SAU Community

Head Light Polishing?!

Alexxs

Mine are yellow as crap and would like somewhere that will do a professional job of buffing out my headlights...

:(

so yeah, if u know of anywhere that does it for a reasonable price, please let me know

cheers

Alex

Best place is your shed with a couple of rags and some good polish.

Otherwise I guess ask your preferred Mechanic if they can do that type of thing as an extra on top of a service.

Cheers.

Luke

will the above get rid of the yellow eyes?

ive asked a few people and they said i needed to sand it back which i don't really wanna be doing kinda failed last time i tried lol! :banana:

More sleep, less alco will fix the eyes :banana:

How did you fail last time? What grade sandpaper did you use? What did you do after you sanded to finish the job?

Ive never sanded mine. Just used an old T shirt/ singlet and get good results out of whatever brand polish I have in the shed at the time. Goes from a lightish color with yellow tinge. When finished the headlights look much darker. Only takes 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat roughly every couple of months. I did try meguiars metal polish once but found that just a general general brand polish did just as gooda job.

Edited by l_uk3y

I bought a kit off eBay - little bit of sanding involved but they give you the correct sandpaper. Think it was called glassylite or something like that. Cost me about $30. Headlights look pretty good now.

I stopped at a Bursons store yesterday and noticed they had the same sort of thing for about $50

I bought a kit off eBay - little bit of sanding involved but they give you the correct sandpaper. Think it was called glassylite or something like that. Cost me about $30. Headlights look pretty good now.

I stopped at a Bursons store yesterday and noticed they had the same sort of thing for about $50

Likewise. Glassylite kit is the best stuff...comes with sandpaper, cleaner, polish and nano-sealant. Mine are still clear as daylight and it's been about 2 months since I used the Glasslite.

20 months on and mine are clear as. Why not use a SAU Vic supporter in Final Inspection? Get the car detailed, headlights done at the same time and you're good to go.

I still recommend to people, paint polish and a MACHINE, not a 'hand job' will give you the results you really want. Some headlights do require a wetsand if really bad, but most times, you can just attack with paint polish and a machine. Keep them waxed and you shouldn't have an issue for a long time IF corrected properly in the first place.

If the FI gallery wasn't down, i'd show you what can be done with paint polish and a machine ... Damian took some great shots...

SS8, whats a machine..? im not following when you say polish and a machine...

anyway im gonna try again to scub them out a bit this afternoon when it cools down, cause SHIT its hot today... not as bad as yesterday but still >.<!

i might just try toothpaste first ^_^

he means polish it using a machine

i did the lights on my R34. only did a half assed job cause i was just seeing how it comes out and it came out good.

got myself some mild rubbing compount and gave the geadlights a good rub. the grains int he cutting compount cut away 90% of the yellow tinge but after a quick wipe it left the headlight dull. then got some paint polish and rubbed it on the headlight. using a buffer (machine) i buffed the headligth then put a coat or carnuba (sp) wax on it. and its come out awesome. all up each headlight took me 20mins

depending on where your located i can come and do yours for you.

he means polish it using a machine

i did the lights on my R34. only did a half assed job cause i was just seeing how it comes out and it came out good.

got myself some mild rubbing compount and gave the geadlights a good rub. the grains int he cutting compount cut away 90% of the yellow tinge but after a quick wipe it left the headlight dull. then got some paint polish and rubbed it on the headlight. using a buffer (machine) i buffed the headligth then put a coat or carnuba (sp) wax on it. and its come out awesome. all up each headlight took me 20mins

depending on where your located i can come and do yours for you.

wahhhh

if ur Serious about it ashneel ill take u up on that, im in wheelers hill like 10min away max..

anyway pm'd u

use AUTOSOL metal polish from supercheap auto , any other plastic polish is ok but this kicks ass

pretty sure theres a reason its metal polish and plastic polish

just taking a guess and saying different chemicals in each and could damage if used on wrong application