SAU Community

Time To Buy My R34 Gt-t! (modding Questions)

Personally think nismo kits look better without the rear wing. :D Hence why most people who have the kit spend like a grand getting the huge rear spoiler removed.

Anyhow, best of luck with your search buddy.

Hey mate the above car looks reasonable for that price but I think you should consider getting one with the things you already want on it. Exhaust, pod, coilovers are quite common and to find a car that already has those mods is only going to cost you roughly around an extra 2k anyways. Now factor in the price of say a good set of coilovers you looking at about 2k for that plus the other things you want to do to the car. So buying one with those mods is going to save you money that your trying to save now. Also I hope you have factored in insurance (approx $1500 for full comp) and rego $600 (if buying privately) and a full service up to $500. I'm sure a lot of guys on here would also agree on having at least an extra 2k in the bank for any unexpected problems. After purchasing my gtt with 68k on the clock my coilpacks went after about 3 weeks of ownership, so that was around $800 for a set of new spitfires. Remember your buying a car thats 10 years old and whether it has low kays things still wear out over time and need changing.

Good luck with your purchase.

Hello people.

After 1.5years of saving, 3 gt-t test drives, endless hours scanning car sales.... it has finally been purchased!!!!

Vehical:

First owner in australia (fresh import)

1998 R34 GT-T 83,000 KM'S

White

Manual

Side Skirts

Turbo Timer

All new Yokohama Radial Tyres

Thats what it has... as for the condition ... WOW! i have lookd at many r34's mostly private sellers and they where never as nice as this.

It is so clean/neat/stock it even has the original tape deck player lol...

Ill give you a run down what i whent through on price / haggle for people who are intersted.

It was advertised at 18,999 Drive away.

I managed to get:

18,500 drive away.

100,000kms Full service done no charge.

5,000kms Regular service had been done a day before i got there (and as me/my mechanic checkd the car) it was obvious the oil/filters etc where new)

12month national platinum warrenty included (was not included as advertised)

the car was going to be if i got it from a private person about $17,250 then u throw on your 1-2k transfer/government fees....

not to mention i got it as the first person in aus so all the import papers would need to be found and all kinds of shit.

the car came with all papers even had original photos of it at the auction in japan and it lookd just as good there as it did in the yard.

Also, i said to him i am very keen at this price/deal we have arranged but to seal the deal i will require a racv check done and if it gets the O.K i will purchase it.

As i find out.... racv dont do checks on imports (mainly skylines lol) so i had to go elsewhere, i said to him if you can pay for it and it checks out you got a deal and if it fails well then its his loss of money.

SO! all going well (check is been done on wednesday) and i did notice the oil pressure guage in the middle wasnt working. He fixes that and check is all good i will have myt very first r34 gt-t!!!!

After all my experience i must recommend going through a dealer/importer. This guy had been in the buisness since 1992. and was extremely friendly/laid back very honest etc...

He was so confident in it been a good car he was willing to pay for the check to be done... that says alot. The company also said they havent had to give him a bad defect on any of his imported cars.

And last of all, a big thanks to all skylineaustralia for helping me and the advise (even if i didnt follow it) every little bit of info helps. When i pick up the car photos will be posted. and ill be happy to help any car clubs around looking for new members etc.

modding will begin shortly most likely... as i can get a full custom exhaust fitted : ) for a real decent price.

Thanks all :) !

Edited by Adriantc