SAU Community

Microtech Installation And Tuning On An L24e

Hey everyone,

Since I believe it's my first post of the new year hope you all had a great Christmas/New Years. Did anybody get a DR30 in their stocking? :thumbsup:

Anyway, has anyone ever installed a Microtech MT-4 into an R30 L24E(currently N/A)? Would like to get it in the car and running before I get to the turbo which won't be for about 6 months, but I don't really want to pay $500+ to get it dyno tuned until I get it running decent boost. Is getting it dyno tuned the only real option or is their another way thats a bit cheaper? What's the go for legality/insurance with aftermarket ECUs? A bloke told me the other day you have to get it emmissions certified which is like 5k ;)

Also does anyone have a plug/loom and laptop adapter for an MT-4 Microtech that they would be willing to sell me as I currently only have the ECU unit itself.

Michael

I have a MT-4 aready tuned for turbo, incl loom etc.

Will be keeping for the minute until I have enough cash for a Adaptronic.

The loom can be bought in short form, just wired up yourself.

I am able to get you a spare L24e Loom (one of 3 I have) and get the bits chopped in/out that are needed?

The ECU needs to be taken to a tuner to set the internal settings, like if youre running 4 cyl or 6 cyl, and also you arre restricted in using only the separate hand controller if the 'laptop enabled' sticker isnt on the back. the LT-4 is the factor laptop & hand controller tunable version, but you can send the MT-4 in and get the laptop connectivity. there is a special adaptor required too for about $90

I highly suggest downloading as many guides and manuals as you can find, I have the complete folder here at home, can photocopy it if you like. I have all the software too, cables etc.

do NOT have the connector, and the hand controller arrived BROKEN... fken never buy shit from SA...

As for legality, mate basically anything you do to a car has legal issues, but as some see an ECU upgrade on these old shit analogue Bosch L-Jetronic systems as a GOOD thing, better economy, lower emissions etc.

To tune youreself (on a dyno or on the road) is a big task if you havent got much understanding of what goes on. A wideband 02 meter to check air fuel (A/F) readings is ESSENTIAL.

If you somehow have the laptop enabled unit (and the connector), i can copy the 'turbo' tune details and you will be able to run it from that (i have ran mine for a week on it) , but get the final adjust tune done by the workshop

• 2 weeks later...