SAU Community

Help With Picking A Fridge Up

LordMidol

G'day guys,

Got into a bit of a problem. My girlfriend is stuck in north rocks at our new house and I'm in QLD still. We bought a fridge when I was down there but the guy then said we couldn't pick it up till after I left. Now he wants it collected on Wednesday.

Anyone here with a Ute or a Trailer that wouldn't mind helping my GF out? I doubt she can lift a fridge though :bunny:

There will be money in it, just name how much you want. It's only an old cheap fridge.

Or if anyone else has any other ideas let me know. She only has my wagon (stag) down there and couldn't tow even if the falcon was there.

It's a 20 minute drive to the fridge from north rocks, so I'm guessing an hour job? 20 mins there, 5 mins collect, 20 mins back, 5 mins unload. 10 mins looking at the stag.

ETA: Just been informed the washing machine also has to be collected before I get back now. So now it's just over an hour of driving. North Rocks -> Queens -> Five Dock -> North Rocks. Will obviously pay more now... But still should be what, an hour 40 mins job?

Edited by LordMidol

Anyone here with a Ute or a Trailer that wouldn't mind helping my GF out? I doubt she can lift a fridge though ;)

Or if anyone else has any other ideas let me know. She only has my wagon (stag) down there and couldn't tow even if the falcon was there.

ha! you wait till you get home :bunny:

Edited by spotta

nawww does anyone know a company that doesn't charge an arm and a leg to collect them?

Would the fridge fit in the back of the stag if you lay it down ? You can ship a fridge that way you just have to let the fridge stand upright ( normal position ) overnight before you turn it back on.

It quite possibly would. Spotta would need to get dimensions of the fridge though...

Well if you go ahead with plan b laying the fridge down. Don't turn it on until after 24 hours or the fridge won't go no more.