SAU Community

Name That Turbo!

hey can anyone identefy this turbo?

and what sort of power this maybe good for making on an FJ20?

i know there are many elements to figure the power but maybe someone can give me it in terms of size ie thats a ..... and its about the size of a T3 or something like that, turbos are not my strong point

I can get these new for a very good price if its useful??

turbo.jpg

turbo1.jpg

Edited by FJ20DR30

Be very careful with what you buy CHEAP!

In the performance world NOTHING is cheap, that's any good. A short time ago, ebay & other outlets were flooded with supposed US made T70 turbo's for $300~500.00, but truth was they were Chinese knock offs that were shipped to Australia via USA and they were junk. Go talk to Sam at Dr Drift in Melbourne, because he had one on a customers car and it WOULD NOT spool up.

As I said, NOTHING is cheap in the performance car world!

Cheers, D

I've got a brand new genuine garrett of simular size,T4 flange for $400

That's very interesting, because ............... if you talk to Garrett at their head office in Chipping Norton NSW, they DO NOT MAKE a T04 flanged turbo of any description.

I researched this for your DR30 as I have an HKS high mount turbo manifold with a T04 flange and Garrett cannot supply me with a turbo of ANY size to fit it.

You might find you have a Chinese knock off???????

Cheers, D

Be very careful with what you buy CHEAP!

In the performance world NOTHING is cheap, that's any good. A short time ago, ebay & other outlets were flooded with supposed US made T70 turbo's for $300~500.00, but truth was they were Chinese knock offs that were shipped to Australia via USA and they were junk. Go talk to Sam at Dr Drift in Melbourne, because he had one on a customers car and it WOULD NOT spool up.

As I said, NOTHING is cheap in the performance car world!

Cheers, D

lol i was not born yesterday.. but thanks for your imput its cheap but from Garret direct so cheap because there is no middle man, thing is they have to be ordered in such a way to still look like its a part for a hyandai digger so there for im looking for a good size from a digger that will suit the car. if not no big drama..

That's very interesting, because ............... if you talk to Garrett at their head office in Chipping Norton NSW, they DO NOT MAKE a T04 flanged turbo of any description.

I researched this for your DR30 as I have an HKS high mount turbo manifold with a T04 flange and Garrett cannot supply me with a turbo of ANY size to fit it.

You might find you have a Chinese knock off???????

Cheers, D

It's a internal wastegated T04B meant for a komatsu digger.

Has a genuine ID plate etc,

I'm quite sure its not a copy

It's a internal wastegated T04B meant for a komatsu digger.

Has a genuine ID plate etc,

I'm quite sure its not a copy

Send me some pics of it please, maybe I can stick it up their sales people and if big enough, might be interested.

Cheers, D

Send me some pics of it please, maybe I can stick it up their sales people and if big enough, might be interested.

Cheers, D

Sent you some pics Ghostrider. I hope its a T4 flange for my sake, but then again might keep and use it if its a T3.

Edited by D-limo