SAU Community

Next Project? E36 M3, E46 M3, R34 Gtr?

glaze

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, the bolt on low boost supercharger kits for the E46 are high up there in the desirable and cool list. They are banshees to start with, throw the high pitch wine of the supercharger at at it and its a good way to get a punch 250rwkws. I know the E46 would be my clear pick...

I agree mate, this is awesome!

I agree mate, this is awesome!

This is exactly what I had in mind for an E46 and seeing this clip again just now, makes me think thats where I am heading!!!!

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

It makes a raspy shit exhaust note even worse IMO.

The E46 & Nice sounding exhausts are two things that never go together. Sounds crap.

hahaha... that's so true. 100% agree with the shit exhaust note. I'd still have one though :)

Ok, they might be an acquired sound but I have always loved the sound of an M3 being planted!! Its a very different sound to the RB26 so we have certainly been spoilt with the sound of an RB on full throttle:)

Horses for Courses:)

I have decided to begin prepping my car for sale and also begin some pro active research on all 3 cars so that when the time is right, if I decide to purchase I will be ready and if I decide to keep the 33, then I will have an immaculate base to enjoy my build up:)

Probably put my car up For Sale in approx 2 months and I know the GTRs dont sell over night:(

GTR's will sell - IF you price them appropriately.

Is it honestly worth putting the extra 3-4k on the price tag and fk'ing around for 4-6 months of idiots & time wasters?

Nope.

Put it up for whatever you'll realistically move it for and it wont take long to sell.

There are too many dreamer owners out there that thing thier car is worth pallet of gold these days - when it simply aint gonna happen!

Thanks Chan, I will get a 6sp as I love manual cars and the experience of driving.

What do you guys think of Evo 8/9 and Clubsport R8s or FPV GT-P?? Should I be putting these into the equation, I think the HSV and FPV maybe a little big, but thought the Evo might be a good option. Thoughts??

Cheers

I owned skylines and evos before as well. I had an Evo 9 which had 240kw at all 4 wheels. As a daily driver, it is quite a 'raw' car if you know what i mean. The interior is all plastics and in terms of worksmanship, i think an R34 interior is way better.

Turning circle for the evo is a bitch. So if you want to do a U-turn in the city, be prepared to take up the whole road.

IMO, the evo is not good as a daily driver although many people do use them as their daily. As a weekend/track car, go for the evo. With minimal mods, it will be flying around the track.

I know its not on your list but what about a v36 skyline. Handles great, great engine they make supercharger/ turbo kits for it, luxury..

or a 335I OR a new 1 series twin turbo.

Just some ideas..

Edited by 99 GTT

GTR's will sell - IF you price them appropriately.

Is it honestly worth putting the extra 3-4k on the price tag and fk'ing around for 4-6 months of idiots & time wasters?

Nope.

Put it up for whatever you'll realistically move it for and it wont take long to sell.

There are too many dreamer owners out there that thing thier car is worth pallet of gold these days - when it simply aint gonna happen!

Couldnt agree more R31Nismoid. I will be getting my car looking great, with all the little GTR things fixed, so that when a buyer comes to look at my car it is the best car in the price range ($23-26K most likely).

V36 just dont do it for me and I think the 335i and the 135i might be a little out of my price range unfortunately.

Thought the Evo might be a little raw for a DD, hence the want to go to an M3.

Cheers Guys.

If you buy an M3 and add S/C, I'll promise you it will owe more than a 135i by the time you have the M3 finished and reliable, and stopping! (they need brakes).

Get a 12 month old 135, quick ECU reflash, bye bye M3.

If you buy an M3 and add S/C, I'll promise you it will owe more than a 135i by the time you have the M3 finished and reliable, and stopping! (they need brakes).

Get a 12 month old 135, quick ECU reflash, bye bye M3.

Thanks Marlin, I didnt even think of these to be honest, will have to have a test drive of these as well and see how they fit:)

dude i would probably got the E46 although r34 is really tempting, saw a supercharged E46 fly the other night :)

I think it comes down to if you want the "classy" or "race jap" look. Advantage of an e46 is that cops are attracted to them like a skyline.

personally i like the e36 just cause its cheaper but it just looks a bit to old and there are to many 318 and 325 mock ups that makes the M3 not as appealing.

Yeh I will begin the test driving this week. I must admit to thinking of adding a few different cars in there, Clubsport, FPV GT and even the new Golf GTI.

Just want to see a range of cars so I can best get an idea of what I want.

I will keep you all posted on the test drives:)

Yeh I will begin the test driving this week. I must admit to thinking of adding a few different cars in there, Clubsport, FPV GT and even the new Golf GTI.

Just want to see a range of cars so I can best get an idea of what I want.

I will keep you all posted on the test drives:)

Golf R is coming... up-speced golfV GTI motor instead of the newer gen motor, R32 awd, less of a lead arrow than the R32... should be awesome.

Hi.

I got a e46 M3 aswell as a couple of GTR's and to be totally honest with you the Gtr's shit on the M3.

Mines a 2005 6 speed coupe and i've been whipped by a few Wrx's lol.

Mine has a Remus exhaust, extractors, Mspeed ecu and CAI.

Defiantly slower than my stock R33 GTR. Abit more responsive than the Gtr's but they run out of puff after 100km/h or so.

I own several cars and time after time i end up going back to my R32 GTR. Best car i've owned in my opinion.

So an unbiased opinion.. go the R34 GTR if you must or just stick to your R33. There really not that expensive to mod if you look around and do it right mods first time you can basically get 300kw with just a few mods unopened.

What area are you in?? Wouldn't mind giving you a test drive of my M3.

I'm selling the M3 for $55k but i reckon don't bother, Their just a boulivard/cruiser car and overrated in my opinion.

Candy, I appreciate your offer and I have PM'd you as I would love to have a run in E46 as well as talk mods for the GTR.

Let me know what you think and thanks again!!!!