SAU Community

Latest Reports Say New 200sx Back On The Cards?

THENIG

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turbo was always on the cards, if not from factory... It wouldn't have been long before someone swapped a wrx turbo motor into one...

Thanks for the link scathing, that's 2 awesome looking things to wait for (FT-86 + GT5).. Wonder which one will be released first lol...

boxer helps COG, i'm not complaining, the dealership who will be servicing it for me will be.

This is exactly the kind of car I would look at buying new, Especially the if the toyo is a shorter wheelbase than the subi.

I wouldn't buy an AWD lightweight coupe, defeats the purpose. And NA is a good thing IMO, its good fun. Its not like you can go stupid and maintain your warranty.

I would buy one if its RWD, 1200kg or less, 2door, 2+2 seater ,4cyl, ~150kw, geared for its torque, and a well balanced/engineered chassis/suspension package. And a price to suit people looking at Golf GTI's/WRX's.

i doubt there would be any difference in the wheelbase between the toyota and subi version. that kind of defeats the purpose of doing it as a joint venture.

will just be interesting to see if subaru make this their first wd car or if they go the awd route. you'd think that they'd stick with the rwd in order to not have it as a close rival to the wrx

i doubt there would be any difference in the wheelbase between the toyota and subi version. that kind of defeats the purpose of doing it as a joint venture.

will just be interesting to see if subaru make this their first wd car or if they go the awd route. you'd think that they'd stick with the rwd in order to not have it as a close rival to the wrx

I think it was TMR who rumored that the toyota would be shorter.

There would still be some gains. Even if the length is different, with the engine, suspension engineering etc being the same it will cut down on a fair amount of R&D.

If you have a look at Nissan's FM platform, a lot of the costs are shared across the range but the lengths of the cars (Z33, V35, M35) are all different. They run the same engines and brakes, and the suspension varies only on height and rate (but not overall geometry). A lot of the stuff under the body (like subfames and other bits) are common too. Even the R35's PM platform is based on the FM.

Or, better yet, look at the VAG empire. There are a billion different cars built on the Golf platform, that come in a variety of sizes.

The Toybaru won't be the badge engineered "sharing" that failed in the old days (Commodore/Lexcen, Corolla/Nova style), and platform sharing principles are flexible enough these days to give each manufacturer the ability to build a car that's uniquely their own.

There would still be some gains. Even if the length is different, with the engine, suspension engineering etc being the same it will cut down on a fair amount of R&D.

If you have a look at Nissan's FM platform, a lot of the costs are shared across the range but the lengths of the cars (Z33, V35, M35) are all different. They run the same engines and brakes, and the suspension varies only on height and rate (but not overall geometry). A lot of the stuff under the body (like subfames and other bits) are common too. Even the R35's PM platform is based on the FM.

Or, better yet, look at the VAG empire. There are a billion different cars built on the Golf platform, that come in a variety of sizes.

The Toybaru won't be the badge engineered "sharing" that failed in the old days (Commodore/Lexcen, Corolla/Nova style), and platform sharing principles are flexible enough these days to give each manufacturer the ability to build a car that's uniquely their own.

This man speaks great truth...