SAU Community

If Buy Direct From Nengun In Japan

I'm looking at getting a Nismo Diff kit sent over.

A better unit and cheaper than most others over here.

Will I get slammed with Duty Tax when it goes through customs ?

Or can I get it labelled specifically to avoid this ?

Cheers.

If it's under $1000 including postage then you won't. But I suspect it will be over limit.

I'm not sure of the weight of them but if it comes through the normal ems postage then more than likely it will get through without any fees. If it's too heavy for the post and they use a courier then you will have to pay as they declare it for you!

If it's under $1000 including postage then you won't. But I suspect it will be over limit.

I'm not sure of the weight of them but if it comes through the normal ems postage then more than likely it will get through without any fees. If it's too heavy for the post and they use a courier then you will have to pay as they declare it for you!

The kit is $1589 inc postage. Don't know the weight. How much is Duty anyway ?

For another $16, Nengun offer to repack the items into several unmarked boxes so no one knows what's inside for security reasons. They're happy to label it as per my instructions for customs.

I could then stipulate the value of each box separately.

Anyone else done this ?

Cheers.

Edited by conan7772

Ive bought turbo kits, injectors, intercoolers etc and have never been touched by customs. dont worry mate u'll be fine.

nismo diff is nice. mate has it in his gtt. :rofl:

As Dan says it's very unlikely you'll get touched. Getting it sent in several boxes might raise suspicions more so as the packages are all coming to you.

Duty will be around the $250 mark.

• 2 weeks later...

allow me to kick some nasty thoughts

when i was like - 20. i bought wheels from indonesia. 4 wheels. bought the wheels - 18" diameter

$750 worth

took them to shipping company, shipping comany built a crate, put them on a boat and sent them over. $500 odd shipping. 6 week wait. crate was delivered to fremantle port. so

40 minute drive and a day off work to pick them up

$150 shifting fee, $100 handover fee. and 2 x $25 holding fee daily

cost heaps

plus taxes plus gst

the next time i did this

bought the wheels. kept them in boxes. bought wheels. took wheels up street to UPS agent. posted them to my door for $80 a wheel posted to my door in five days. no duty. no mess. no anything

moral of the story is. post thru EMS or UPS or whatever

chances are you won't have to pay duty or customs. seeing as it's a one-off occasion in their eyes. but... even if you have to pay duty. it's not that much and... to put it bluntly... buy the diff. cross the other bridges when you come to it.