SAU Community

Bayside Performance Services

stagman

Hey guys,

Just letting everyone out there know of these guys. They offer full tuning services and can also get custom designed ball bearing turbo's that are only industry available and specially designed to fit to the stock manifold. He also offers a in-house built duaghterboard ECU, (can tune nistune too), His build and install of the duaghterboard ecu is $770.

He has a 4WD dyno too.

I imagine he's quite the goods as he is always working on racing car's, and i have seen a few R35 GTR's outside his shop. Can also source all imports, cars, parts etc.

http://www.bpschiptek.com/

He's local too, located in cleveland, redland city brisbane.

Have you managed to get your nistune chip installed yet Scott? Are you going to use these guys to do the tuning for you? I'd be interested to see how they are with nistune.

Have you managed to get your nistune chip installed yet Scott? Are you going to use these guys to do the tuning for you? I'd be interested to see how they are with nistune.

Hey mate,

Nah i'm still to install it yet. I think i might give these guys a go since there local and seem to have a good rep. There currently building two racing 34 GTR's. Im goin to buy an exhuast first, but atm im throwing up between front kit, a gt35r and associated, or the exhuast and the nistune install. So over the next few weeks i should be able to decide on the path im goin to take.

I'll make sure ill let everyone know how my nistune install goes if these guys do it for me.

No contest - get the exhaust and the Nistune or you'll just strangle the GT35

haha yeah, but its a questions of funds. And what i ment by "gt35r and associated" was all the associated parts to make it worthwhile, which means its a much more expensive excersise.

Time will tell, with what path i take haha.

Hey mate,

Nah i'm still to install it yet. I think i might give these guys a go since there local and seem to have a good rep. There currently building two racing 34 GTR's. Im goin to buy an exhuast first, but atm im throwing up between front kit, a gt35r and associated, or the exhuast and the nistune install. So over the next few weeks i should be able to decide on the path im goin to take.

I'll make sure ill let everyone know how my nistune install goes if these guys do it for me.

that would be good, i'm keen to find someone closer to me that can tune nistune, 4WD dyno is good too. i just did the GT35R setup on my stagea, set me back around $3500-$4000 for turbo, injectors, ecu, afm and any other bits needed. i got some of the bits at trade discount which was ok, also did all the work myself and saved a heap on labour. i already had an exhaust and FMIC.

if i were you i'd do the exhaust, some kind of boost control, manual bleed valve would be good enough. and get the nistune installed and tuned, thats basically what i did before the big turbo upgrade, and you wouldn't believe how much better it performs just by tuning the overly rich stock ecu and adding some boost.

i haven't been to BPS yet (haven't had the chance lol) but everything i've heard about them is rave reviews. i've had good friends go there who highly rate the service and they deal with euro exotics a lot too and ferrari/lambo/etc owners don't just go anywhere.

when i've talked to the guys they're always very knowledgeable, friendly and up for a chat :banana:

they also put a 2J in an s13, so they win in my books lol.

i haven't been to BPS yet (haven't had the chance lol) but everything i've heard about them is rave reviews. i've had good friends go there who highly rate the service and they deal with euro exotics a lot too and ferrari/lambo/etc owners don't just go anywhere.

when i've talked to the guys they're always very knowledgeable, friendly and up for a chat :D

they also put a 2J in an s13, so they win in my books lol.

Mmmmmmm 2j('jayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy) haha

Well ill also be asking what they can do in the way of exhausts or where options lay and perhaps i can have the manual bleed valve, nistune and exhuast all done in dusted to keep me happy for the next year or so.

Will keep you updated :P.

i've recently heard of a guy in capalaba who might be willing to provide a decent price on a 3" exhaust. i'll grab his name if you want. i've tried all the shops i could find in moss st... jap stuff off the shelf is cheaper....

also, if your turbo ever has problems, hit up Mike Vyne Turbo on redland bay rd. is apparently a wizard.

Edited by pyro-ns

• 2 weeks later...
i've recently heard of a guy in capalaba who might be willing to provide a decent price on a 3" exhaust. i'll grab his name if you want. i've tried all the shops i could find in moss st... jap stuff off the shelf is cheaper....

also, if your turbo ever has problems, hit up Mike Vyne Turbo on redland bay rd. is apparently a wizard.

Hey Josh,

On that exhaust note that would be cool. However I might be getting BPS to do it at this stage as there more then happy dealing with the stagea. One of the Mech's has one :). Though they deal with both C.E.S and X-force, or whatever else I choose. Otherwise I was going to get a quote from exhaust innovations in capalaba when i have time, as all i have herd is good news from this shop.

BTW, the service went great. Had brakes replaced aswell with no issues. Car has been driving much better since. Im seeing about 60-80km extra in economy and all i can put it down to is the change in oil ( warming up quicker) and new sparkplugs, Also put a new radiator cap on.

I was getting around 500-570 beforehand(depending on my driving) but now with babying it around, i sore 608km before putting 63.78 litres in her with only around 2 hours of highway driving.

I will update this thread again, most likly in a month or two to share the nistune experiance.

Car has been driving much better since. Im seeing about 60-80km extra in economy and all i can put it down to is the change in oil ( warming up quicker) and new sparkplugs, Also put a new radiator cap on.

I was getting around 500-570 beforehand(depending on my driving) but now with babying it around, i sore 608km before putting 63.78 litres in her with only around 2 hours of highway driving.

Mate this increase in fuel economy is awesome! What do you think did it? Clearly it wasnt in need for oil and plugs that badly to pick up almost 100ks to a tank?

Mate this increase in fuel economy is awesome! What do you think did it? Clearly it wasnt in need for oil and plugs that badly to pick up almost 100ks to a tank?

Hmm well i think partly it was due to the ssparks and oil. I was running japenese oil in it :) . But also i really babyed it around. I proberly only hit 2700rpm a few times, the rest of the time i was aiming to stay below this. So while it annoyed alot of people my economy defintly got alot better!

I've got my car booked in here for 2 days next week. Getting a greddy oil can fitted with a bunch of HKS gear installed, oil cooler, adjustable cam gears for the exhaust and intake, belt & racing induction kit. Also getting the intercooler cleaned and redline shockproof in the gearbox and diff with a couple hours on the dyno. Hoping to get somewhere between 430-450HP.

Hopefully it all goes smoothly. Will post again later once its all complete.

Edited by CruisingFast

I've got my car booked in here for 2 days next week. Getting a greddy oil can fitted with a bunch of HKS gear installed, oil cooler, adjustable cam gears for the exhaust and intake, belt & racing induction kit. Also getting the intercooler cleaned and redline shockproof in the gearbox and diff with a couple hours on the dyno. Hoping to get somewhere between 430-450HP.

Hopefully it all goes smoothly. Will post again later once its all complete.

Looking forward to seeing the chart! Do you have stock turbos and are they steel wheeled? How much boost are you planning to run? Should be fun to drive!

Looking forward to seeing the chart! Do you have stock turbos and are they steel wheeled? How much boost are you planning to run? Should be fun to drive!

I run 1.2 and .9 bar with my HKS evc 6.

Running a pair of HKS GT-SS turbos.

This is going to be it now, no more mods I can do without opening up the engine which would be a waste of money. If I do anymore it will be to add a HKS intercooler with polished pipes.

Love driving the car, I thought the 260RS was a little heavy and slow when I first bought it but after the work I've done over the last year she's moving quite fast and don't really notice the extra weight of the wagon.

Edited by CruisingFast