) go to subaru for an engine. nothing wrong with subaru engines btw, just that I'd rank toyota above them. Just seems odd.

Quick google search:

"The car is said to be equipped with a Subaru-sourced 2.0-liter four-cylinder boxer engine"

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/spied/08q...rts_coupe-spied

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/22486/201...berty-platform/

Still, until its released we wont know for sure, but in any case it is confirmed the Subaru and Toyota are jointly working together on this one and that it will in fact be a subaru engine.

First time I read it I thought, why, why, why would toyota (who have a name for reliability) go to subaru for an engine. nothing wrong with subaru engines btw, just that I'd rank toyota above them. Just seems odd.

I stand corrected, very odd combination, could understand holden doing something like that but toyota make good engines, atleast its almost gaurenteed to have a turbo engine tho.

the new subaru engines are pretty reliable, as are most other japanese engines these days. as for the partnership, i don't see it as that odd. certainly been more odd ones in the past.

as for the engine, i can't think of any rwd toyota vehicles using a 4 cylinder design that are current other than commercial vehicles (utes and vans). same goes for nissan (they do a 6 but not a 4). but the subaru engines are the right setup all they have to do is lose the transfer box and its a rwd. and it is a good way for subaru to possibly get into the rwd sportscar game, provided they don't make their car an awd version.

atleast its almost gaurenteed to have a turbo engine tho.

They've already stated that they're aiming for 147kW (200ps) NA. The original AE86 made a big deal about being NA and quick, if they're trying to build a spiritual successor I don't think that'll change.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a turbo one.

As for why its rocking the boxer 4, I suspect it's because this might have started as a Subaru project. When I first heard about this car it was a Subaru concept first, and then we later found out its a Toyota/Subaru partnership.

With a boxer 4 having such a different shape / layout to an I4, it wouldn't be easy to engineer a platform that can package both engine types and keep the same overall balance.