SAU Community

Cefiro Rear Brake Pads

RBceffy25

As the title suggests, what is the part number or what other models fit A31 RB20DET rear calipers? Or in other words, what fits the factory turbo, rear calipers.

Straight answers please, no time wasteres.

Thanks guys!

nah mate, rear brakes are different,

Are you running sindle or twin piston calipers rear mate?

twin piston are R32

Single piston, last time i needed a set i took one of my pads into the local brake joint and they matched it up in their book.they were maxima ones or something like that.

Front brakes are SR turbo ones

This is where different models become confusing. Was yours a 20DE or 20E originally ?

I know that with my Maxima and other Nissans, that they received discs at the rears if it was ABS model, if it was turbo, etc.

Australian model Maxima's have never been released with drum brakes, we've always had discs all round as standard here, but imports are different obviously.

Assuming the Cefiro was released in a similar fashion I'd say it depends on weather it was factory ABS, turbo, and/or how brakes were changed if it was converted to turbo later on.

+ As far as i Remember, didn't they all have single piston brakes all round anyway?

You said twin pistons the same as R32s ... even the turbo models had single piston, even at the fronts.

I'll have a look at my trusty sales brochures I got from Japan when I get home.

Autech Editions might have used different calipers to match their turbo's and shit, dunno.

just been through the same shit, silvia pads are waaay different, got a bendix book at work, the exact match in shape is the db1144 but after buying them i found out the pad material is too thick, wouldnt let the caliper sit back in place, so would ask for the the thinner version(if possible) of those pads and go from there

they were matched to skyline 33 gts rear pads, but obviously the got a wider caliper for thicker pads

go here http://www.bendix.com.au/ProductCatalogue.aspx and select

nissan

skyline

1993-1999; r33(import) non turbo

theres a listing for ceffys but only for fronts and theres no pic

just been through the same shit, silvia pads are waaay different, got a bendix book at work, the exact match in shape is the db1144 but after buying them i found out the pad material is too thick, wouldnt let the caliper sit back in place, so would ask for the the thinner version(if possible) of those pads and go from there

they were matched to skyline 33 gts rear pads, but obviously the got a wider caliper for thicker pads

go here http://www.bendix.com.au/ProductCatalogue.aspx and select

nissan

skyline

1993-1999; r33(import) non turbo

theres a listing for ceffys but only for fronts and theres no pic

I hope I'm not insulting your intelligence here, but did you make sure to spread the pistons in the caliper with one of those tools?

Otherwise, I'd say GTS (non turbo) skylines sound like the correct pad considering they have drum brakes.

Edited by daisu

:P my bad. Now I get ya. What's that got to do with pads though ?

Aren't the handbrake setups the same as R32s and its just the cable which is different ?

OP, if you have too much trouble finding a fitting pad, it's a good excuse to just upgrade to something bigger and more common.

The skyline/cefiro/laurel rear brakes have disc brakes with an internal drum (handbrake).

The S13/14/15 have regular disc brakes with cable operation on the calipers for the handbrake.

The difference is the size and shape of the caliper has to be different to accommodate the change in shape of the rotors.

If the caliper is a different size/shape then obviously the pads will be different too.

• 6 months later...

What would be the best upgrade for the ceffy rear if I was going 5 stud and to retain the disk/drum combo? 33 or...

Also would the handbrake cable need to be changed?

Sorry to hijack the thread :)

Edited by surfbum64