SAU Community

260rwkw Is My Goal

da spike

Hi,

As the topic states I'm trying to achieve around 260rwkw and just need some advice on a couple of things.

Car: R33 S2

Current:

Std Turbo

Std Injectors

Std AFM

Just Jap FMIC

Apexi AVC-R

Walbro 500hp internal fuel pump

JJR Coils

Toshi re-map

Exedy Heady Duty Clutch (put in 3000kms ago)

3" dump and 3.5" catback with hi-flow cat

Proposed:

S15 480CC injectors

Hypergear R34 OP6 hiflow turbo

Z32 AFM

Toshi re-map

I read in a couple of posts that people had some issues with the Walbro fuel pump but this was mainly with a 450HP one. This one is 500HP and I'm just wondering whether anyone has any experience with this one? What about the FMIC and clutch?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by da spike

Toshi does wonders, my car was running like shit before his tune with heaps of flat spots but now its very smooth and revs out much quicker :huh:

Edited by da spike

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I have some questions:

I have sourced the s15 injectors, z32 AFM and just waiting for the turbo to come in from Hypergear.

Can I put in the s15 injectors for the time being and drive the car normally? I read in some posts that it should be ok but I just wanted to double check this.

Also once I wire up the z32 AFM will I be able to drive the car to get it tuned or will it run like a dog?

Thanks guys.

You will need to scale the injectors through the ECU to get them running properly. You can't just install them and then drive the car.

Edited by PM-R33

as above just drive it there stock and fit them once you get to the tuners.

on the subject of turbo, why not go the Hypergear Powered Up "PU" hi flow. You are already purchasing an R34 OP6 housing anyway so you may as well get a 0.82 housing.

They have a dyno of one making 269rwkw and 272rwkw on an R33. The R34 OP6 housing looks to make more around 250rwkw.

Edited by Harey

He will make 260rwkws+ on the OP6 with the actuator supplied. The PU high flows are capable of doing lot more then 270rwkws.

Sounds good but what is the cost difference between an OP6 and a 0.82 housing? Seeing as though the OP6 housing has to be purchased anyway as he has an R33.

The only reason I would stay with the standard type hi-flow is to stay legal ie look completely standard from the outside. Once thats changed by using an OP6 housing, I reckon go all the way with the 0.82!

I already had a blown r34 turbo with OP6 rear so I just sent that in to get highflowed :)

I was thinking about getting the powered up highflow but I'll be happy with 260rwkw and no need really, i'd rather a tad more response.

Thanks for the replies guys looks like its getting trailered there.

can drive with 480cc injectors and the standard ecu, it'll run richer and will foul plugs quicker but other than that it wont do any damage. wire the z32 plug into the standard afm wires without cutting them so you have both plugs in there, makes swapping the afm a 5min job if that. car will probably run with the z32 and 480s if you have to limp it to the tuner, just keep it off boost.

I already had a blown r34 turbo with OP6 rear so I just sent that in to get highflowed :cool:

I was thinking about getting the powered up highflow but I'll be happy with 260rwkw and no need really, i'd rather a tad more response.

Thanks for the replies guys looks like its getting trailered there.

Thats sweet then!

I will prob do the same one day as I would love to keep the exterior of my turbo 100% standard. Keen to see what power you can get out of it!

can drive with 480cc injectors and the standard ecu, it'll run richer and will foul plugs quicker but other than that it wont do any damage. wire the z32 plug into the standard afm wires without cutting them so you have both plugs in there, makes swapping the afm a 5min job if that. car will probably run with the z32 and 480s if you have to limp it to the tuner, just keep it off boost.

I am fairly new to skylines but with commodores you could change the injectors within about 5 mins. I once just changed them in the tuners car park. What sort of job is it on an RB25?

I like the afm idea.

I am fairly new to skylines but with commodores you could change the injectors within about 5 mins. I once just changed them in the tuners car park. What sort of job is it on an RB25?

It doesnt seem too hard, theres a DIY article about it on here, I dont think its a 5 minute job though lol.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/In...mp;hl=injectors

Edited by da spike